Author Topic: 2019 Eastern Conference All-Stars  (Read 2765 times)

Re: 2019 Eastern Conference All-Stars
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 01:17:49 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think there is a real possibility that Irving is the only Celtic that makes the all star team.  I think Hayward is going to be brought along very slowly and the rest of the team is going to take stats from each other, such that there will be players with far better stats (many on good teams) that are more likely to make the team (that said I would project Irving and Horford with Hayward as an outside shot if he is healthier faster than I anticipate right now). 

Guaranteed barring injury - Irving, Giannis, Embiid, DeRozan, Wall, Oladipo
Likely barring injury - Simmons, Porzingis, Love, Griffin
Fighting for last 2 spots - Hayward, Horford, Tatum, Beal, Lowry, Drummond, Dragic, Middleton, Walker

There is always someone that comes out of nowhere as well, like Oladipo last year.  Maybe IT has a huge season, for example.  Maybe a rookie really impresses and just blitzes the stats.

Wow you have Porzingas as more likely than Hayword and Horford despite the fact that he may even miss the entire season? Impressive.
hence the barring injury.  There are all sorts of conflicting reports on when the Zinger is going to suit up.  If he is out until 2019, then no he won't make the all star team, but if he is back in December, I think there is a very good chance he gets voted in as a starter or otherwise makes the team because he is going to have the gaudy stats.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 01:25:42 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
PG: Kyrie Irving, Ben Simmons, John Wall
SG: Bradley Beal, Demar Derozan, Victor Oladipo 
SF: Giannis, Gordon Hayward
PF: Blake Griffin, Kevin Love
C: Joel Embiid, Al Horford

I think the Celtics get 3 all stars by virtue of having a great record and playing team ball. The 3 vets will get the spot because "Brown and Tatum will have their chances" thinking.

Don't forget Blake Griffin is in the East now. The Raptors will be one of the top 3 teams in the East, so they'll get at least 1 and my bet is Derozan. Porzingis will miss too much injury time at the start of the year.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 01:40:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I think there is a real possibility that Irving is the only Celtic that makes the all star team.  I think Hayward is going to be brought along very slowly and the rest of the team is going to take stats from each other, such that there will be players with far better stats (many on good teams) that are more likely to make the team (that said I would project Irving and Horford with Hayward as an outside shot if he is healthier faster than I anticipate right now). 

Fighting for last 2 spots - Hayward, Horford, Tatum, Beal, Lowry, Drummond, Dragic, Middleton, Walker

There is always someone that comes out of nowhere as well, like Oladipo last year.  Maybe IT has a huge season, for example.  Maybe a rookie really impresses and just blitzes the stats.

Wow you have Porzingas as more likely than Hayword and Horford despite the fact that he may even miss the entire season? Impressive.
hence the barring injury.  There are all sorts of conflicting reports on when the Zinger is going to suit up.  If he is out until 2019, then no he won't make the all star team, but if he is back in December, I think there is a very good chance he gets voted in as a starter or otherwise makes the team because he is going to have the gaudy stats.

I have to say this is insane. For one you realize the phrase "barring injury" isn't used when a player is already injured. It is used appropriately on the other players.

That aside, the last major report was that he may miss the entire season
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/kristaps-porzingis-injury-update-knicks-star-acl-could-miss-2018-19-season-james-dolan-says/8wuo0tt25qsd1urj7urx7mu8o

Even if he somehow came back very early (mid December, which I have seen nowhere) he would clearly be on a minutes limit and working into shape like every other player coming off a serious injury so his stats would be far from gaudy. Come on man, he shouldn't have been on your list. You know enough about injuries and basketball to know this. He does not belong on the list where you put him.

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 02:07:10 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
I put Kristaps in the OP but forgot he'd miss so many games. My fault. Another player I forgot about was Blake Griffin. I'd assume he'll earn a spot as long as the Pistons don't have a tremendously bad record. Middleton was someone I considered. If he picks up where he left off against the Celtics there's a good chance he has the Oladipo-type season. Same goes for Tatum.
Don't know why but Lowry and Dragic would be my first bets not to make it. Dragic looks bored a lot and Lowry... I dunno. The Raptors might implode. Wall and Beal most likely make it although we're going to get a chance to see if the problems on the Wizards were between Gortat and Wall or if it's a Wall vs. everybody issue.
Kawhi of course makes it if he's in the East and might be the best player in the conference.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 03:03:50 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I have to say this is insane. For one you realize the phrase "barring injury" isn't used when a player is already injured. It is used appropriately on the other players.

That aside, the last major report was that he may miss the entire season
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/kristaps-porzingis-injury-update-knicks-star-acl-could-miss-2018-19-season-james-dolan-says/8wuo0tt25qsd1urj7urx7mu8o

Even if he somehow came back very early (mid December, which I have seen nowhere) he would clearly be on a minutes limit and working into shape like every other player coming off a serious injury so his stats would be far from gaudy. Come on man, he shouldn't have been on your list. You know enough about injuries and basketball to know this. He does not belong on the list where you put him.
I guess will time will tell.  I just know he was jumping off of yachts a couple of weeks ago and looked just fine.  Now obviously jumping off a yacht and playing basketball aren't the same thing, but I still think it bodes well for the status of his rehab.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip