Author Topic: It has started folks... LA media and LeBron  (Read 5201 times)

It has started folks... LA media and LeBron
« on: July 04, 2018, 05:52:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Broussard just said on FS1 that LeBron James school principal in the 7th grade told his guardian that he could be president now Broussard says LeBron could win the presidency running on a platform of family values, social justice, and entrepreneurialship, and be a great president. It has not even been a week. Laker fans and media are going to be nuts.

Re: It has started folks... LA media and LeBron
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 06:04:46 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Considering who our current president is, I have to admit that anything can happen.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Broussard says LeBron could win the presidency running on a platform of family values, social justice, and entrepreneurialship

Lebron has very bad political instincts.   Most of the people he endorsed lost.  This is the biggest one.

I support Hillary because she will build on the legacy of my good friend, President Barack Obama. I believe in what President Obama has done for our country and support her commitment to continuing that legacy.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2016/10/lebron-james-endorsement-hillary-clinton-impact-race-ohio

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/11/10/in-an-unusual-show-of-politics-lebron-james-campaigned-for-hillary-clinton-will-he-remain-active-now-that-she-lost/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f53034fc0e45

She lost.  Some people like him, a lot of people don't.   I am not buying it and Broussard does not know anything about basketball let alone politics.  I hope he runs, it will be fun watching him lose at something else again.   But he does not have the public speaking skills, not impressed with what I have seen,  nor the charisma to do it.  People knock Pres. Trump a lot but he has charisma to some degree and can work a crowd.   We've seen none of those skills from LeBron.   He is just as polarizing as Pres. Trump, too.

Now I applaud LeBron courage for picking a candidate and taking a stand.  Jordan would not because "republicans buy his shoes, too".   I think some folks may change their views too, once they start being wealthy.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 06:19:34 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 06:19:55 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Broussard says LeBron could win the presidency running on a platform of family values, social justice, and entrepreneurialship

Lebron has very bad political instincts.   Most of the people he endorsed lost.  This is the biggest one.

I support Hillary because she will build on the legacy of my good friend, President Barack Obama. I believe in what President Obama has done for our country and support her commitment to continuing that legacy.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2016/10/lebron-james-endorsement-hillary-clinton-impact-race-ohio

She lost.  Some people like him, a lot of people don't.   I am not buying it and Broussard does not know anything about basketball let alone politics.

I hope he runs, it will be fun watching him lose at something else again.

That social justice platform alone would sink him. At least 50% of the voters in our country are racist in some way.

Also, family values is not a priority in our country nowadays either.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 06:43:51 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

She lost.  Some people like him, a lot of people don't.   I am not buying it and Broussard does not know anything about basketball let alone politics.

That social justice platform alone would sink him. At least 50% of the voters in our country are racist in some way.

"At least 50% of the voters in our country are racist in some way. "

Like the people who support Democratic racist initiatives like affirmative action and "diversity" race quotas....  initiatives that denying admission to whites and Asians based on the color of their skin
Considering who our current president is, I have to admit that anything can happen.
who's our current president? A successful businessman with a clear and solid political platform?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 06:48:53 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 07:05:44 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Like the people who support Democratic racist initiatives like affirmative action and "diversity" race quotas....  initiatives that denying admission to whites and Asians based on the color of their skin
who's our current president? A successful businessman with a clear and solid political platform?

I have to agree; a lot more people are racist than realize it...even if it's just a little bit. Anti-Flag recently put out an interesting song/video that addresses the American public's racism in a different perspective. Check it out (but I'm sure you won't like it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1wB9kZ2dnA

Also, who cares if Hillary lost (she really didn't btw) - that doesn't mean the better candidate is now president or Lebron has 'bad political instincts' because of it. I don't even like Lebron, but I would absolutely vote for him over Trump. If we are going to have a phony who doesn't have any idea what he is doing politically, I would rather have the squeaky clean Lebron over uh...I will just say, Trump.

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 07:18:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
if Hillary lost (she really didn't btw)

She totally lost and due the electoral college.   I got news for history will say she lost.  Until that is gone and they won't go back and retro-active change that election.    Saying she did not lose, either makes you either ignorant of our electoral system or a person who does not accept reality, which is it?

I think Pres. Trump and Hillary were two of the worst candidates we have ever had.   Hillary was competent to a large degree.  I think both of them are corrupt to the core.   I think Hillary should have been prosecuted for breaches in security that landed a naval service man who did the same thing in prison.   The jury is still out on Pres. Trump but where there is smoke there is often fire.   Like I said, in another thread these days we are voting against people not for them.

Also, I like Pres. Obama, as a person, I think he was charismatic and inspirational to many.  I voted for him once.   But I think his legacy was destabilizing the Middle East, with the Syria and Libya and causing the migration problems that Europe is facing today.   I give him high marks for getting Bin Laden.  I also think his policies emboldened Russia and let Putin out the bag but at the same time I am glad he did not start world war 3 over the Ukraine.

But I think LeBron would get destroyed in an election or debate.  He is so used to get his way on the court, what would he do if he missed a debate question.   He also complains at the slightest things.   We don't need another Pres. Trump type temperament which is exactly the same type of guy only on the court.   Spoiled. 

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 07:21:05 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Yup... This thread is getting locked.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 07:26:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Why so defensive? I never said anything about republicans or democrats. Plenty of people in both parties are racist. It is what it is.

Our president is someone who no experts predicted to even have a chance of winning, and he had zero experience, yet he won. Therefore, you can't rule out someone like Lebron.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 07:28:44 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Why so defensive? I never said anything about republicans or democrats. Plenty of people in both parties are racist. It is what it is.

Our president is someone who no experts predicted to even have a chance of winning, and he had zero experience, yet he won. Therefore, you can't rule out someone like Lebron.
I'm not defensive, was adding more to the discussion 

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 07:29:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Yup... This thread is getting locked.

the good ones always do

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 07:29:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 07:29:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I'm not defensive, was adding more to the discussion

It's all good then

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2018, 07:53:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
this thread was supposed to be about LA Media and the LeBron mania. Can we get back on topic. If it is going to be a full scale political thread can the mods move it to wherever yall talk about politics.

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2018, 07:58:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Lebron's got some serious competition for US President in the future though, The Rock is legitimately considering going for it. I think The Rock would get more votes. I mean Arnold Schwarzenegger would have had a good chance in the past if he was eligible.