Author Topic: Buy low on Kevin Love  (Read 3153 times)

Buy low on Kevin Love
« on: July 03, 2018, 01:29:17 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I personally think Lebron was to dominant for Love to ever find a groove in Cleveland.

If Cleveland is making him available, let’s offer them Smart on a sign-and-trade, Morris, Yabu, the LAC 1st and Boston 1st 2019.

A bunch of spare parts to us, but for Cleveland, they are gunna need all the building blocks they can get.

I think a dude like Love could really thrive in Coach Stevens system, and after Golden State added Cousins, we are gunna need another big to keep up with the arms race.

Re: Buy low on Kevin Love
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 01:36:33 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Maybe 5 years ago. He looked terrible in the playoffs. The cavs were like -18 when he played and +20 when he didn't play. He is so bad, we prob win game 7 had he not been in concussion protocol

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 02:10:46 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Absolutely not. Where's the guy going to play? Either you sit tatum and stunt his growth, or you bring him off the bench which he wouldn't like. You don't start him over AL. We don't need bigs. Come to think of it we don't actually have any holes at all.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 02:21:24 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
He still is on a 2 year/50 mill deal.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/kevin-love-6132/

That + the fact that he has declined the last couple of years scare me a bit. A stretch four of his size is no longer the rarity it used to be, and he has to play against stronger and bigger players than in the beginning of his career.

Still, he sure has skills. Is there a way to match contracts without giving up Smart?

edit: added link to his contract

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 02:47:53 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I’d like to see the Clippers try to turn Galinari into Love.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 11:05:13 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I'd like to see them try, considering Gallinari is still on the hook for 2 years... They would certainly have to throw something else at the Cavs for them to even consider it.

Love still has some value/production.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 11:13:18 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Love for Gallinari + Jerome Robinson + future first?  I think Cleveland can probably get better offers elsewhere.

I think Memphis is a better fit.  Parsons + Jaren Jackson Jr for Love + Korver.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 11:14:16 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Why in the world would you bail on Jaren Jackson for a potential Love rental?

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 11:15:11 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I'd like to see them try, considering Gallinari is still on the hook for 2 years... They would certainly have to throw something else at the Cavs for them to even consider it.

Love still has some value/production.

Oh, for sure they’d have to give Cleveland something in addition to Gallo.  But their contracts are tradable for each other and have the same time horizon.

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 11:21:07 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I think he certainly has value, but its tough to find a landing spot for him at the moment given how he's now mostly a offensive C.

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 11:33:00 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Heck, No, we don't want Mr. Softee aka Kevin Love!  He is about as tough as wet kleenex.

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 11:46:35 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I personally think Lebron was to dominant for Love to ever find a groove in Cleveland.

If Cleveland is making him available, let’s offer them Smart on a sign-and-trade, Morris, Yabu, the LAC 1st and Boston 1st 2019.

A bunch of spare parts to us, but for Cleveland, they are gunna need all the building blocks they can get.

I think a dude like Love could really thrive in Coach Stevens system, and after Golden State added Cousins, we are gunna need another big to keep up with the arms race.

Not entirely sold on the idea myself, as the poster, lol! Just throwing an idea out there as it is pretty clear we are in the midst of an arms race. Running it back is an option, as we have the deepest 15-man rostee, and playoff rotation. Is that enough to beat a 5 all-star starting lineup?

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 12:02:30 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Memphis wants to compete, and Love would be a great fit there. The Grizzlies were actively trying to trade their pick for a star before the draft. I also don't see Love walking from that team, it's not like he's going to have a ton of contenders chasing him next summer.

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 12:06:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Memphis wants to compete, and Love would be a great fit there. The Grizzlies were actively trying to trade their pick for a star before the draft. I also don't see Love walking from that team, it's not like he's going to have a ton of contenders chasing him next summer.
They were trying to trade the pick to move down a few spots, not trading out of the lottery entirely or to get a "star".

I also don't see him as a good fit with Gasol myself. Love at PF with a slower footed C isn't a recipe for success. Memphis had its most success playing a true stretch 4 in JaMychal Green so maybe it'd work but Green provided quickness and athleticism that Love really doesn't.

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 01:32:09 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I'm out on guys that can't play defense.  No thanks.  I pass.