Author Topic: Wizards scare anyone else?  (Read 4877 times)

Re: Wizards scare anyone else?
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2018, 04:15:57 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Afraid of a 6 or 7 seed? Wall is more likely to get traded off than they are to do anything else.

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2018, 04:30:12 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I can see Wizards fans talking themselves into this. Dwight has been rejected by, basically, 3 teams in a row and has learned his lesson and is going to turn into the perfect rebounder/outlet passer/rim runner for John Wall's fast break with Beal being your #1 option in the halfcourt and Porter your perfect 3-and-D role player.

The problem is, this is a dysfunctional locker room that's going to add one of the worst locker room influences in the league. As others have said, 2nd round fodder, at best.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2018, 04:33:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Depends on Dwight, if he was like pre 2010 Dwight, yes I might worry.   But odds are he won't be..   Jeff Green killed us vs the CAVs and Porter always plays like a Celtic Killer.  But the Dwight thing is a huge "if"

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2018, 04:39:56 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I think the only East team that can push a healthy Celtic team is Philly if they get Kawhi. However, it's been said SAS want Simmons for him, and a Kawhi/Embiid combo with the rest of their players isn't scary.

Regardless of how they got him, I think the only way that team can beat us is if they get Kawhi, keep Simmons, and Simmons improves his outside game dramatically.

Even so, we have a deeper, more all around talented team than the East has had since Miami at their best with LBJ, imo. The CLE teams were Lebron and Kyrie with a bunch of role players. We have the potential to throw 4 or 5 very good scorers at anybody, with good perimeter D. Given how Brad Steven's teams have given GSW fits the last 4 years, I really like where we are if we're relatively healthy headed into the playoffs.
Do not forget Simmons is a Huge Minus(worst of playoff) for them against us, they can get a lot better by simply dump Simmons.

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2018, 04:58:31 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I think the only East team that can push a healthy Celtic team is Philly if they get Kawhi. However, it's been said SAS want Simmons for him, and a Kawhi/Embiid combo with the rest of their players isn't scary.

Regardless of how they got him, I think the only way that team can beat us is if they get Kawhi, keep Simmons, and Simmons improves his outside game dramatically.

Even so, we have a deeper, more all around talented team than the East has had since Miami at their best with LBJ, imo. The CLE teams were Lebron and Kyrie with a bunch of role players. We have the potential to throw 4 or 5 very good scorers at anybody, with good perimeter D. Given how Brad Steven's teams have given GSW fits the last 4 years, I really like where we are if we're relatively healthy headed into the playoffs.
Do not forget Simmons is a Huge Minus(worst of playoff) for them against us, they can get a lot better by simply dump Simmons.
You're takes are the worst of them all.  Did you fall into a vat of Celtics green Koolaid? 

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2018, 05:08:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

You're takes are the worst of them all.  Did you fall into a vat of Celtics green Koolaid?

Agreed.

Here's another good nugget....

Not that high on AD, he doesn't strike me as a competitive winning player, but more like Camelo+KD kind of player, if he wants to come sure, but won't miss him if he want to sign a MLE for GSW or joinning the Lakers
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 05:17:37 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2018, 05:35:48 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
No, I don't believe in Wizards ...

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2018, 05:36:00 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
No. That team will implode.

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 05:45:10 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Why?  Did the NBA give them back their Bullets?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 06:02:57 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2018, 05:51:46 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
lol, nope.

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2018, 06:14:24 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Not at all. That team is going to be extremely dysfunctional going forward.

Gortat has been known as a reasonable man and not much of an instigator, yet even he threw legit shade at John Wall. Even Beal did subtly while they were winning and Wall was out.

Then of course, you got Punk Oubre and the others on that team, and you add Howard to that?

LOL.  :laugh:

They'll be a playoff team but I don't view them as a threat anymore to be honest.

Literally my thoughts exactly.

The Wizards should trade Porter for a great young prospect, and to save cap space, their ability to upgrade the roster with limited assets/draft picks is going to hurt them when another great player/free agent is on the market. But I like Oubre. I think he's going to be a special player, plus he has that spunkiness that I like. Him and Tatum are very good friends, and they constantly battle in the off-season working out together with Hanlen. So if Wizards want to get rid of that 'punk,' Oubre, I will gladly take him! :)

Watch them self-destruct and the Lakers pick up Howard for peanuts at the deadline, LOL ;D.

He didn't have a good exit from there the last time. So LA will have open arms to take him back? And how does he feel about going back there? I doubt that happens.

I'm not saying that it makes sense, like at all, lol ;D, from a PR perspective, but strictly in terms of basketball, Howard would make them extremely dangerous against the Warriors, imo. Plus, I'm sure that Lebron will have significant input insofar as personnel decisions are concerned, so if the Wizards become a veritable powder keg, if they aren't, already ;D, and he signs off on Dwight, yeah, I can see Magic trading for Howard or acquiring him for next-to-nothing and the latter could actually, however improbably, rehabilitate his image in the process. Who knows?

Plus, he was interested in playing with Lebron, anyway, if recent reports are to be believed, so there's that, I guess.

Not at all. That team is going to be extremely dysfunctional going forward.

Gortat has been known as a reasonable man and not much of an instigator, yet even he threw legit shade at John Wall. Even Beal did subtly while they were winning and Wall was out.

Then of course, you got Punk Oubre and the others on that team, and you add Howard to that?

LOL.  :laugh:

They'll be a playoff team but I don't view them as a threat anymore to be honest.

Literally my thoughts exactly.

The Wizards should trade Porter for a great young prospect, and to save cap space, their ability to upgrade the roster with limited assets/draft picks is going to hurt them when another great player/free agent is on the market. But I like Oubre. I think he's going to be a special player, plus he has that spunkiness that I like. Him and Tatum are very good friends, and they constantly battle in the off-season working out together with Hanlen. So if Wizards want to get rid of that 'punk,' Oubre, I will gladly take him! :)

Watch them self-destruct and the Lakers pick up Howard for peanuts at the deadline, LOL ;D.

I can imagine the conversation ending up like this.

"Howard... Don't you want to join forces? I need you. Magic needs you. The City of Los Angeles needs you! Not to mention Chris Bosh is trying to make a comeback, and I'm trying to find whatever excuse I got in the toolbox to avoid that confrontation otherwise..."

"Nah man, they didn't like me no more! MY M-M-MOMMA SAID LA IS THE DEVIL!"

"Dwight... How long have we known each other? Don't you trust me?"

"Man of course I do!"

"Look, Kobe is gone. I'm here now. I'm the King. The Chosen One. You can be the Prince, the heir to my throne."

"Man whatchu trying to say? That I'm a step below you? That I don't deserve to be on the same wave length? MAN THAT IS MESSED UP, YOU SOUND JUST LIKE KOBE!"

"I'll put you in Space Jam 2, so you can finally afford to feed all of your baby mommas."

"..... Say less."

https://youtu.be/tyrV68QIp8s?t=132

;D

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2018, 07:12:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Not in the least

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2018, 07:30:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
im peeking out from under my bed ::)

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2018, 07:47:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Come out Shaq...they dont have Bullets anymore. Its all hocus pocus now. Dont be scared.

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2018, 07:49:10 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

What's the matter? Are you having particularly awful...dwightmares ;) ::) ;D *groan*? Hehe ;D.