Author Topic: Big Announcement: CelticsBlog forums phasing out (need your help)  (Read 63955 times)

Re: Big Announcement: CelticsBlog forums phasing out (need your help)
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2018, 10:07:39 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
No way in HELL we can let this forum die. It is the ONLY place I can go to discuss the Celtics. Living Cavs country I have nobody to talk to.

I have been here since 2008 and plan on being here longer. Many on here are folks I have lived and died with during games, offseasons, trades, injuries and other stuff.

Please do not leave without me.

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2018, 10:15:14 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
No way in HELL we can let this forum die. It is the ONLY place I can go to discuss the Celtics. Living Cavs country I have nobody to talk to.

I have been here since 2008 and plan on being here longer. Many on here are folks I have lived and died with during games, offseasons, trades, injuries and other stuff.

Me too: live in cincy oh and came here with KG and stayed ever since. I check this place out a min. Of 10 times a day all year round!

Definitely will want to follow wherever this place goes but man this is the worst birthday present ever.... And I just had  a waiter have the entire wing place sing to me lol

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2018, 10:40:17 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Did Jeff say there is a Celticblog.com that will remain? I am confused. The forum IS Celticsblog. Lets keep it going guys.

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2018, 11:13:25 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Might I suggest a new username if/when the forums move?

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2018, 11:19:23 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Might I suggest a new username if/when the forums move?
[/quot
Moved to Ohio after the 2008 season from Florida. Had already created my username. Just left it. Might tweak it after the move to wherever this place goes

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2018, 11:19:59 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
the big question: will our stars/TP carry over?

ha

Yeah, my credits better transfer, lol ;) ;D.

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2018, 11:25:48 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I am not a tech guy, but, have been in business all of my life.

From what I've learned in business.

We have an asset here, The asset is all of us. We lend our time and eyeballs to this forum. A lot of well developed Celtic writers here...a lot. This is an asset that can be leveraged at the "new" location into advertising sales. SBNation is to be challenged for not having a notion of how to turn this asset into ad dollars.

Our writing and interaction is second to none and I am sure there will be plenty of clicks for whomever to monetize.

There must be an ad/click/monetizer firm out there somewhere who wants our fan demographic combined with our "moderated content". BTW dropping this bomb in July is tough as our numbers are thin now.

Has there been a traffic volume  stat analysis? I know our tech guys here can get this done. 

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2018, 12:12:03 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

We have an asset here, The asset is all of us. We lend our time and eyeballs to this forum. A lot of well developed Celtic writers here...a lot. This is an asset that can be leveraged at the "new" location into advertising sales. SBNation is to be challenged for not having a notion of how to turn this asset into ad dollars.

Our writing and interaction is second to none and I am sure there will be plenty of clicks for whomever to monetize.

There must be an ad/click/monetizer firm out there somewhere who wants our fan demographic combined with our "moderated content". BTW dropping this bomb in July is tough as our numbers are thin now.

Has there been a traffic volume  stat analysis? I know our tech guys here can get this done.
Yes to all of this. Right now I'm working off of these stats, but I would agree there is more value here than just page views.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?action=stats

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2018, 12:19:09 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Yes to all of this. Right now I'm working off of these stats, but I would agree there is more value here than just page views.

I agree with all the above, but I wanted to hop in and note that more than 1/3 of rollie mass’ posts have been new threads.

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2018, 12:27:40 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
I smell a SCRUM! 1...2...3...SCRUM MASTER!!!!

Sprint sprint sprint
ok fine

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2018, 12:27:45 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Given our number of users and general activity, I would imagine some advertisers have approached SBNation in the past.  Once some of the technical logistics are underway, that may be a place to start looking for the necessary monetary support.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2018, 01:02:14 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

What happened on March 22, 2014 to get 4256 users online. 

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2018, 01:35:26 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I love the forums and would be wreaked without them. I'm not sure if I can offer much in the way of anything other that enthusiastic support. I worked in Computer design  and site setup related jobs in the 90s and early 2000s but I'm much more limited to low or no work levels and my memory comes and goes and things requiring an ever consistent  memory are mostly beyond me. I would so love to continue on fighting and arguing with you all like the large demented family we have become. Keep me posted....

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2018, 02:37:18 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Best way to watch a game is with the game threads so not having those would stink. Also someone mentioned Wyc/the Celtics jumping in to support it...I actually don't think that's a good idea. The unfiltered opinions here are something that I really enjoy - and while the Celtics currently have as good a management team as anyone could reasonably expect - if they screw up I want to hear the full extent of the anger expressed here - not a filtered version that won't offend more casual (or young) fans.

Unfortunately I am not overly tech-savvy so I'm of no help there.  However just a thought - if all else failed would a Reddit board be an option?  Granted we lose the user names and the archives.  But there would be zero connection problems and it would be a totally 'pure' forum.

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2018, 02:57:48 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

What happened on March 22, 2014 to get 4256 users online.

Must be the effects of Paul Pierce returning to Boston in a Nets jersey.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)