Author Topic: Sasha Baron Cohen gets prominent Rs to endorse arming preschoolers  (Read 1403 times)

Re: Sasha Baron Cohen gets prominent Rs to endorse arming preschoolers
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 08:43:28 PM »

Offline liam

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 734
You can't cheat an honest man.

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 08:58:23 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1187
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
That's some funny stuff. I hope the constituencies of those Congressmen get to see this, realize how very stupid their representatives are and elect them out of Congress.

Some funny stuff these guys said.

"Introduce specialty selected children from 12 to 4 years old to pistols, rifles, semi-automatics and a rudimentary understanding of mortars"

"A first grader can become a first grenader"

"Its something we should think about in America, putting guns in the hands of.....
whether they be teachers, or whether they actually be talented children or highly trained preschoolers"

"A 3 year old can't protect itself from an assault rifle by throwing a Hello Kitty pencil case at it"

"Toddlers are pure, uneffected by fake news and homosexuality"

"Children under 5 years old have elevated levels of the pheromone Blink 182 produced by the part of the liver called the Rita Ora. This allows nerve reflexes to travel along the Cardi B pathway to the Wiz Kalifa"

Boy I hope these guys knew it was a prank and went along with it otherwise this goes from being hilarious to being extremely sad.

I doubt they knew it's a prank.

A politician should be smart enough to know that they can't look like idiots in public.
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life."

- Red

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 09:22:11 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 330
The tactic is somewhat nefarious but these people believed what they said.

Good Lord, what has the republican party become.

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 09:37:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 5419

Its not the whole Republican party. Cohen did his research. He knew which far right guys might be not too bright and be suseptible to being duped. I wouldn't paint the whole party as being as dumb or as radically right as these guys.

I think a bunch, not all, not a majority, but a bunch of Republicans in Congress probably would support teachers with proper training being armed in school. But it takes a special type of far right wing idiot to believe it would be a good idea to arm the kids, especially preschoolers. Cohen did good research and found some. Like I said, I don't think its the whole party.

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 09:39:00 PM »

Offline cons

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 68
what am i gonna do without these forums? love that i get my celtics fix mixed w stuff like this. haha  awesome  :)

say it aint so :(

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2018, 09:58:28 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 330

Its not the whole Republican party. Cohen did his research. He knew which far right guys might be not too bright and be suseptible to being duped. I wouldn't paint the whole party as being as dumb or as radically right as these guys.

I think a bunch, not all, not a majority, but a bunch of Republicans in Congress probably would support teachers with proper training being armed in school. But it takes a special type of far right wing idiot to believe it would be a good idea to arm the kids, especially preschoolers. Cohen did good research and found some. Like I said, I don't think its the whole party.

Inaction is an act.  The republican party as an entity has been complicit with enabling this element.  No, not every member of the republican party would be this dumb or would share this view but far too many of them are unwilling to stand up and put a stop to this being part of the infrastructure of the party.  These guys displayed absolute idiocy.  And they won a republican primary and then were elected in a general election (as was Trump).

The party is carrying water for these far extreme gun advocates because they don't want to lose this easy source of votes.  You can't win a primary without the loony ultra-right vote.  So they pander and/or remain silent.  Trent Lott for example was a main stream party establishment leader.  How far is he from the center of the republican party?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:07:24 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2018, 10:28:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1193
LOL...that's hilarious!

You would have to think they were all in on the joke, but maybe not.  I'm actually really curious to know.

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 10:31:39 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 196
I feel like Walsh is just joking around based on his delivery, but thatís about it.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2018, 10:34:01 PM »

Online Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 23
Whatever your opinion of SBC, heís got a real knack for publicity.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2018, 10:39:04 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 890
  • Mr. Emoji
That's some funny stuff. I hope the constituencies of those Congressmen get to see this, realize how very stupid their representatives are and elect them out of Congress.

Some funny stuff these guys said.

"Introduce specialty selected children from 12 to 4 years old to pistols, rifles, semi-automatics and a rudimentary understanding of mortars"

"A first grader can become a first grenader"

"Its something we should think about in America, putting guns in the hands of.....
whether they be teachers, or whether they actually be talented children or highly trained preschoolers"

"A 3 year old can't protect itself from an assault rifle by throwing a Hello Kitty pencil case at it"

"Toddlers are pure, uneffected by fake news and homosexuality"

"Children under 5 years old have elevated levels of the pheromone Blink 182 produced by the part of the liver called the Rita Ora. This allows nerve reflexes to travel along the Cardi B pathway to the Wiz Kalifa"

Boy I hope these guys knew it was a prank and went along with it otherwise this goes from being hilarious to being extremely sad.

That's honestly the first time that Sacha Baron Cohen has ever made me laugh, so TP for sharing, lol ;D.

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2018, 01:35:19 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
Great success!

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2018, 04:02:46 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 283
The Blink 182, the Cardi B, the Wiz Khalifa, the Rita Ora... oh man...
Oh maaaan...
Funny...choking.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2018, 06:38:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1044
He is funny and dupes a lot of people.  If he caught the people saying that stuff they should be exposed.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:07:41 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2018, 09:36:28 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 196
Man, he was just warming up last week. The first and last scenes were downright depressing this week.

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2018, 09:46:38 PM »

Online Moranis

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 915
The show is simultaneously sad, cringeworthy, and hilarious.