Author Topic: Durant arguing with high schoolers on Instagram  (Read 5640 times)

Re: Durant arguing with high schoolers on Instagram
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 02:30:55 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
All very different players. Each of them unique in their own way and personality.

Hard to say that Durant doesn't lead, as he made all the big plays and took all the big shots the past two years. Literally-unguardable.

Let's just celebrate all of their greatness.
No need to hate!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 02:39:55 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
It's hard to say how Kareem, MJ, etc would react to twitter. We have no way to know how they would react to online criticism.

Criticizing KD for his leadership is ridiculous. Watch him play basketball. He leads by example.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 02:43:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This is very on-brand for KD - petty and online. As a fellow petty online person I respect it so much.

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2018, 02:48:53 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
It's hard to say how Kareem, MJ, etc would react to twitter. We have no way to know how they would react to online criticism.

Criticizing KD for his leadership is ridiculous. Watch him play basketball. He leads by example.
off the court leadership matters just as much as on court leadership. Durant is turning 30 soon, and he’s arguing with a child online likely because no one respects the rings he bought .

KD thought everyone would respect him after winning rings and it didn’t happen

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 02:49:38 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Durant has shown before how insecure he is but I think Bucketcenter's take here is pure garbage. 2 wrongs....no one right.

What did the kid get wrong?

Everything except Durant being insecure.

Durant has led his team to the last two championships. Best player on the best team. He really shouldn't be listening to these chumps hating on him.

Yawn.

He was the second best player in the world and joined the best team. Only fanboys are impressed with his two rings and MVP’s.

Just because he’s the best player on the team doesn’t mean he didn’t hitch onto them. Guy couldn’t hold a 3-1 lead against them, so he ran to them. Only Finals appearance, couldn’t handle LeBron.

And he’s an even bigger loser for continually responding on social media (and often referencing his race as if people are attacking him because he is black).
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 02:56:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Durant has shown before how insecure he is but I think Bucketcenter's take here is pure garbage. 2 wrongs....no one right.

Everything except Durant being insecure.

Durant has led his team to the last two championships. Best player on the best team. He really shouldn't be listening to these chumps hating on him.

Yawn.

He was the second best player in the world and joined the best team. Only fanboys are impressed with his two rings and MVP’s.

Just because he’s the best player on the team doesn’t mean he didn’t hitch onto them. Guy couldn’t hold a 3-1 lead against them, so he ran to them. Only Finals appearance, couldn’t handle LeBron.

And he’s an even bigger loser for continually responding on social media (and often referencing his race as if people are attacking him because he is black).
durant responds because he thought winning those cheap rings would quiet everyone up and revere him. Instead it made everyone louder. The guy is delusional

Tp cuz I agree with everything you said

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2018, 03:03:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Lol, this guy should really deactivate his social media. Imagine if Kobe, TD or LeBron had gone around commenting and messaging garbage like this.

However, I disagree with the Instagram post itself, specifically about Kawhi and AD
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 03:17:07 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Durant - basketball giant, mental midget
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2018, 03:20:23 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Look as funny as I find this, I don't think any poster with more than a few stars here should throw stones.  :laugh:

Consider all the shenanigans that have gone on during the great tommy point wars and all the various "drafts".

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 06:15:16 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

KD is a 2 time Finals MVP. Kawhi is a Finals MVP. Both led their teams through the playoffs to become champions.

AD is 24. Lebron led his team to its his first title at 27. Steph first led GSW to a title at 26. Lebron left his first team in the league to join his superfriends to get his first title. Steph has had an incredible front office on the Warriors that built a team around him. Davis is still on his first team and has been a part of one of the worst front offices in the league. Gotta give AD more time before declaring him unable to lead a team to a title.
iguodala was a finals mvp in 2015. You think he led that team? Hilarious. Kawhi had terrible games and Tim Duncan was the leader,  Finals mvp is meaningless
Well actually, Steph was comparatively bad during his earlier playoffs runs, so yeah, that's evidence that he did not lead his team to a title.  Iguadala winning the MVP says more about curry than anything else.  He did not get if done that first year or the second year.

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2018, 06:22:01 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I mean... Durant isn't wrong.. And these players have a lot of free time, is it wrong to put a kid is their place?

As for whether other great players would have done it, there was no social media back then, I can only imagine the trouble some of those guys would've got themselves in. It takes more discipline now to be a star than it did then. So much extra crap that they have to deal with.

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 06:29:54 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yeah, Durant is a sensitive fellow.   That's obvious. But I don't really care.

What I do care is that Durant has proven himself a champion and worthy of getting the lions share of the credit. I guess you can disagree if you want, but that just makes you wrong. I'm never wrong, you all should learn that!  :P

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 07:08:15 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Imagine how much more fun the 80’s would have been with Bird and Dr. J on social! Rodman would have been a blast for sure!

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 07:40:17 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I mean... Durant isn't wrong.. And these players have a lot of free time, is it wrong to put a kid is their place?

As for whether other great players would have done it, there was no social media back then, I can only imagine the trouble some of those guys would've got themselves in. It takes more discipline now to be a star than it did then. So much extra crap that they have to deal with.
its not wrong for Durant, a 30 year old role model to children, to be calling a child a poor mans Stephen a smith? How is that leadership professional or remotely mature? Even if Durant was 18 it wouldn’t be excusable. At his current age it’s pathetic

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
I'm embarrassed I wanted him on our team so badly 2 years ago. He is obnoxious, even more than LeBron.