Author Topic: Hawks trade for Jeremy Lin  (Read 3853 times)

Hawks trade for Jeremy Lin
« on: July 13, 2018, 01:42:14 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Re: Hawks trade for Jeremy Lin
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 04:01:17 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
BKN gave the Hawks the right to swap picks in 2023....

Unbelievable
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 04:29:51 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Unbelievable

I thought Woj meant 2023 2nds by these tweets:

Nets and Hawks will also exchange future second-round picks in the deal, league sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1017624356107608064

In the Jeremy Lin deal, Atlanta sends the Nets the rights to 2016 second-round pick Isaia Cordinier (you'll probably never see him). Atlanta gets a 2025 second-round pick and the right to swap picks with Nets in 2023.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1017632595478114304

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 06:07:59 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
When will BRK learn?
#JKJB

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 07:15:07 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
It's a good set of trades for Brooklyn. They take on a net $8.5m in salary but gain a first and a 2nd. Best they could've done with the cap space and they maintain their flex next summer.

Sean Marks already proving to be one of the better GMs in the league

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 07:42:18 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Unbelievable

I thought Woj meant 2023 2nds by these tweets:

Nets and Hawks will also exchange future second-round picks in the deal, league sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1017624356107608064

In the Jeremy Lin deal, Atlanta sends the Nets the rights to 2016 second-round pick Isaia Cordinier (you'll probably never see him). Atlanta gets a 2025 second-round pick and the right to swap picks with Nets in 2023.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1017632595478114304

I'm almost certain he did, one year of Jeremy Lin's contract isn't worth an unprotected pick swap
I'm bitter.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 07:56:26 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Interesting.

I wonder what this means for Schroeder. I would think he is out the door now with Lin and Young on the roster.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 08:06:52 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Interesting.

I wonder what this means for Schroeder. I would think he is out the door now with Lin and Young on the roster.
supposedly when he was in Europe he mentioned being open to a trade to Milwaukee or Indiana, which seem like fairly random teams to mention without there have at least being discussions.  But yeah he is almost certainly going to be traded and that was before Lin was acquired.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 09:14:21 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
It's a good set of trades for Brooklyn. They take on a net $8.5m in salary but gain a first and a 2nd. Best they could've done with the cap space and they maintain their flex next summer.

Sean Marks already proving to be one of the better GMs in the league

Agreed. Nets are gaining picks and flexibility. it will be a long road back, but Marks is making prudent moves.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 09:14:57 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Interesting.

Yeah, I've heard that he is out the door, but I don't know why. I haven't watched/followed Atlanta enough to know much about him.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 09:33:30 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Interesting.

Yeah, I've heard that he is out the door, but I don't know why. I haven't watched/followed Atlanta enough to know much about him.

At the end of the season he was frustrated. He wants to win but Atlanta is starting a rebuild. Which he's kinda on the older side to be a part of that if they are going through the draft. Once the young guys are ready to compete he'll be getting close to 30. So he said he wanted out if the Hawks were going in that direction and not trying to get better in FA.

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Interesting.

His USG rate was 30.4%. Only 6 players ahead of him that had higher and played 2,000+ minutes: James Harden, Russell Westbrook, LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Damian Lillard and Kevin Durant.

Schroder’s effective field-was below average last season (49.3) and even worse this year (46.9). That decline can’t be explained by a drastic increase in volume for Schroder—he took 19.9 shots per 36 minutes this season compared to 17.6 in 2016-17.

The main issue with Schroder’s inefficiency was that he attempted 3-pointers on about 23 percent of his overall shots and made just 29 percent of them. Among the 79 players who played at least 2,000 minutes and had a 3-point attempt rate equal to or higher than Schroder’s, his 3-point percentage ranks last.

He gets blocked frequently, and is a terrible defender. His assist to turnover ratio puts him in the 43rd percentile, and he's horribly unable to finish through contact.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 09:50:30 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Schroeder has to be gone. I could see Milwaukee as a good spot for him. Orlando needs a point but I doubt he accepts going to another non playoff team.

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 10:17:56 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Schroeder has to be gone. I could see Milwaukee as a good spot for him. Orlando needs a point but I doubt he accepts going to another non playoff team.

I actually like Schroder, but he is signed for 3 more years and isn’t exactly the type of player who can choose his next team. He will go where he is traded to...and whatever situation that is should be better than the Hawks.

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 10:30:00 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Milwaukee should focus on flanking Giannis with shooters before he flies the coop.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC