Author Topic: 12 Russians indicted for hacking DNC, Clinton/Helsinki Summit  (Read 8786 times)

Re: 12 Russians indicted for hacking DNC, Clinton
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2018, 09:55:11 AM »

Online greece666

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1195
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
@BeatLA

Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

Last time that the US helped topple a foreign gvt was Honduras 2009 [and I'm being rly charitable here  ::)]

In any case, meddling, both from gvts and individuals, is a given, esp. when things happen electronically. No one should be surprised. ofc action should be taken against the perpetators, but some healthy level of self criticism is not a bad idea either.

It's as if Russia had more to do with Trump's victory than the Democrats.

edit: language

« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2018, 11:42:28 AM »

Online heyvik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 45
Thought I'd write this here - I wouldn't be surprised if Trump says something in his meeting with Putin that will delegitimized the Mueller probe.

Putin might 'tell' Trump 'something' that will cause Trump or the Freedom caucus to rush to either fire Rosenstein or Mueller.

« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2018, 12:15:48 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 2036
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I just watched most of the joint Trump-Putin presser, and I've veered away from language like this for the last couple years, but the President is a traitor to America. Point-blank, full-stop.

Responding to an attack on America by praising the attacker, denying the attack occurred, smearing American intelligence and law enforcement with risible conspiracy theories debunkable in moments by people with far less access to relevant info than him. His positions are indistinguishable from Russian disinformation and propaganda.

Legally treason is almost impossible to convict on, but after that shameful display I know of no other word to describe this man than traitor. Never said that about any politician before. Here we are.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:51:56 PM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2018, 12:39:32 PM »

Offline blink

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 384
I just watched most of the joint Trump-Putin presser, and I've veered away from language like this for the last couple years, but the President is a traitor to America. Point-blank, full-stop.

Responding to an attack on America by praising the attacker, denying the attack occurred, smearing American intelligence and law enforcement with risible conspiracy theories debunkable in moments by people with far less access to relevant info than him. His positions are indistinguishable from Russian disinformation and propaganda. Legally treason is almost impossible to convict on, but after that shameful display I know of no other word to describe this man than traitor. Never said that about any politician before. Here we are.

I agree 100%.  I find it mind-boggling that a US President, supposedly a Republican US President, could throw the US government and people under the bus like he did at the meeting with Putin.  Trump refused to call out Putin for the election interference, blamed the US Russia relationship on Mueller's probe. 

Mike Pompeo after the press conf refused to answer any questions about this farce.  Really, as a Sec of State you refuse to comment?  Darrell Issa (R) from California just gave an embarrassing interview where he refused to say anything bad about Trump's lack of backbone.  The Republican Party's response to this press conference will say a lot.  I hope people remember this day when they vote.

Q Did you want Trump to win?  Putin Answer:  Yes I did.  Trump appears to be completely in Putin's pocket.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:58:15 PM by blink »

« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2018, 12:49:24 PM »

Online Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 23
John Brennan's take

https://news.grabien.com/story-john-brennan-trumps-press-conference-impeachable-offense-tre

even when the press gave him an opportunity to hold Russia accountable for anything, he chose to talk about Hillary Clinton, about his election, about servers. He criticized American citizens, Secretary Clinton and others as opposed to really taking advantage of a world stage, with all the world’s eyes upon them, to point out how unacceptable Russia’s behavior and interference in our election and the elections of other democratic countries around the globe is. But he just shirked those responsibilities.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2018, 12:53:47 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 182
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Putin must have Trump in some sort of issue for an American president to fall to his knees like that.

What a disgusting performance by a two bit actor. Believing our biggest adversary over American intelligence.

I do not see how anyone can support this idiot.
“The rim is looking bigger and bigger every game.”

Paul Pierce

« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2018, 01:08:22 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 586
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The dirt Putin has on Trump must be pretty bad, stuff that would bring him down, shame his family and destroy his businesses.

There is no justifiable reason for him to meet with Putin privately, none whatsoever.  Is that still planned?

All elected republicans that do not criticize him at this point are complicit.  I am amazed that they have determined it is in their best interest to continue enabling him.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 01:22:32 PM by Surferdad »

« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2018, 01:09:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 510
This press conference today was probably the defining moment of Trump's presidency. It's an awful moment in US history.

« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2018, 01:14:36 PM »

Offline blink

• Paul Silas
This press conference today was probably the defining moment of Trump's presidency. It's an awful moment in US history.

Completely agree.  Trump just bent over for Putin and all of us as Americans are the ones that lose.

Every Republican, especially those up for re-election this year, should be asked about how they stand on this.  Hope those guys end up on the right side of history on this issue.

« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2018, 01:17:40 PM »

Offline blink

• Paul Silas

« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2018, 01:24:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 5418
Hey, Trump believed Putin. They must not have done anything. Who cares about stupid stuff like proof that the US has. Trump abilities to read people and determine their guilt is much better.

Maybe we should change American laws for murder suspects. No trials. No showing proof. Just have the sudpect deny the allegations in front of Trump and he will determine the truth and verdict by himself. Think of the money the country would save by doing this. Of course, this probably means if you're white and Republican you're innocent and anything else you're guilty but I am sure we can figure this out.

Putin said he didn't do it. Must be true. ::) ::) ::)

« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2018, 01:33:02 PM »

Online heyvik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaVWRetR4jg&feature=youtu.be&t=28

how does this video feel right about now?

Great find! Looking back now it all seems like its true. I wonder what the Republicans on here think.

« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2018, 01:39:07 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 330
I just don't know where we go from here.  Anyone still defending Trump will probably never change their mind.  If not this, what could do it.

I am starting to think that Trump actually believes Putin.  He admires him and believes him.  Everyone around Trump knows the truth but they just never told Donald.  All he hears from his inner circle, Fox News, and Putin is no one meddled.  It is all lies.  And he believes it.

He might actually not be in on it.  Of course that does not forgive his obstruction of justice and dereliction of duty by not believe his own intelligence group.

« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2018, 01:44:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 5418
I just don't know where we go from here.  Anyone still defending Trump will probably never change their mind.  If not this, what could do it.

I am starting to think that Trump actually believes Putin.  He admires him and believes him.  Everyone around Trump knows the truth but they just never told Donald.  All he hears from his inner circle, Fox News, and Putin is no one meddled.  It is all lies.  And he believes it.

He might actually not be in on it.  Of course that does not forgive his obstruction of justice and dereliction of duty by not believe his own intelligence group.
Pretty much nowhere. Trump has to be impeached before charges of obstruction or worse can be charged against him. Republican congresspeople in his base will never vote to impeach him. Most other Republicans won't vote to impeach as then they will lose their power as the country would revolt on the Republicans and vote them out of power.

So pretty much status quo.

« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2018, 01:45:00 PM »

Offline blink

• Paul Silas
So has Trump finally done something no one thought possible, get CNN and FoxNews to agree?

https://twitter.com/politvidchannel/status/1018907374738817027