Author Topic: Celtics have some interest in Kyle Korver, Cavs unlikely to move him  (Read 3753 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://247sports.com/nba/boston-celtics/Article/Report-Boston-Celtics-targeting-Kyle-Korver-through-trade-119705453/
http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-cleveland-cavaliers-kevin-love-george-hill-koby-altman-lebron-james/

"Korver is drawing at least some interest, apparently from the Toronto Raptors, Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers. All are Eastern Conference contenders, and Korver would be a major boost off the bench for a team looking to reach the Finals."

"But all of those teams are hesitant to surrender a first-round pick for Korver. So the Cavs are likely to hold on to him. Again, those teams could change their minds in February."

Re: Celtics have some interest in Kyle Korver, Cavs unlikely to move him
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 11:41:23 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
A first-round pick is kinda steep, IMO, unless maybe it's within the last 3 or 4 picks of the first round.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 11:51:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Dream on Cleveland.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 12:02:39 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Morris for Korver, who says no?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 12:25:49 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
It actually works straight up but we’d be taking on an additional 2.2 million so that part sucks.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 01:03:08 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Danny.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 01:27:11 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Danny.

We have defensive wings that could replace Morris' production. Korver gives the Celtics a sharpshooter with an extra year on his deal. Morris is an expiring (that is going to walk), who has already made statements questioning where he fits in here now.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 04:57:05 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

If we lose Smart, I'd sign Bird and consider this deal. 

Those 2 moves add depth to replace Smart at SG, though Korver isn't a good switch defender.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 05:01:22 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Danny.

We have defensive wings that could replace Morris' production. Korver gives the Celtics a sharpshooter with an extra year on his deal. Morris is an expiring (that is going to walk), who has already made statements questioning where he fits in here now.
If we made that trade and Smart takes the QO then I believe we are right on the luxury tax, maybe over. Not sure I see us risking that for a marginal upgrade

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 05:28:15 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Danny.

If we made that trade and Smart takes the QO then I believe we are right on the luxury tax, maybe over. Not sure I see us risking that for a marginal upgrade

QO not happening. We are tax payers, time to accept it.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 05:58:08 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Danny.

Too early to tell.

Even if we match Smart, we could potentially salary dump Morris if we really wanted to (attach an asset or two) if we decide getting under is worth it.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 06:50:25 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Danny.

Too early to tell.

Even if we match Smart, we could potentially salary dump Morris if we really wanted to (attach an asset or two) if we decide getting under is worth it.
No, it's not.  Danny stated yesterday that the Celtics will pay the tax this year, that "we are planning to be a taxpayer".  Go to 3:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M9nVWXg3e4&t=287s

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 06:51:26 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
Danny.

I'd rather not. Just accepting it is a rather short sighted move, the type a Memphis or Washington level front office would do.

If Smart is resigned long term, Morris or Yab are gone, whichever brings us back under the tax.

If we're a tax team this year then someone like Al doesn't get resigned at the end of his contract, would you accept that?

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 06:56:31 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Danny.

I'd rather not. Just accepting it is a rather short sighted move, the type a Memphis or Washington level front office would do.

If Smart is resigned long term, Morris or Yab are gone, whichever brings us back under the tax.

If we're a tax team this year then someone like Al doesn't get resigned at the end of his contract, would you accept that?
FACT: Celtics are paying the tax this year.  Read my post just above yours.

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 09:20:34 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
Danny.

FACT: Celtics are paying the tax this year.  Read my post just above yours.
Because of course he's gonna say "we absolutely have to stay under the tax"... Have you ever been part of negotiations? Of course you want people to believe you will pay the tax, you lose all leverage if you won't. And I really hope they have planned for paying the tax as well, because that's due diligence!!

But if we're going on what is said in public then I guess Mexico will actually pay for the wall and Britain will have its cake and eat it too with Brexit. Why? Because they said it in an interview durrr

Edit: if we were a willing taxpayer then Smart would be signed already. That's the biggest giveaway