Author Topic: Potential cheap Monroe replacement?  (Read 6239 times)

Re: Potential cheap Monroe replacement?
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2018, 11:15:53 AM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
What do you guys think about the Celtics taking a chance on Jahlil Okafor as a potential cheap, younger Monroe replacement/upgrade?

He's still very young and has potential as a scorer, despite his weaknesses on defense. We could also use another big man on the roster that complements the defense and athleticism of Robert Williams.
Love see what Okafor would do with CBS coaching.
Yeah because Stevens did so much with James Young, Jordan Mickey, Abdel Nader, and Jared Sullinger. It can be argued that he really didn't make Marcus Smart and Kelly Olynyk any better than they were before they entered the league.

Stevens is a great coach and has done a great job developing some players. He also did very little to nothing for a bunch of players.

Because of this I think usually Stevens will develop good players and not develop bad players,

I think Okafor is a bad player. Don't see Stevens being able to do anything with him.

All I want to do is" Make Okafor Great Again". #MOGA. wink wink

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2018, 11:23:18 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
If we are really pursuing another big body on the bench what about Emeka Okafor? Solid vet, decent enough footwork to switch on defense. Did alright for the pels at the back end of last season. Why not hit him up?

He’s still under contract with New Orleans is probably the best reason.

Thanks.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2018, 06:33:19 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Robin Lopez might be getting free?  Interested?