Author Topic: New York 2019 FA signings?  (Read 1534 times)

New York 2019 FA signings?
« on: July 12, 2018, 08:21:08 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Is it possible that New York could sign:
Kevin Durant
Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving
Next summer?? I know Durant could opt out..but i dont know if New York could get all 3..i dont know their cap and how it works so anyone out there who knows, let us know..thanks
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: New York 2019 FA signings?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 08:27:19 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Kevin Durant
Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving
Next summer?? I know Durant could opt out..but i dont know if New York could get all 3..i dont know their cap and how it works so anyone out there who knows, let us know..thanks

Why would Durant opt out to go to the Knicks?

The other two, however, scare me.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 08:32:21 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Think Kyrie stays put. Too good of situation in Boston

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 12:21:57 PM »

Offline BackDoorCut

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Kevin Durant
Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving

Anyone who wants to sign Kyrie and Jimmy outright needs 65M in cap space. The knicks already have 63M committed in salary for next year. Excluding the impending Porzingis extension and their cap hold for a high first round pick which is going to be in the ball park of 3-6 million (off the top of my head)

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 12:53:15 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I don't think the cap space would allow for KP, JB, KI, and KD, but they might be able to add JB and KI to KP, which is still formidable.  KI could also cause an issue with Frank Ntilikina who didn't have a bad rookie year and he was taken 8th overall.

Maybe, since JB and KI want to play together, we can trade KI for KAT?   8)
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 12:56:36 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Kevin Durant
Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving

Anyone who wants to sign Kyrie and Jimmy outright needs 65M in cap space. The knicks already have 63M committed in salary for next year. Excluding the impending Porzingis extension and their cap hold for a high first round pick which is going to be in the ball park of 3-6 million (off the top of my head)
They will be close enough in salary that they could dump someone and create the room.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 12:57:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Knicks have the worst ownership in the NBA. Unless Jimmy Dolan sells, which he won’t, no star in his right mind will want to go there.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 12:59:42 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
I don't think the cap space would allow for KP, JB, KI, and KD, but they might be able to add JB and KI to KP, which is still formidable.  KI could also cause an issue with Frank Ntilikina who didn't have a bad rookie year and he was taken 8th overall.

Maybe, since JB and KI want to play together, we can trade KI for KAT?   8)

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97142.0

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 01:00:59 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
maybe knicks would trade for Butler and assume KI would leave C’s to join him, that would be bad IF they could pull it off

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 05:58:35 PM »

Offline BackDoorCut

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Kevin Durant
Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving

They will be close enough in salary that they could dump someone and create the room.

I disagree. They need to sign Porzingis to a 20M+ salary. The aforementioned figure does not include it. Plus there are team/player options that've yet to be exercised/declined. They're not going to reject a TO on ntilikana for 4.8(then again this is the dolan knicks). They have a QO they'll need to offer to Mudiay, could see them turning that one down then he's unrestricted with no cap hold. There will be a 4-6 million dollar cap hold on their first next year. It's not undoable. But you're deconstructing everything. I don't think they pull it off. No one is interested in Tim Hardaway Jr at 18M no one is even picking up the phone if you want to talk about Noah.