Author Topic: Jabari Parker to CHI  (Read 4054 times)

Re: Jabari Parker to CHI
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 02:14:30 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Since the Bulls are one of my bubble teams to compete with the Kings for the bottom, I like this move.

Mike

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 02:16:38 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
That essentially just leaves Sacramento as the only place with enough cap space left to potentially offer Smart a sizable contract that we would be doubtful to match, right?

Looks like it’s almost a guarantee that Smart plays for the QO this year at this point.

Anyways, like this move for Chicago. When healthy Parker is a legitimate offensive option who can easily eclipse 20 ppg. The question is if he’ll be able to stay healthy in that knee.

Don’t the Hawks have cap space too?
Only 10M or so after the trade for Jeremy Lyn.

Thanks, TP

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 02:37:58 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Means nothing for Smart. The Bulls paid him a huge sum in the first year to give themselves a TO after year 1.

Agreed!

Deal with just one guaranteed year was possible only after the Bucks rescinded his qualifying offer (I think??).

The second-year of Parker deal is a team option, which lowers risk for Bulls because of Parker's two ACL surgeries and gives Bartelstein and Parker a chance to negotiate a long-term deal with Bulls should he stay healthy and productive next season.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1018170533299404800

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2018, 02:39:01 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent forward Jabari Parker has agreed to a two-year, $40M deal with the Chicago Bulls, league sources tell ESPN. Milwaukee rescinded Parker’s qualifying offer moments ago, making him unrestricted. – via Twitter wojespn

They are betting BIG on potential. With Lavine and Parker, do they have any money left?
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 02:45:03 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent forward Jabari Parker has agreed to a two-year, $40M deal with the Chicago Bulls, league sources tell ESPN. Milwaukee rescinded Parker’s qualifying offer moments ago, making him unrestricted. – via Twitter wojespn

They are betting BIG on potential. With Lavine and Parker, do they have any money left?

I kind of like the risk though as they didn’t have a better alternative.  They can easily get out of Parker’s contract after 1 year,  and I don’t think Lavine will be a sunk cost.  He’ll probably be similar to Kevin Martin.

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 02:51:15 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Bulls housekeeping items: With the Jabari Parker signing into cap room, they’ll lose their three trade exceptions ($9.0M, $2.6M and $1.4M), MLE ($8.6M) and BAE ($3.4M), and replace them with access to the R-MLE ($4.4M).

https://twitter.com/AlbertNahmad/status/1018180484801720321

At two years, $40M for Jabari Parker, the Bulls would need to waive Paul Zipser and Julyan Stone and renounce Noah Vonleh and David Nwaba. They’d be left with ~$1M of cap room and the R-MLE ($4.4M).

https://twitter.com/AlbertNahmad/status/1018175956836634624

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2018, 03:18:12 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
These signings brought to you by the rookie contracts of Markkanen, Dunn, Portis and Carter, Jr.

Helps to have 4 guys in your rotation that make $16M combined.

LaVine and Parker are meh value, but in the day of $30M-$40M max deals they can afford it and now they have 3 legitimate 20 pt threats in the lineup.

They ain't contenders, but entertaining playoff team with a puncher's chance could happen.

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2018, 03:22:09 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I love this. Hopefully he can stay healthy and we see the real deal with Parker.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2018, 03:44:44 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen

Bulls housekeeping items: With the Jabari Parker signing into cap room, they’ll lose their three trade exceptions ($9.0M, $2.6M and $1.4M), MLE ($8.6M) and BAE ($3.4M), and replace them with access to the R-MLE ($4.4M).

https://twitter.com/AlbertNahmad/status/1018180484801720321

At two years, $40M for Jabari Parker, the Bulls would need to waive Paul Zipser and Julyan Stone and renounce Noah Vonleh and David Nwaba. They’d be left with ~$1M of cap room and the R-MLE ($4.4M).

https://twitter.com/AlbertNahmad/status/1018175956836634624

Vonleh still kicking around.  I liked him during the draft, and thought he would be better.

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2018, 03:45:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

how is a 2 year deal a big bet for a team that is near the bottom of the entire league ?

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2018, 04:08:44 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Because not only did they sign him for 20million.   I think that’s a big gamble based on the I njury bug.   But they gave up a lot of trade exceptions and the MLE.    So to me it’s a big investment.   Risk, not so much considering it’s a one deal prove it deal.    Nice little team options makes it a win win for both teams. 

Diggles

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2018, 04:16:44 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Jabari is a smart gamble
Lavine, to me, is like an unproven overpaid high flying gerald green clone with a much better reputation
Markkanen is interesting

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2018, 04:20:06 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Because not only did they sign him for 20million.   I think that’s a big gamble based on the I njury bug.   But they gave up a lot of trade exceptions and the MLE.    So to me it’s a big investment.   Risk, not so much considering it’s a one deal prove it deal.    Nice little team options makes it a win win for both teams.

The short term aspect of this makes it a really good investment for the Bulls, who have hardly overextended themselves. Bucks should have matched.
The only color that matters is GREEN