Author Topic: It has started folks... LA media and LeBron  (Read 5203 times)

Re: It has started folks... LA media and LeBron
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 08:10:27 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Um, people said this when he was in Cleveland. This isn't because he is in LA
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 09:27:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Notice I said LA media. I live in LA so I wasnt privy to the people that said because he moved to Hollywood he would be drafted by the Hollywood liberal elite to run for president. Would be wild if the Hollywood liberal elite was drafting him while he was in Cleveland.

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 06:07:24 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Notice I said LA media. I live in LA so I wasnt privy to the people that said because he moved to Hollywood he would be drafted by the Hollywood liberal elite to run for president. Would be wild if the Hollywood liberal elite was drafting him while he was in Cleveland.
you said LA media and then talked about Speak For Yourself which is a national show and comprises people.thst said the same thing before he was on the Lakers

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 07:06:47 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I ask this one thing.  Please post political comments in the political forum. One of the reasons I follow sports is that they are a distraction from things like current events and politics. It is frustrating to see one of the resources, CelticBlog, I use for entertainment and diversion overrun with the thing I want to spend a few moments being distracted from.

Thank you.

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 08:06:30 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Broussard says LeBron could win the presidency running on a platform of family values, social justice, and entrepreneurialship

Lebron has very bad political instincts.   Most of the people he endorsed lost.  This is the biggest one.

I support Hillary because she will build on the legacy of my good friend, President Barack Obama. I believe in what President Obama has done for our country and support her commitment to continuing that legacy.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2016/10/lebron-james-endorsement-hillary-clinton-impact-race-ohio

She lost.  Some people like him, a lot of people don't.   I am not buying it and Broussard does not know anything about basketball let alone politics.

I hope he runs, it will be fun watching him lose at something else again.

That social justice platform alone would sink him. At least 50% of the voters in our country are racist in some way.

Also, family values is not a priority in our country nowadays either.

Might want to not hit the send button too quickly. 50%? Obama was elected twice. If you're a racist you dont vote for a black person to be your leader. That's a pretty good rule of thumb.

This has to be up there as post of year for the koolaid drinkers.

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2018, 08:13:46 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Broussard says LeBron could win the presidency running on a platform of family values, social justice, and entrepreneurialship

Lebron has very bad political instincts.   Most of the people he endorsed lost.  This is the biggest one.

I support Hillary because she will build on the legacy of my good friend, President Barack Obama. I believe in what President Obama has done for our country and support her commitment to continuing that legacy.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2016/10/lebron-james-endorsement-hillary-clinton-impact-race-ohio

She lost.  Some people like him, a lot of people don't.   I am not buying it and Broussard does not know anything about basketball let alone politics.

That social justice platform alone would sink him. At least 50% of the voters in our country are racist in some way.

Might want to not hit the send button too quickly. 50%? Obama was elected twice. If you're a racist you dont vote for a black person to be your leader. That's a pretty good rule of thumb.

why are only white people racist in your view? 

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2018, 09:20:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The thing is nowadays when the left does not agree with a view they throw out the racist label, often.

I don't like LeBron because I live in Ohio and have been a Celtics fan since the early 80s.   I almost hate anyone who is not a Celtic and I hate guys who do not play D.

The media is going to be insane though, they have LA, they have LBJ and Magic it is going to be a media storm.   I actually think ESPN getting political hurt their ratings.

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2018, 09:20:35 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/11/10/in-an-unusual-show-of-politics-lebron-james-campaigned-for-hillary-clinton-will-he-remain-active-now-that-she-lost/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f53034fc0e45

She lost.  Some people like him, a lot of people don't.   I am not buying it and Broussard does not know anything about basketball let alone politics.  I hope he runs, it will be fun watching him lose at something else again.   But he does not have the public speaking skills, not impressed with what I have seen,  nor the charisma to do it.  People knock Pres. Trump a lot but he has charisma to some degree and can work a crowd.   We've seen none of those skills from LeBron.   He is just as polarizing as Pres. Trump, too.

Now I applaud LeBron courage for picking a candidate and taking a stand.  Jordan would not because "republicans buy his shoes, too".   I think some folks may change their views too, once they start being wealthy.

Without getting any further into politics, I’d like to point out that a prominent public figure who is ostensibly liberal throwing his support behind Hillary over Trump isn’t displaying poor political instincts. Just seems like the obvious move.

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2018, 09:23:22 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Without getting any further into politics, I’d like to point out that a prominent public figure who is ostensibly liberal throwing his support behind Hillary over Trump isn’t displaying poor political instincts. Just seems like the obvious move.

He has endorsed other teams and people who lost.  Do you read the Ohio papers? I would bet not.   I have as I live there.   Just curious do you?

Good political instincts for an athlete means playing your sport.  That is what people care about when you're an athlete not you're opinions.  I respect his courage for doing so, but it does not help his brand.  like I said I hope he runs.  Look at ESPN the movement they got political their ratings went down.

I ask this one thing.  Please post political comments in the political forum

There were political comments in the original thread and quoted article.   I think this opened the door.   But sure, maybe it should be in the political area of the board.  Sorry, I interfered with your safety space, area on the web ;).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 09:45:53 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2018, 04:58:40 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
The fact that someone actually believes that 50% of the country is racist is astonishing.  So the people that voted for Obama twice that turned around and voted for Trump because they didn't like Hillary are racists?  The people that voted for Obama over Hillary are racists?  I swear to God Liberalism might actually become a legit, documented mental disorder before I die. 

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2018, 05:01:02 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

why are only white people racist in your view?

I personally don’t believe that, but the person who posted this is clearly talking about racist whites.

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2018, 05:42:29 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
The fact that someone actually believes that 50% of the country is racist is astonishing.  So the people that voted for Obama twice that turned around and voted for Trump because they didn't like Hillary are racists?  The people that voted for Obama over Hillary are racists?  I swear to God Liberalism might actually become a legit, documented mental disorder before I die.

You think just because someone is Liberal, or Democrat, or voted for Obama and/or Clinton, that they can't be racist? That's cute.

I can count a number of VERY liberal friends and family that are racist.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2018, 06:35:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
I was the only white guy on a basketball team and I started.  My team mates were cool but there were some guys who did not share my race, did like me because I made the team and they did not.   They stunk at baskebtall truth be told.   They would call names as I walked by the area, they lived as I lived in the floor below. one of them spit on me one day from a third story window.  I went upstairs and knocked on his door, and he was dumb enough to answer it and I knocked him one so hard all the fight went out of him and he never did those things again.   

So forgive me if I think people of all races can be racist.  Whites tend to the worst though because of our past.   But there is ethnic slaughter in Africa black on black.  Is that racist?

https://www.history.com/topics/rwandan-genocide

Now I don't know what it is like with institutional stuff.   But my family was not wealthy and it sure seemed like I had to work at everything.  I was a Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. born out of wedlock and did not have a name to get me into places which is the way small towns are...

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2018, 07:30:54 PM »

Offline Bostonborn62

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Hustle like Cowens or have a seat
Celtics4ever: I have a similar story ; I was the only white kid on Boston English in "80-81"(sorry, had to go look) bused myself out of Southie High ,which was insane my first 3 yrs (see video archives), as a Junior, 2 week long try-outs at English, I got grief from both sides back then, but was befriended by 2 half brothers who were Black that were on the team, BOTH were Pimps down the Combat Zone(I dropped them AND their girls off before, right after school in the Zone)2 baddest dudes in the school, one day at a home game one of the fans(Black Kid) for J.P. was riding me and it was just hitting halftime and Tony grabbed him , pulled him into our locker room and told him if he moved from the shower where we could all see him Tony would give him a beating for as I Quote" for messing with my Boy Kenny", the kid didn't move a muscle the whole halftime,,lol , so I can relate,coming from Southie High during busing and being from Southie I've seen it from both sides when it comes to Racism, Politicians use it to divide us but we are all Gods children and should act accordingly and show Grace to one another, ALWAYS. Peace
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 08:43:11 PM by Bostonborn62 »

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2018, 08:27:31 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
In defense of LA Media, it's been ugly here for the last 5 years. Failed draft picks, the fiasco of Kobe's last 2 years, horrible FA signings, Buss family squabbles and the semi-rise and then major fail of the Clippers.

It's news.

Same thing would be happening if he signed with the Knicks.