Author Topic: Tatum & Ojeleye with shooting coach Hanlen (video)  (Read 2854 times)

Re: Tatum & Ojeleye with shooting coach Hanlen (video)
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 06:10:23 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Embiid is an extraordinary player. Don't know if a man with his moves and size can hold up in injury land, but, he is someone they can build the franchise around.

Tatum used Embiid's aggression well in 1:1's, but, Embiid isn't "just a big."

Didn't get a sense on Bamba...see how he develops.

Semi is Semi, he will have to make himself into a better offensive player.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 06:17:19 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Anyone else notice they would not show any video of Fultzs shooting form? Only finger tips etc. With all the discussion about his terrible form situation I guess that makes sense. Wendy other player however showed full video.

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 06:39:10 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Anyone else notice they would not show any video of Fultzs shooting form? Only finger tips etc. With all the discussion about his terrible form situation I guess that makes sense. Wendy other player however showed full video.

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 06:41:55 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Yep. I have thought that this entire offseason when Drew/his team puts up vids on IG. They show him dunking a lot but never shooting. Also, I thought he had a huge meal before they did the skills workout, he had a potbelly.

I hope DH can help Fultz, he hasn't done anything to make me wish him bad. He's so talented but man was it ugly to see last season.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 06:42:22 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Tatum looking like he definitely put in some work on his body and he still has a few months to do more.

In the 1 on 1's, I think Tatum looked the best.  Embiid just forced himself to the basket which won't work against teams where there are help defenders.  Tatum was actually making moves to get good shots off on the two big men.
tp and agreed
Yeah, that's not what I saw.  Both looked the part to me and of course Embiid will use his advantages.  I'm pretty sure his stats suggest that it will work for him.

I might not have worded it as well as I should have...

Tatum will often get bigs in a mismatch on the perimeter when he has the ball, and in that video showed he has moves to get shots up against these guys.

Embiid getting a guard / forward on him out on the perimeter and expecting to just bull him over as help defense collapses is not as likely.

Sure in the vacuum of a 1v1, a beast like Embiid will do quite well, but it's a matter of those skills translating to a game.  He won't be getting the ball as much on the perimeter against a forward.  Had he taken Tatum into the post and worked him inside, that is a much more translatable skill.

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 06:54:53 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Embiid is an extraordinary player. Don't know if a man with his moves and size can hold up in injury land, but, he is someone they can build the franchise around.

Embiid always looks fat to me. I mean he has everything else you could ask for just always going to question his conditioning...

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 07:54:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Embiid always looks fat to me. I mean he has everything else you could ask for just always going to question his conditioning...

Man I wish I looked fat like Embiid.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2018, 08:18:50 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Tatum plays bigger than he is and Embiid plays smaller

You just are not going to take NBA guard/wings on drive no matter how agile you are "for a big"
Embiid's moves looks fancy but not practical, Tatum meanwhile is on the other side

Also Fultz still hiding his shots lol, looks out of shape,too

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 09:03:13 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Looks like Tatum is doing exactly what I suggested that he do... go on the Giannis training program. If he continues with this he will be unstoppable going to the basket which will in turn make more deadly his drop back jump shots.

If a basketball player needs to hide his shooting form is it time for a psychologist?

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 10:51:47 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Man I wish I looked fat like Embiid.
Amen.  Don't know how anyone can look at that video and call Embiid fat.