Author Topic: prediciting where remaining free agents wil land  (Read 706 times)

prediciting where remaining free agents wil land
« on: July 08, 2018, 11:38:44 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
it's slim pickings when it comes to the remaining free agents, but there are still a few impact guys out there and it will be interesting seeing where they land.

Clint Capela - resigns with Rockets. Capelas dominant defensive impact is what made them one of the best teams last year. I think they realize they need to retain him at any cost if they hope to keep their title window open.

Marcus Smart - resigns with Celtics. Not going to get the offer he thinks he deserves. Probably resigns with Boston on something like a 4 year/$35 mill deal.

Isaiah Thomas - Bulls. Bulls have a lot of uncertainty at PG with Dunn constantly injured and Jerian Grant gone to Orlando. I think IT can Expect a low risk/high reward 1 year deal from the Bulls, a team that is in dire need of a strong veteran presence.

Jabari Parker - Kings. After striking out on Zach LaVine, I think going after Parker makes a lot of sense for the Kings, and would be their biggest free agent splash in years. With rumors circulating that Greek Freak no longer wants to play with Parker, I wouldn't be surprised if Milwaukee doesn't match anything north of $14 mill a year.

Wayne Ellington - Lakers. Lakers are in desperate need of shooters and Ellington may be the best one left on the market. A LeBron team can't function without beyond the arc threats.

Luc Mbah a Moute - resigns with Rockets. Rockets need his defense now more than ever with the departure of Trevor Ariza.

Rodney Hood - resigns with Cleveland. Cleveland needs scoring post LeBron. Hood had a rocky playoffs to say the least but he's still a high caliber offensive talent.

Montrezl Harrell - resigns with Clippers. There were times last year where Harrell looked better than DeAndre for the Clips. Resigning him should be a high priority for them.

Brook Lopez - resigns with Lakers. Protects the paint and has blossomed in to a good 3 point shooter. May only come back to lala land on a year deal, but I think LeBron can do wonders for his game.

Dwyane Wade - resigns with Miami. Lakers are also an option but they have enough guys already who can't shoot. Rockets may be a dark horse option if Carmelo goes there as the two are great friends, but ultimately I think DWade wants to retire a member of the franchise he loves.

Jamal Crawford - Warriors. Easy choice, Jamal. Get your ring.

Michael Beasley - Jazz. Never thought i'd come around to liking Beasley, but I really admire his game as a stretch four. No team would benefit from his game as much as Utah as they need bigs who can shoot.

Alex Len - Hawks. Excellent pick and roll big who would benfit being around a really good point guard in Shroeder and knock down shooters. ATL is the best fit for Len.

Greg Monroe - Pelicans. There were rumors tying Monroe to his hometown Pels before he signed with Boston last season. Monroe could really be a good fir at the 5 if Davis continues to play the 4, which New Orleans says that's where they like him. Would be interesting to see them go big with Randle at the 3, Davis at the 4, and Monroe at the 5.

Trevor Booker - Spurs. Always seemed like a Popovich player. Hard working, non-egoic, knows his role. You need players like that around a young blossoming team.

Devin Harris - resigns with Nuggets. Nuggets don't have many options at the back up PG spot. Harris played solid there last year. Nothing earth shattering but solid.

Alan Williams - Bucks. Williams is one of the most under rated defensive players left on the market. It'll be interesting to see what he can do on a team who view themselves as contenders. He's short for center at 6'8 but the Bucks are oversized at every other position to combat that.

Nick Young - resigns with Warriors. May not have too many other options. goes back for the minimum to round out possibly the most unlikable team in NBA history.

Carmelo Anthony (most likely will be a free agent) - Rockets. Easy choice. Would be utilized well as a stretch 4, where most know is the only position he has any business playing anymore.