Author Topic: Tatum & Ojeleye with shooting coach Hanlen (video)  (Read 2851 times)

Tatum & Ojeleye with shooting coach Hanlen (video)
« on: July 10, 2018, 03:27:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://youtu.be/jQK7RkZ1ha0

At 1:45 to 2:45 is part where ojeleye is being coached

3:40 to 4:40 is Tatum vs Embiid 1v1

Noticed that Tatum looks a little more muscular. Anyone else agree?

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 03:41:52 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Tatum & Ojeleye with shooting coach Hanlen (video)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 03:32:50 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Thanks, TP

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 03:40:46 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
The Tatum pieces are pretty good, and loving Semi putting in the work

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 03:44:21 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If they could get anything from outside from Semi...the bench would be pretty much unreal

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 03:46:55 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Tatum looking like he definitely put in some work on his body and he still has a few months to do more.

In the 1 on 1's, I think Tatum looked the best.  Embiid just forced himself to the basket which won't work against teams where there are help defenders.  Tatum was actually making moves to get good shots off on the two big men.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 03:47:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Tatum looking like he definitely put in some work on his body and he still has a few months to do more.

In the 1 on 1's, I think Tatum looked the best.  Embiid just forced himself to the basket which won't work against teams where there are help defenders.  Tatum was actually making moves to get good shots off on the two big men.
tp and agreed

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 04:54:49 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Love these Hanlen basketball clinics.

1. Semi is putting in the work.  I am very interested to see how he progresses.
2. Tatum is a cerebral assassin.  Not intimidated at all.
3. I would like to see Fultz do well but he looks soft and his body language looks not to be confident.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

tp and agreed
Yeah, that's not what I saw.  Both looked the part to me and of course Embiid will use his advantages.  I'm pretty sure his stats suggest that it will work for him.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 05:24:39 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Embiid was so ecstatic that he was pushing lightweights, by comparison, around like they weren't there. Great, but that's not Baynes and Horford though!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 05:25:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I was really impressed with Embiid's ability to stay with Tatum. People need to remember that these videos are edited, and Embiid was sticking with Tatum even on the shots that made it to film. That said, Tatum is such a great scorer. His ability to get his shot off against length is remarkable.

Semi...you can see why his shot is so mechanical. Hanlen was even shown correcting his hand placement. When people start messing with your shot too much, not only does your shot start becoming unnatural, but it starts making you think to more about form when your concentration should be on the basket. Again, now I see why Semi looks so stiff and mechanical shooting the ball.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 05:32:12 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 05:31:59 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I would like to see Semi do more in these summer league games. He's still just being a catch and shoot player. With his athletic ability and build why can't he use his strength more by posting up and driving. Just put some more diversity to his game.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 05:33:55 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
I would like to see Semi do more in these summer league games. He's still just being a catch and shoot player. With his athletic ability and build why can't he use his strength more by posting up and driving. Just put some more diversity to his game.

Because he has no ballhandling ability. Even these videos are only catch and shoot or a basic 1 or 2 dribble/pullup. There aren't any ballhandling drills at all.

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Because he has no ballhandling ability. Even these videos are only catch and shoot or a basic 1 or 2 dribble/pullup. There aren't any ballhandling drills at all.

You have no ballhandling ability, Eddie.

The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 05:45:25 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

You have no durability or pain tolerance, Tarheels. Kyrie would've easily played through that arm injury you had.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 05:48:55 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

You have no durability or pain tolerance, Tarheels. Kyrie would've easily played through that arm injury you had.

My name is tarheelsxxiii, buddy.  And I tear phonebooks in half at cocktail parties.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC