Author Topic: Big Announcement: CelticsBlog forums phasing out (need your help)  (Read 8676 times)

Re: Big Announcement: CelticsBlog forums phasing out (need your help)
« Reply #195 on: August 06, 2018, 10:56:34 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1241
Best of luck to you guys

how you doing ol sport. I'll be danged if i don't miss the heck out of you.

My handsome boys.
"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game."
-Larry Bird

« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2018, 01:31:55 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 899
Personally I think it would be prudent to start from scratch on the new forum because of how many dead accounts there would be on celtics blog forum, as it's impossible to delete an account even if someone wanted to.

As long as people use their old username and avatar everyone will know who you are anyway.

You're not wrong. Of the approximately 43,250 users (865 pages / 50 user per page), only about 1300 users have over 100 posts (ends on the 26th page). That is like 840 of the 865 pages of users who have under 100 posts.

If there was a way to boil that down a bit, that would be ideal, but I understand if it's not. I do think there would be a number of people who might be liable to check out some other sites if their post count / TPs were reset, though. I mean, it's happened before a couple of times before SB Nation, but never have we moved to a completely different site and never has a CB forum lasted anywhere near this long.

Iím just curious, what does it matter if they are inactive? Why shouldnít their posts carry over? Seems like itís really just porting all the info over, and Iím no expert but wouldnít it be easier to port all data over than to sift through it?

Does it matter if a new CB has 1,300 users (all of whom post regularly) or 43,000 (of which 1300 post regularly)?
I AM A CELTIC

« Reply #197 on: August 07, 2018, 05:27:35 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 531
I know I'm late to the funeral, but this breaks my heart (if I had one).

I'm not a tech guy, but I'm willing to donate some money if it helps keeping the forums alive.
In the 2017 off-season, I predicted the Celtics will not win the title for the next 10 years.

1 down, 9 to go.

« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2018, 08:33:36 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 884
Personally I think it would be prudent to start from scratch on the new forum because of how many dead accounts there would be on celtics blog forum, as it's impossible to delete an account even if someone wanted to.

As long as people use their old username and avatar everyone will know who you are anyway.

You're not wrong. Of the approximately 43,250 users (865 pages / 50 user per page), only about 1300 users have over 100 posts (ends on the 26th page). That is like 840 of the 865 pages of users who have under 100 posts.

If there was a way to boil that down a bit, that would be ideal, but I understand if it's not. I do think there would be a number of people who might be liable to check out some other sites if their post count / TPs were reset, though. I mean, it's happened before a couple of times before SB Nation, but never have we moved to a completely different site and never has a CB forum lasted anywhere near this long.

Iím just curious, what does it matter if they are inactive? Why shouldnít their posts carry over? Seems like itís really just porting all the info over, and Iím no expert but wouldnít it be easier to port all data over than to sift through it?

Does it matter if a new CB has 1,300 users (all of whom post regularly) or 43,000 (of which 1300 post regularly)?

It's not about posting regularly. Of the 43,000+ users, over 37,000 have never posted a single post. And of those 6,000+ almost a 1/4 of them have only posted once.

I fully understand that it is not necessarily feasible to sift through what users to keep and what ones are not worth keeping, just that it is interesting that 85-90% of the user names are completely obsolete.

« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2018, 08:49:21 AM »

Offline gift

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 142

It's not about posting regularly. Of the 43,000+ users, over 37,000 have never posted a single post. And of those 6,000+ almost a 1/4 of them have only posted once.

I fully understand that it is not necessarily feasible to sift through what users to keep and what ones are not worth keeping, just that it is interesting that 85-90% of the user names are completely obsolete.

You should try to keep Danny Ainge's account at least.

« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2018, 09:18:56 AM »

Online greece666

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1193
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

I’m just curious, what does it matter if they are inactive? Why shouldn’t their posts carry over? Seems like it’s really just porting all the info over, and I’m no expert but wouldn’t it be easier to port all data over than to sift through it?

that's some great info right there

how did you find it btw? - i had to go through the full member list - users with 0 posts start on p. 119  :P

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;desc;start=5900
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:14:00 PM by greece666 »

« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2018, 12:08:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1025
Best of luck to you guys

how you doing ol sport. I'll be danged if i don't miss the heck out of you.

My handsome boys.

we wouldn't be who we are today without you tars.