Author Topic: 2019 Eastern Conference All-Stars  (Read 2763 times)

2019 Eastern Conference All-Stars
« on: July 03, 2018, 06:26:14 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Just an early estimate. Criticism/predictions welcomed. My only 2 "hot takes" are that Ben Simmons and Jayson Tatum replace Lowry and one of Wall/Derozan/Kemba.

PG: Kyrie Irving, Ben Simmons, John Wall
SG: Bradley Beal, Victor Oladipo 
SF: Giannis, Gordon Hayward, Jayson Tatum
PF: Kevin Love, Al Horford
C: Joel Embiid, Kristaps Porzingis

Fringe: Derozan, Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker, Tyreke Evans
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

Re: 2019 Eastern Conference All-Stars
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 06:29:14 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Just an early estimate. Criticism/predictions welcomed. My only 2 "hot takes" are that Ben Simmons and Jayson Tatum replace Lowry and one of Wall/Derozan/Kemba.

Hopefully, Brown will be in contention at SG or SF.  If he continues improving as he has, he will be.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 06:33:00 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Porzingis probably won’t play enough to get the All Star nod.

Will be hard for Brown to make it. Al will probably have far fewer shot attempts, too, so he might not make it this year either. Would love to see Tatum make it, though.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 06:37:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Guard: Kyrie Irving
Guard: Jaylen Brown
Forward: Gordon Hayward
Forward: Jayson Tatum
Center: Al Horford

There's your Eastern Conference starters in the All-Star game.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 06:43:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I mean, the more I think about it the more I think Kyrie and Tatum/Hayward will be starters. Kyrie, Giannis, and Embiid are certain starters, leaving one guard and one forward left. With Porzingis very unlikely to play enough for All Star consideration, I think Hayward and, more likely, Tatum become the favorite to start for the forward position, with the other voted in as a reserve. The guard will probably come down to Derozan/Beal/Simmons.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 06:51:32 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
We have a chance to have 4 all stars next year, if we are no.1 in the east by some margin before all star break.

Irving, Hayward and Horford will most likely make it, Tatum have a good chance if he can average like 17ppg, he’s probably the 3rd best sf in the east already.

Outside the guys you mentioned, Blake Griffin and kris Middleton also have a chance if their team do well

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 07:34:29 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This thread illustrates how the balance of power is decidedly WC currently. They have the top5 players now it seems.  If Kawhi is traded to the EC, he starts.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 08:53:31 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I don't think Tatum will make it. He may deserve to but there will be others on smaller teams that stand out a bit more.

DeRozan will definitely make it. Middleton will also have a shot alongside him. Blake Griffin as well if he gets back to what he does well.

I predict we have 3 all stars max. 2 if Hayward takes his time recovering. However I do think we're gonna smash the East this year  ;D

On a sidenote, Cedi Osman for Most improved?

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 09:15:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think there is a real possibility that Irving is the only Celtic that makes the all star team.  I think Hayward is going to be brought along very slowly and the rest of the team is going to take stats from each other, such that there will be players with far better stats (many on good teams) that are more likely to make the team (that said I would project Irving and Horford with Hayward as an outside shot if he is healthier faster than I anticipate right now). 

Guaranteed barring injury - Irving, Giannis, Embiid, DeRozan, Wall, Oladipo
Likely barring injury - Simmons, Porzingis, Love, Griffin
Fighting for last 2 spots - Hayward, Horford, Tatum, Beal, Lowry, Drummond, Dragic, Middleton, Walker

There is always someone that comes out of nowhere as well, like Oladipo last year.  Maybe IT has a huge season, for example.  Maybe a rookie really impresses and just blitzes the stats. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 10:37:47 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think there is a real possibility that Irving is the only Celtic that makes the all star team.  I think Hayward is going to be brought along very slowly and the rest of the team is going to take stats from each other, such that there will be players with far better stats (many on good teams) that are more likely to make the team (that said I would project Irving and Horford with Hayward as an outside shot if he is healthier faster than I anticipate right now). 

Fighting for last 2 spots - Hayward, Horford, Tatum, Beal, Lowry, Drummond, Dragic, Middleton, Walker

There is always someone that comes out of nowhere as well, like Oladipo last year.  Maybe IT has a huge season, for example.  Maybe a rookie really impresses and just blitzes the stats.
I think even if the C's players take stats from each other, if they win enough games they are more likely to have 3 all stars than 1.

Remember when Atlanta was very good and got 4 all stars that one year? I expect next year's C's to win more games than that team.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 10:40:52 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

i thought it was a popularity contest, not a stats contest

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 10:51:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I think even if the C's players take stats from each other, if they win enough games they are more likely to have 3 all stars than 1.

Remember when Atlanta was very good and got 4 all stars that one year? I expect next year's C's to win more games than that team.
Sure odd year with a bunch of injuries.  There have been times where 60 win teams only have 1 all star as well. 

I projected 2, but think 3 will be a stretch unless Hayward comes back and doesn't lose a step almost from the start. 

I just don't think it is a given that the C's get more than 1 (Irving - obviously that presupposes he is healthy and plays enough games as well).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 10:57:46 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

If Kyle Korver averaging 9.2 PPG can make it into the Allstar with 3 other teammates... I think it is a possibility that we can at least have 2 or 3.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 11:47:00 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Guard: Kyrie Irving
Guard: Jaylen Brown
Forward: Gordon Hayward
Forward: Jayson Tatum
Center: Al Horford

There's your Eastern Conference starters in the All-Star game.

Nice lineup...but haven't they switched to that pick up game for good?  I didn't watch it last year because I feel a change like that destroys the meaning of the game.

So even if all five of our guys made it, some could be playing for the West...ugh.

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 01:06:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Wow you have Porzingas as more likely than Hayword and Horford despite the fact that he may even miss the entire season? Impressive.