Author Topic: Kyrie and Jimmy Butler Want To Play Together  (Read 12390 times)

Re: Kyrie and Jimmy Butler Want To Play Together
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 01:27:13 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
They will hook up at Team USA. Case closed; itch scratched.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 01:33:24 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Why is Kyrie becoming a distraction?

Didn't click the above link, but we know he was a distraction back in CLE.  And for good reason -- people here were recently floating the idea that Kawhi deserved legal action from the Spurs for threatening to sit out unless he was traded to LA.  So it's pretty silly that Kyrie is beyond reproach on the same blog. 

But, think about it... who had a worse 2018 playoffs than Kyrie Irving?  Beyond the self-centered errors in judgment, the baby Celtics proved his value was vastly overrated by (a) coming 1 win away from the Finals, as a team, and (b) showing very significant growth and potential, individually.  And maybe worse, CLE limped their way to yet another Finals without him, and even Love, for two important stretches.  Big picture: He was expendable to both teams, even despite pretty underwhelming PG replacements. 

I don't judge other people with mental health issues, and I can empathize with a lot of crazy.  But Kyrie shows clear signs of narcissistic traits that do not hold up well to the above situation.  So what's his most likely response? If he has any insight into the situation at all -- and he may not, especially with how much he's reinforced -- he will seek even higher levels of external validation.  That alone would account for more self-focused and distracting actions.

Lol.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 02:39:42 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Didn't click the above link, but we know he was a distraction back in CLE.  And for good reason -- people here were recently floating the idea that Kawhi deserved legal action from the Spurs for threatening to sit out unless he was traded to LA.  So it's pretty silly that Kyrie is beyond reproach on the same blog. 

But, think about it... who had a worse 2018 playoffs than Kyrie Irving?  Beyond the self-centered errors in judgment, the baby Celtics proved his value was vastly overrated by (a) coming 1 win away from the Finals, as a team, and (b) showing very significant growth and potential, individually.  And maybe worse, CLE limped their way to yet another Finals without him, and even Love, for two important stretches.  Big picture: He was expendable to both teams, even despite pretty underwhelming PG replacements. 

I don't judge other people with mental health issues, and I can empathize with a lot of crazy.  But Kyrie shows clear signs of narcissistic traits that do not hold up well to the above situation.  So what's his most likely response? If he has any insight into the situation at all -- and he may not, especially with how much he's reinforced -- he will seek even higher levels of external validation.  That alone would account for more self-focused and distracting actions.

Another pure genius from our resident Kyrie-hater.

If we had Kyrie we woulsve beaten the bucks in 5, the Sixers in 4 and Cleveland in 5. In your blind and irrational hatred, you failed to see how much we needed a reliable scorer, esp one who has done it before. Or did you close your eyes as well when Kyrie elininated us the year before?

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2018, 03:02:33 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Plus his knee got infected

LOL.

(Kyrie for KAT works no?)

I'm getting there with this. The Horford/Towns front court would be right on par with Draymond/Cousins.

Don't see why Minnesota gives up their franchise cornerstone for one year of Kyrie though. Still wouldn'tbe anything stopping him from moving to New York with Jimmy Butler in 2019. Suddenly Minny is left holding the bag with Wiggins and no Towns.

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 01:50:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 02:18:02 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The wheels are turning

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/13/report-jimmy-butler-denies-minnesota-timberwolves-extension
might be wrong but I thought this extension denial was an expected move so he can get a bigger long term deal

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2018, 03:25:57 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

Because Kyrie prefers it that way. He is a self-centered personality who craves the drama spotlight. I have read several positive articles about the guy that describe him as chronically restless. He becomes bored when his basketball situation becomes too stable and endlessly seeks to create changing dynamics within his team or within his life.

In the end, unfortunately, it appears that Kyrie is mostly about, well, Kyrie. THAT is the one component in his life that stays consistent no matter which team he plays for.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2018, 06:48:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Fake news to hurt the C's!

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2018, 07:49:12 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Because Kyrie prefers it that way. He is a self-centered personality who craves the drama spotlight. I have read several positive articles about the guy that describe him as chronically restless. He becomes bored when his basketball situation becomes too stable and endlessly seeks to create changing dynamics within his team or within his life.

In the end, unfortunately, it appears that Kyrie is mostly about, well, Kyrie. THAT is the one component in his life that stays consistent no matter which team he plays for.

same old garbage. Media hiatorically has done this, but you still believe it's kyrie's doing?

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2018, 08:13:54 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The wheels are turning

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/13/report-jimmy-butler-denies-minnesota-timberwolves-extension
might be wrong but I thought this extension denial was an expected move so he can get a bigger long term deal

It is 100% this.  If Butler signs with another team in free agency next year, he could get $140 million over four years, and the Wolves could offer $145 million over four years, and tack on a fifth year to boot.  Butler has decided he won’t take a 30% discount to remove risk of an Achilles injury.  I don’t know why Minnesota’s owner feels the need to have a press conference about a player obviously turning down an extension, but Taylor has never been good at player-ownership relationships.

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2018, 09:20:01 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
The wheels are turning

It is 100% this.  If Butler signs with another team in free agency next year, he could get $140 million over four years, and the Wolves could offer $145 million over four years, and tack on a fifth year to boot.  Butler has decided he won’t take a 30% discount to remove risk of an Achilles injury.  I don’t know why Minnesota’s owner feels the need to have a press conference about a player obviously turning down an extension, but Taylor has never been good at player-ownership relationships.

I agree that this is the most likely thing that is happening.

He is a 4 year player at Marquette and has played a lot of minutes under Thibs. His prime might be shorter than some.

If I'm Minny (or Thibs), I might like a package of Morris, Smart (sign and trade 14 million), Yabu, Nader, and future firsts. Smart and Morris might provide just the right amount of toughness to continue to develop KAT and Wiggins.

However, if I'm Minny, I would definitely like Covington, Saric, and Fultz better.

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2018, 04:33:33 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Butler turning down the extension is nothing news, it was expected that he would do that regardless because he can make much more money hitting free agency (and with the number of teams that can make space someone will offer him a max deal so long as he doesn't have a career-threatening injury). That being said, the rumors about him not being content with the Wolves right now seem real, and he's a guy that may be worth keeping an eye on if the Wolves struggle out of the gate and Butler lets management know he intends to walk in the summer. Boston should have the pieces to make a pretty competitive offer for him as a rental without touching their core.

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2018, 09:47:55 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
The wheels are turning

It may well be that Butler wanted to wait for more money next summer (how many millions do these guys need ?) - but it has also been widely reported that he has soured on the immaturity and lack of toughness of his teammates (Townes & Wiggins).
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2018, 05:41:39 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Sources: Minnesota All-Star Jimmy Butler has begun to seriously contemplate his future with the franchise. Our @JonKrawczynski reports Butler and Thibodeau will meet on Monday.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1041077603501842432?s=21

Jimmy Butler will meet with Tom Thibodeau and Scott Layden on Monday to "have honest conversations about the All-Star's future with the team," sources tell
@TheAthleticMIN

https://twitter.com/jonkrawczynski/status/1041075425865281536?s=21

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2018, 09:25:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sources: Minnesota All-Star Jimmy Butler has begun to seriously contemplate his future with the franchise. Our @JonKrawczynski reports Butler and Thibodeau will meet on Monday.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1041077603501842432?s=21

Jimmy Butler will meet with Tom Thibodeau and Scott Layden on Monday to "have honest conversations about the All-Star's future with the team," sources tell
@TheAthleticMIN

https://twitter.com/jonkrawczynski/status/1041075425865281536?s=21
Could be Kyrie told him that he is staying in Boston so Butler is now either going to ask to be traded to a team he wants to go to or wants to start talks about his next contract.