Author Topic: Post Summer League/Pre-Training Camp Roster Discussion  (Read 2898 times)

Re: Post Summer League/Pre-Training Camp Roster Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 08:20:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Nader and Yabu should be moved, imo. #MakeWayForUthoff ;D

I don't really have a big problem with moving Yabu..but wouldn't you want to get a player back for Yabu? Or are you ready to give up on him?

Nader has little trade value (small salary), but combining Morris and Yabu would raise a few eyebrows. You could take just one roster slot back, and still keep the 15th spot for Uthoff (shudder). Who would you want though? (assuming you want to get a player back in the deal of course..)

Isn't still best idea is to wait until the deadline/buyout, and actually try snag someone who will contribute

Who/what did you have in mind? I was thinking of something along the lines of a second rounder from a team like Phoenix in next year's draft and a certain someone on their G League team ;) ;D, but, wait, don't we have, like, 4 first round picks, next year? :o

Crap, lol ;D.

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 09:28:58 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'd look into trading Nader into another team's cap space (and giving them cash for the trouble) before waiving/stretching him. 150k isn't much now, but it could be the difference between getting a buyout guy or not

I think they can stretch him over 7 years, so it’s closer to $64k.

I don’t know if I can take 7 more years of looking at Nader’s name when looking up Celtics team salary on Hoopshype/Spotrac. It’s been annoying enough with Demetrius Jackson and I didnt mind him. Best to just cut the cord now and suffer the consequences  ;) (actually, not really - I am one of those who is a bit obsessed with staying under the tax this year).

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 05:34:23 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Should be news soon on who is getting camp invites and disposition of the players from our summer league roster. I'm  sure Danny and Brad  are scouring the other teams rosters to see who they will invite.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 05:59:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'd look into trading Nader into another team's cap space (and giving them cash for the trouble) before waiving/stretching him. 150k isn't much now, but it could be the difference between getting a buyout guy or not

I don’t know if I can take 7 more years of looking at Nader’s name when looking up Celtics team salary on Hoopshype/Spotrac. It’s been annoying enough with Demetrius Jackson and I didnt mind him. Best to just cut the cord now and suffer the consequences  ;) (actually, not really - I am one of those who is a bit obsessed with staying under the tax this year).
good lord.  Ainge has him under contract for 3 more years?  that's got to be one of his most bone-headed signings. 

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 06:01:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

good lord.  Ainge has him under contract for 3 more years?  that's got to be one of his most bone-headed signings.

This year is partially guaranteed ($450k if waived before Aug 1), and the next two years are non-guaranteed.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 06:21:51 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

This year is partially guaranteed ($450k if waived before Aug 1), and the next two years are non-guaranteed.

As one of the only people supporting Nader on this site, maybe only because I am an ISU alum, I don't think DA looks like a bone head if he only owes 450k to Nader and the other years aren't guaranteed.  With all of the other wings on our team, I wouldn't be shocked to not see Abdel not back this season. 

I will probably need to throw my ISU support to Niang (jazz), Burton (OKC), Morris (Denver for now) and hope one of those guys makes their teams roster.

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 06:54:55 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

As one of the only people supporting Nader on this site, maybe only because I am an ISU alum, I don't think DA looks like a bone head if he only owes 450k to Nader and the other years aren't guaranteed.  With all of the other wings on our team, I wouldn't be shocked to not see Abdel not back this season. 

I will probably need to throw my ISU support to Niang (jazz), Burton (OKC), Morris (Denver for now) and hope one of those guys makes their teams roster.

Absolutely love Deonte Burton, Niang is excellent, offensively, and Monte Morris is apparently dating Amber Rose, LOL :o ;D. #RandomFactsOfTheDay ;D