Author Topic: How Good is Al Horford? Imagine him as a mentor  (Read 1303 times)

How Good is Al Horford? Imagine him as a mentor
« on: July 09, 2018, 07:10:05 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Is so good that he becomes invisible ..He is woven into almost every play offensively and defensively.His positioning and plays angles seamlessly.
His passing ability is sublime, as the offense runs through the post .
And he shot the three at a .429 percentage.Now that really spreads the floor!!!Tatum and Brown had huge holes and Baynes would wall off.
He can handle the ball and put it on the floor to attack closeouts even bring it up full court.
He is the perfect center for a young talented smart team with his consistent play and ability to make everyone better.
His influence and veteran presence will help bring a banner to Boston.This team is stacked with talent and Al Horford is the perfect player to defer from limelight while really being a star.
Al now has a chance to mentor and help mold Robert into a real basketball player,a center of the future.
Robert is talking of Celtics family and now he has players and coaches around him,the 6 minutes of Summer League really did show his potential-His mid range score and the most impressive was a miss.The 24 second clock forced him to take a baseline floater put up smoothly softly Then there were a couple of closeouts that showed how disruptive his length will be on perimeter.
Summer league is a bonding experience, then back home the work starts three months can produce huge strides He now has a personal coach ,a brand new facility and a chauffeur up to Maine .
Al Horford deserves a shot at title.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:59:19 AM by rollie mass »

Re: How Good is Al Horford? Imagine him as a mentor
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 07:38:57 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
He is a great mentor, no doubt.

I really hope G.S. rolls the Lebron Ball Lakers in 4 and we get to face them in the finals.

A victory over the Warriors would be sweet for all the Celtics and us green folk.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 10:14:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I have no idea how he is as a mentor, as no young big man has ever developed while playing with Horford. 

I do know when the Celtics needed him to step up and providing a calming influence down the stretch in game 7, he didn't provide that (though he did have a nice game overall). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 10:19:11 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I have no idea how he is as a mentor, as no young big man has ever developed while playing with Horford. 

I do know when the Celtics needed him to step up and providing a calming influence down the stretch in game 7, he didn't provide that (though he did have a nice game overall).
I think Tatum learned alot for him about how to play the 4. You don't think so?
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 10:31:15 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

I greatly enjoy this recent narrative that somehow it’s bad that we lost in Game 7 of the ECF with no Hayward or Kyrie.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 10:53:54 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178

Does it have to be a young big man?

I think he can provide positive influence on any younger player  if the player is receptive to him.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 11:02:28 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Does it have to be a young big man?

I think he can provide positive influence on any younger player  if the player is receptive to him.
The thread was about Robert Williams, so that is why I mentioned young big men.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 11:03:13 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I greatly enjoy this recent narrative that somehow it’s bad that we lost in Game 7 of the ECF with no Hayward or Kyrie.
who said it was bad, but game 7 at home in a close game, that is when you expect your veteran leaders to step up, and Horford failed in that regard.