Author Topic: I am really really looking forward to Ashes in the Snow  (Read 1859 times)

I am really really looking forward to Ashes in the Snow
« on: June 30, 2018, 03:23:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Re: I am really really looking forward to Ashes in the Snow
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Honestly, I've always found it strange that this part of history never has been told or acknowledged much.

What the Soviets did to the Lithuanian's, as well as the Ukrainian's and many other ethnic groups, isn't much better than what the Nazi's did to the Jews, Gypsies, and others, if not every bit as horrible.

Gulag's weren't much different than concentration camps.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 04:10:07 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Hollywood doesn't make anti communist films since Killing Fields in the mid 80s.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 04:21:02 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Expecting Hollywood to address any particular part of history—much less do it accurately—is unwise.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 04:29:25 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Expecting Hollywood to address any particular part of history—much less do it accurately—is unwise.
They've done a decent job with certain parts of history. I don't have a huge problem with them inserting a love story or something to spice it up. I just want soooommmeeethhhiinngg regarding huge events.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 05:16:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
They've done a decent job with certain parts of history. I don't have a huge problem with them inserting a love story or something to spice it up. I just want soooommmeeethhhiinngg regarding huge events.
just curious, but which ones are you referring to?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 05:34:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
just curious, but which ones are you referring to?
I respect some civil war films. 10 years a slave. Some Holocaust films. Some WW2 films like Saving Private Ryan.  Maybe Lincoln. I haven't seen Darkest Hour yet. Those are just off the top of my head.
Dances with Wolves....well....I respect that too in a slightly different way.

Princess Kaiulani had some ok things going for it.