Author Topic: Celtics offered Kyrie and a pick for Leonard? 🤔  (Read 6360 times)

Re: Celtics offered Kyrie and a pick for Leonard? 🤔
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2018, 03:55:12 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Besides claiming that Irving and a pick was offered by the Celtics, Jimmy Stewart also said that Irving would not be on the team opening night even after the Toronto trade for Leonard was confirmed. Clearly, he and his source believe that Irving intends to go to New York at the end of next season unless he is traded prior to then. I have my doubts about all of this, but would it really be that shocking if New York's starting backcourt next year (2019-2020) was Butler and Irving? Also, why DeRozan may be preferrable to Irving for San Antonio is that he will be there for two years under contract with a third year player's option instead of Irving's one year with a second year player's option.

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2018, 03:59:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Besides claiming that Irving and a pick was offered by the Celtics, Jimmy Stewart also said that Irving would not be on the team opening night even after the Toronto trade for Leonard was confirmed. Clearly, he and his source believe that Irving intends to go to New York at the end of next season unless he is traded prior to then. I have my doubts about all of this, but would it really be that shocking if New York's starting backcourt next year (2019-2020) was Butler and Irving? Also, why DeRozan may be preferrable to Irving for San Antonio is that he will be there for two years under contract with a third year player's option instead of Irving's one year with a second year player's option.

None of this is believable. At all. I don't even think he has a source at all, let alone one that is telling him this. He is interacting with every troll on there bragging about how many stories he has broke and why he is better than woj. This guy is a complete clown and it is cheapening the forum to act like this is legit stuff.

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2018, 04:06:39 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
It's being confirmed by ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/bos/boston-celtics

Nothing there says anything about this

Yeah, I went through most of the links and there is nothing there.

I did see Jay Williams pick us to beat Golden State though.
CELTICS 2024