Author Topic: IT: “tell Boston I’ll come back for a year lol”  (Read 12857 times)

Re: IT: “tell Boston I’ll come back for a year lol”
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2018, 05:44:09 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The Instagram post would much better if Sherrod took a photo with someone that looked like IT and just happened to get it wrong again.  He's deviating from his shtick.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2018, 06:03:10 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Sign Korver.....Let him take those Wide Open Playoff 3's. that would be missed by Ojeleye.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2018, 06:05:43 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Can we just stop talking about this twit?

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2018, 06:08:20 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
From King of the 4th to Sub of the 2nd?

Nah. I'd rather have Rozier as 3rd guard.

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2018, 06:28:51 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Not sure if he fits, but I’d like to see the Celtics do something, anything, to improve this summer.  Feel like staying absolutely the same is overrating the team a bit.   For instance, ITs scoring off the bench would be a huge upgrade. 

Like sign Thomas,  then swap Rozier and Morris plus whatever to upgrade Morris?  Not sure for who. But something like that.

like the old saying goes IF U AINT GETTING BETTER YOU ARE GETTING WORSE
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2018, 07:02:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I luv IT ....but not sure he fits the team like he once did . We got other alpha scoring now .....Irving , Hayward, Tatum and Brown .  Plus ....Rozier is probably the better fit , if we can keep him.

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2018, 07:09:28 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
If we trade Rozier or lose Marcus...maybe
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2018, 07:12:07 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
it's amazing the C's still were a good defensive team despite hiding the worst defender in the NBA

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2018, 07:22:02 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
IT brings very little other than a 1 on 1 game off the bench. He's a progress stopper, and he's one of the worst defenders in the league, and that's being generous.

When you look at what we have and what Ainge and CBS are trying to build, IT is nothing more than a desperation move. Doesn't fit our team.

And, it's a cliche, but why is he still available? He's unrestricted, and if he had anything near what his proponents in this thread claim, he'd already have a deal.

The Brinks truck isn't backing up for him now, nor any other time.

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2018, 07:50:37 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
Find a way to bring him back if he has anything left in the tank. I think he (and any moving body) is a major upgrade over Nader (the worst 'player' in the NBA), and he will get a chance to play with the inevitable injuries that occur during the course of a season.

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2018, 08:24:09 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I love IT and would love to have him back. He is really getting screwed now. The problem I have is he would expect and need a lot of playing time because he would be playing for another contract. I don't know if there are enough minutes to go around to afford him the time he needs to reestablish his offensive game to the point where teams desire to sign him next year. That being said the whole idea of bringing him back could backfire in the locker room and even more so for him.

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2018, 08:26:00 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Good lord, no.

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2018, 08:44:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I can understand people thinking he may not be the best fit with Kyrie starting and Rozier as the back-up, but some of the reactions in this thread are just disrespectful.

Just because he thought he deserved a big contract when he was averaging 29ppg and was All-NBA, doesn't mean he was greedy or had a bad attitude. I highly doubt he thinks he would come in here and expect to be the main option on the #2 ranked team in the NBA next season. He knows that while playing for the Cs and Stevens he was able to succeed; I am sure he just wants another chance to show the rest of the NBA he isn't washed up while playing in an environment in which he is comfortable.

If we lose Smart or trade Rozier, bringing back IT is a no-brainer for me.

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2018, 08:50:48 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I can understand people thinking he may not be the best fit with Kyrie starting and Rozier as the back-up, but some of the reactions in this thread are just disrespectful.

Just because he thought he deserved a big contract when he was averaging 29ppg and was All-NBA, doesn't mean he was greedy or had a bad attitude. I highly doubt he thinks he would come in here and expect to be the main option on the #2 ranked team in the NBA next season. He knows that while playing for the Cs and Stevens he was able to succeed; I am sure he just wants another chance to show the rest of the NBA he isn't washed up while playing in an environment in which he is comfortable.

If we lose Smart or trade Rozier, bringing back IT is a no-brainer for me.

Well said, and a TP.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2018, 09:32:32 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
And, it's a cliche, but why is he still available? He's unrestricted, and if he had anything near what his proponents in this thread claim, he'd already have a deal.

Because the Celtics' former medical staff misdiagnosed a hip injury and IT derailed his own career trying to gut through it while getting the team to the Conference Finals for the first time since kicking off their rebuild.

More generally, some of the things that get said about IT around the general Celtics internet because certain people got their underwear in a bunch over a guy who was garnering MVP votes wanting to be paid like an all-star in the midst of the spendiest period in league history are absurd.  Thomas pulled the franchise out of the shadow of the KG/Pierce years and then got dumped after shooting himself physically putting the team first. For some reason people treat him like some Celtics villain.