Author Topic: Right now predict the Western Conference  (Read 1608 times)

Re: Right now predict the Western Conference
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 02:18:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The hardest team to predict right now is San Antonio, but right now I am taking it that Kawhi will "play" for them, though I expect him to sit out games and be a problem as long as he is there diminishing their wins at least early in the year.

1. Houston - 60-65
2. Golden State - 55-60
3. Minnesota - 47-52
4. Oklahoma City - 47-52
5. New Orleans - 47-52
6. Portland - 46-51
7. Utah - 46-51
8. Denver - 46-51
9. San Antonio - 45-50
10. LA Clippers - 43-48
11. LA Lakers - 42-47
12. Memphis - 30-35
13. Sacramento - 27-32
14. Dallas - 20-25
15. Phoenix - 15-20

Playoffs
Houston v. Denver - Houston in 5
OKC v. New Orleans - OKC is 7
GS v. Utah - GS in 4
Minnesota v. Portland - Minny in 5

Houston v. OKC - Houston in 7
GS v. Minny - GS in 5

Houston v. GS - GS in 6

I'm really confused how you have Dallas so low. Barnes and deandre Jordan are nice players, smith should be a little better and doncic will be very good for a rookie. Dirk is a nice bench player for 20 minutes. Matthews and Barrea are servicable vets
I don't think last year was a fluke or some sort of intentional tank job.  The Mavs just weren't very good and used tanking as an excuse to cover up the poor product they put on the floor.  They have been getting worse for years, trying 1 year fixes and put together just a mishmash of players that don't fit real well.  Jordan is their best player, that isn't a good team.  I also think Doncic is going to have a much worse transition than most people do.  He is skilled, but very unathletic, and it often takes those types of players awhile to get use to the speed and athleticism of the league.  He has a very bright future, but I don't see him doing much of anything as wins are concerned this year.  They are also very thin.  I mean Salah Mejri is the only other center on the roster.  They have 3 PF's, Dirk, Dwight Powell and Maxi Kleber.  Dirk is what a 20 mpg player now.  You can't play Jordan in close games down the stretch, who exactly is going to be playing the 4/5 for the Mavs down the stretch of games.  Barnes is an ok player, but they have no back-up SF's worth anything.  They are have some depth at guard with Smith, Doncic, Matthews, and 100 year old Barea (I suspect they bring back Ferrell as well, but who knows), but that isn't a big time winning backcourt (though I like the potential of Smith and Doncic long term).

The Mavs just aren't going to be a good team.  Even in the East, they are no where near a playoff team, but in the West they are going to end up with a bottom 3 or 4 record.

Will depend on how good Doncic will be out of gate.