Author Topic: Tony parker to the Hornets!  (Read 2679 times)

Re: Tony parker to the Hornets!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 04:31:28 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Step 1 in mending fences with Kawhi

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 04:37:06 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Hopefully the next step is trading for Marcus Morris as they try to limp towards a playoff seed.

Is MKG finished? What are your thoughts?

Finished might be strong, but if Charlotte wants to see the playoffs, as they apparently do, they should consider alternatives.  Morris could give Miles Bridges a fine apprentice year.

Reason I ask you this is, because I wonder if he would be worth taking a flier on.

I still think MKG would be better off in a team where there is plenty of spacing. He's improved his offensive woes, and actually finished well in terms of FG %. He's also able to play small ball 4, and even super duper small ball 5. His ability to switch, and superb lateral quickness/wingspan will allow him to be perfect in our system. Can't shoot, but... His handling, and mid range shot has gone above and beyond compared to what he had 2-3 years ago.

Much like last season, the sixth-year pro continued to exhibit increased comfort on the offensive end, particularly with regards to his jump shot (102-of-282; 36.2 percent) and hook shot (15-of-26; 57.7 percent). He finished with the highest offensive rating of his career this season, registering a mark of 108.1 points per 100 possessions.

Despite Kidd-Gilchrist’s defensive rating taking a small step back this year (103.8 to 105. 8 ), his 2.3 net rating was still the second best of his NBA career. One particular area he also excelled in was ball security. Of all NBA players who averaged at least 25.0 minutes in a minimum of 60 games, Kidd-Gilchrist ranked 12th in the league in turnover ratio (7.0 percent).

Kidd-Gilchrist finished the year with averages of 9.2 points and 4.1 rebounds in 25.0 minutes over 74 total games. Amongst NBA small forwards with at least 500 field-goal attempts this season, he ranked fifth in field-goal percentage (career-high 50.4 percent), trailing only LeBron James, Kevin Durant, E’Twaun Moore and Michael Beasley.
Amongst Charlotte players with at least 20.0 minutes played per game this season, Kidd-Gilchrist ranked tied for second on the team in offensive rating (108.1) and third in overall net rating (2.3).
Heading into next season, Kidd-Gilchrist sits sixth in franchise history in both total rebounds (2,107) and offensive rebounds (601) and eighth in both defensive rebounds (1,506) and blocks (259).

I don’t think he’s worth his salary, so he’s not the right fit got now.  Maybe in a couple seasons when he reaches free agency.

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 04:38:05 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Hopefully the next step is trading for Marcus Morris as they try to limp towards a playoff seed.

Is MKG finished? What are your thoughts?

Finished might be strong, but if Charlotte wants to see the playoffs, as they apparently do, they should consider alternatives.  Morris could give Miles Bridges a fine apprentice year.

Reason I ask you this is, because I wonder if he would be worth taking a flier on.

I still think MKG would be better off in a team where there is plenty of spacing. He's improved his offensive woes, and actually finished well in terms of FG %. He's also able to play small ball 4, and even super duper small ball 5. His ability to switch, and superb lateral quickness/wingspan will allow him to be perfect in our system. Can't shoot, but... His handling, and mid range shot has gone above and beyond compared to what he had 2-3 years ago.

Much like last season, the sixth-year pro continued to exhibit increased comfort on the offensive end, particularly with regards to his jump shot (102-of-282; 36.2 percent) and hook shot (15-of-26; 57.7 percent). He finished with the highest offensive rating of his career this season, registering a mark of 108.1 points per 100 possessions.

Despite Kidd-Gilchrist’s defensive rating taking a small step back this year (103.8 to 105. 8 ), his 2.3 net rating was still the second best of his NBA career. One particular area he also excelled in was ball security. Of all NBA players who averaged at least 25.0 minutes in a minimum of 60 games, Kidd-Gilchrist ranked 12th in the league in turnover ratio (7.0 percent).

Kidd-Gilchrist finished the year with averages of 9.2 points and 4.1 rebounds in 25.0 minutes over 74 total games. Amongst NBA small forwards with at least 500 field-goal attempts this season, he ranked fifth in field-goal percentage (career-high 50.4 percent), trailing only LeBron James, Kevin Durant, E’Twaun Moore and Michael Beasley.
Amongst Charlotte players with at least 20.0 minutes played per game this season, Kidd-Gilchrist ranked tied for second on the team in offensive rating (108.1) and third in overall net rating (2.3).
Heading into next season, Kidd-Gilchrist sits sixth in franchise history in both total rebounds (2,107) and offensive rebounds (601) and eighth in both defensive rebounds (1,506) and blocks (259).

I don’t think he’s worth his salary, so he’s not the right fit got now.  Maybe in a couple seasons when he reaches free agency.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 06:58:34 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112

My thoughts too

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 07:10:35 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

My thoughts too

thats what i thought but i heard Spurs were disappointed and wanted to keep him....or maybe that's just whats being said

i would think they'd prefer to make it look like they chose KL over Parker, so why give off the impression they wanted Parker to stay?

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2018, 12:10:13 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

But Kawhi is gone though. He ain't dressing up in a Spurs uniform ever again. He wants to go to his Lalaland Lakers and join the rest of that lalaland circus show.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)