Author Topic: Jabari Parker to CHI  (Read 4144 times)

Jabari Parker to CHI
« on: July 14, 2018, 12:24:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent forward Jabari Parker has agreed to a two-year, $40M deal with the Chicago Bulls, league sources tell ESPN. Milwaukee rescinded Parker’s qualifying offer moments ago, making him unrestricted. – via Twitter wojespn

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Jabari Parker to CHI
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 12:27:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
That essentially just leaves Sacramento as the only place with enough cap space left to potentially offer Smart a sizable contract that we would be doubtful to match, right?

Looks like it’s almost a guarantee that Smart plays for the QO this year at this point.

Anyways, like this move for Chicago. When healthy Parker is a legitimate offensive option who can easily eclipse 20 ppg. The question is if he’ll be able to stay healthy in that knee.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 12:27:49 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I bet Marcus Smart loved this!   20million and he’s been hurt a lot.  Crazy.  I hope he stays healthy. 
Diggles

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 12:28:12 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Losing him for nothing was a mistake by MIL. If Parker makes a career in Chicago, this will be one of the moves that dooms Giannis to leave.

On a side note, if everyone can stay healthy, the offensive potential of Lavine-Parker-Markannen is pretty exciting.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 12:33:40 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Really rooting for Jabari. He seems like a nice kid. His career has been a bit derailed by injuries, but watching him you can still see he has some real special skill.

Bulls are starting to put together a nice balanced young core..

Dunn
Lavine
Parker
Markkanan
Carter

With Valentine, Payne, Portis, Holiday off the bench

If they can stay healthy I can see them making some noise in the east. Only problem being they're so young.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 12:39:35 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Losing him for nothing was a mistake by MIL. If Parker makes a career in Chicago, this will be one of the moves that dooms Giannis to leave.

On a side note, if everyone can stay healthy, the offensive potential of Lavine-Parker-Markannen is pretty exciting.

Rumor is Giannis didn't wanna play with Jabari anymore.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 12:43:56 PM »

• Paul Silas

Rumor is Giannis didn't wanna play with Jabari anymore.

I heard that rumor. It makes sense.

That said, top-level teams don't lose talent for nothing. They either keep the talent and make the coach figure it out, or they trade it for other talent.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 12:45:24 PM »

• Paul Silas
I bet Marcus Smart loved this!   20million and he’s been hurt a lot.  Crazy.  I hope he stays healthy.

I was thinking the opposite. From my math, only the Kings have enough cap space to make an offer bigger than the MLE (8.6) after this signing by the bulls.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 12:47:56 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Means nothing for Smart. The Bulls paid him a huge sum in the first year to give themselves a TO after year 1.

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 12:57:49 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
The perimeter defense is going to be horrible for the bulls.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 01:12:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Good deal for both sides.  Jabari gets paid.  If he looks good after a year, the Bulls get a second year.  And if he still looks good after that, the Bulls will have his Early Bird rights, which will let them go over the cap to give him up to the max salary with 8% raises in free agency in 2020.

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 01:26:15 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
That essentially just leaves Sacramento as the only place with enough cap space left to potentially offer Smart a sizable contract that we would be doubtful to match, right?

Looks like it’s almost a guarantee that Smart plays for the QO this year at this point.

Anyways, like this move for Chicago. When healthy Parker is a legitimate offensive option who can easily eclipse 20 ppg. The question is if he’ll be able to stay healthy in that knee.

Don’t the Hawks have cap space too?

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 01:29:20 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Don’t the Hawks have cap space too?
Only 10M or so after the trade for Jeremy Lyn. 

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 01:55:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Markannen/Parker/Carter Jr./Portis is a pretty deadly offensive front-court rotation, especially alongside Lavine.

I like what Chicago is doing
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 02:07:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Markannen/Parker/Carter Jr./Portis is a pretty deadly offensive front-court rotation, especially alongside Lavine.

I like what Chicago is doing

They gave too much money to Lavine imo, otherwise I love their moves. They still have Robin Lopez too, he's an excellent front court option