Author Topic: 12 Russians indicted for hacking DNC, Clinton/Helsinki Summit  (Read 8705 times)

Re: 12 Russians indicted for hacking DNC, Clinton/Helsinki Summit
« Reply #300 on: July 22, 2018, 03:45:12 PM »

Offline Greenback

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • "Strike if you will, but hear me." ~ Themistocles
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #301 on: July 22, 2018, 04:12:57 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1355
Well, well, well....

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2018/07/22/james-clapper-comes-clean-says-obama-behind-trump-campaign-witch-hunt/

I explored and found what I could in terms of direct quotes from Clapper re: the interview referred to. Seems to me he said almost the opposite of what is claimed in the article you posted.  Sorry — I only have phone with me and don’t know how to link.  But Clapper actually said that Obama should be credited with getting the wheels turning on Russia meddling and that it is in no way a witch hunt. 

Someone better skilled than I am at this type of research maybe could link actual in-context quotes from Clapper or perhaps the video alluded to in Greenback’s post.  I will readily admit if I have it wrong, but my 20 minutes of searching for Clappers actual words left me with the opposite conclusion portrayed in the article Greenback posted.

« Reply #302 on: July 22, 2018, 04:17:26 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 890
  • Mr. Emoji
Well, well, well....

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2018/07/22/james-clapper-comes-clean-says-obama-behind-trump-campaign-witch-hunt/

I explored and found what I could in terms of direct quotes from Clapper re: the interview referred to. Seems to me he said almost the opposite of what is claimed in the article you posted.  Sorry — I only have phone with me and don’t know how to link.  But Clapper actually said that Obama should be credited with getting the wheels turning on Russia meddling and that it is in no way a witch hunt. 

Someone better skilled than I am at this type of research maybe could link actual in-context quotes from Clapper or perhaps the video alluded to in Greenback’s post.  I will readily admit if I have it wrong, but my 20 minutes of searching for Clappers actual words left me with the opposite conclusion portrayed in the article Greenback posted.

I'm not surprised given that the site's Twitter bio says -
Where media credibility has been reborn. #MAGA #TrumpIsOurPOTUS #AmericaFirstMedia

#NotExactlyTheBestSauce ;D

« Reply #303 on: July 22, 2018, 04:30:16 PM »

Offline Greenback

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • "Strike if you will, but hear me." ~ Themistocles
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #304 on: July 22, 2018, 04:37:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2359
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
What do you think from CNN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrYK_-CkuH0

Can anyone get the full context of this quote? It seems like he's building towards something and it just cuts out.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #305 on: July 22, 2018, 04:59:27 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 2034
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Well, well, well....

Right-wing media is a bottomless well of bad faith, deceptively edited film at 11.

« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2018, 05:02:24 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1355
What do you think from CNN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrYK_-CkuH0

Given what I’ve read of this interview, Clapper was praising Obama for getting things started — and was actually contrasting Obama’s action with Trumps claim that Obama did nothing in response to Russia meddling.   Greenback, I think you have this wrong — and I am a person who doesn’t presume any site is either pure fake news or purely reliable.  The article you sent seemed incomplete and what I’ve found does not corroborate your artcle’s claims. Nor does the clip you sent.

« Reply #307 on: July 22, 2018, 05:02:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27753
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Well, well, well....

Right-wing media is a bottomless well of bad faith, deceptively edited film at 11.

I think you typed “Right-wing” when you meant “Partisan political”.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #308 on: July 22, 2018, 05:07:11 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 2034
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Well, well, well....

Nope.

« Reply #309 on: July 22, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Well, well, well....

Nope.

Then you’re no better than those you’re criticizing.

« Reply #310 on: July 22, 2018, 07:38:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 8880
Well, well, well....

Nope.

I think he is.  TP to FWF for being one of the most reasonable people in the current event forums. 

« Reply #311 on: July 22, 2018, 07:41:19 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 363
Well, well, well....

Nope.

No way.
The conservative movement is in the thral of conspiracy theory spewing ideologues  who don’t give a [dang] about the truth.
While the left has its nuts, none have the following or political influence of these right wing blowhards.
This is not a case of “both sides do it”
This is a case of ideology suborning truth.

« Reply #312 on: July 22, 2018, 07:51:04 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 884
Well, well, well....

Nope.

I think he is.  TP to FWF for being one of the most reasonable people in the current event forums.

Yeah, I second that. Over the last few years, FWF has proven to be a one of the premier voices out there. There are many news outlets on the internet, but he honestly has about the most reasonable, articulate, and comprehensive analysis I've seen across a variety of current events spectrums.

This probably sounds like a whole lot of ball-washing, but, like Saltlover with his mastery of the salary cap, FWF also deserves a whole lot of credit. One of the reasons it would be such a shame to lose the forums part of this blog.

« Reply #313 on: July 22, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1192
As someone who considers themselves neither left nor right, I absolutely I find both extremes equally disgusting in terms of how they go about their business.  Anyone who claims otherwise is probably from one of these extremes and shouldn't be trusted.

« Reply #314 on: July 22, 2018, 09:50:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Well, well, well....

Nope.

Reasonable in an echo chamber / confirmation bias sort of way. I think FWF would admit that he’s closer to left than center.  The fact that he only sees bad faith in right wing media speaks quite loudly to his bias. The fact that you agree says something about your own.

I read a lot of Huff Post, Kos, Mother Jones, and plenty of others. To not see bad faith or intentional misleading is comical, similar to not seeing it on Breitbart.