Author Topic: IT signs with Denver for veteran’s minimum  (Read 7051 times)

IT signs with Denver for veteran’s minimum
« on: July 12, 2018, 11:51:23 PM »

Online rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Free agent guard Isaiah Thomas has agreed to a one-year deal with the Denver Nuggets, league sources tell ESPN. Thomas will reunite with Michael Malone, who coached him with the Kings.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1017615703602487296?s=21

Veteran's minimum deal for Thomas, sources tell ESPN

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1017616033702559746?s=21

Re: IT signs with Denver for veteran’s minimum
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 11:57:11 PM »

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
I always felt like IT needs to play with stretch bigs to be effective, open up the paint. One of the reasons he fit so well in Boston was having kelly and AL to spread the floor

Could be a really nice fit for Denver with Jokic and Milsap with their passing and shooting

Will be interesting to see how much game time he gets behind  Harris and Murray

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 12:02:25 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
He’s going to end up playing for the minimum or close to it the rest of his career. His defensive issues and health are 2 big questions marks that won’t escape anyone’s head

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 12:06:08 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
He’s going to end up playing for the minimum or close to it the rest of his career. His defensive issues and health are 2 big questions marks that won’t escape anyone’s head

Hogwash.

If he puts up 23+ ppg again teams will quickly forget.

I know it’s the “in” thing on CB right now, to bash IT.... but do you know how many bad players get PAID in this league? He’s an All-NBA talent and even if he doesn’t get back to his peak, he can get a big enough contract. Proven scorer, proven playoff performer.

It’s sad that he settled for a vet min contract, but I assume he took a step back to find the right situation to get the big one.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 12:07:03 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
IT still helping Boston out by bolstering another Western Conference team and potentially stifling the Lakers in the standings.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 12:08:07 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
IT still helping Boston out by bolstering another Western Conference team and potentially stifling the Lakers in the standings.
the lakers are the least of our worries in the West .

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 12:10:23 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
its rough out there..Vet Minimum. I could have taken my butt to china LOL..but all jokes aside i am rooting for this guy. He carried our Team not too long ago.  helped recruit players..dude will always have a special place in my heart. I have a friend who hates Danny because of that kryie trade he understands it from a basketball move but he says it was more about how many he loved IT.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 12:14:48 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
its rough out there..Vet Minimum. I could have taken my butt to china LOL..but all jokes aside i am rooting for this guy. He carried our Team not too long ago.  helped recruit players..dude will always have a special place in my heart. I have a friend who hates Danny because of that kryie trade he understands it from a basketball move but he says it was more about how many he loved IT.
if ainge made every emotional move instead of making the tough cold blooded trades, we wouldn’t have brown Tatum or kyrie because we would have kept Pierce and kg until retirement, all the while signing rondo and IT to undeserving bad long term max contracts. Emotional moves are for bad GMs

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 12:15:21 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
In all honesty Denver is a much better spot for him to sign with than here - two strong stretch bigs in Millsap and Jokic, both of which who can pass from everywhere, and none of the potential locker-room headaches that could have arisen had he signed here.

Obviously he'll struggle for minutes, as 3 of the top 5 guys in Denver's rotation last year were guards (Harris, Barton and Murray), but without Wilson Chandler eating up 30mpg there should be times when they can fit IT on the court next to Murray and Barton, who are both big guards.

Hope he can succeed there
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 12:16:59 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
- Insert cheesy “brinks truck” joke -

Tough to feel bad for multi millionaire, it takes me 20 years to make $2M, but this is a pretty raw deal when you look around the league and consider what IT has proven. Obviously factors like injury weigh in, but just, “wow”, tough luck.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 12:18:33 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
It’s funny cuz Michael porter jr has a bad hip just like IT

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 12:18:42 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
if ainge made every emotional move instead of making the tough cold blooded trades, we wouldn’t have brown Tatum or kyrie because we would have kept Pierce and kg until retirement. Emotional moves are for bad GMs

thats why it will be hard for me to be a GM.

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 12:32:30 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Free agent guard Isaiah Thomas has agreed to a one-year deal with the Denver Nuggets, league sources tell ESPN. Thomas will reunite with Michael Malone, who coached him with the Kings.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1017615703602487296?s=21

Veteran's minimum deal for Thomas, sources tell ESPN

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1017616033702559746?s=21

I think Denver could be sneaky good this season. I think Malone did pretty well in Sacto, by all accounts, and in a more stable situation could really make some noise with that team.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 01:00:59 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
I am rooting for this guy. He carried our Team not too long ago.  helped recruit players..dude will always have a special place in my heart. I have a friend who hates Danny because of that kryie trade - he understands it from a basketball move but says it was more about how he loved IT.

Gotta agree.

I HATE what happened with Thomas in Boston - his heart and soul were committed to the Boston Celtics. And, lawdy, could that guy play before his injury. As far as the type of person they are, I'll take Thomas over Irving all day long. I hope he regains his health and his form and eventually gets a nice contract - maybe not a "Brinks Truck" type of deal, but certainly in the $12 - $15 M per range.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 01:13:10 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Denver sure has a history on signing short-height players. Earl Boykins...now Isaiah Thomas?!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)