Author Topic: Anthony Davis loses Cousins and Rondo.matter of time now until he wants out?  (Read 3424 times)

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I think Randle and Payton aren’t that big of a step down from Rondo and Cousins.

Sure the latter have the name recognition, but at this point in their careers, I don’t think they have the impact on winning games like some still believe.

Rondo is awesome. Say what you will, but his intelligence changes the way the game is played.

But Randle could be bad-ass next to AD and Mirotic. Absolutely terrorize the paint with them spacing it.

The defense could be better too, with Payton's length.

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Not that high on AD, he doesn't strike me as a competitive winning player, but more like Camelo+KD kind of player, if he wants to come sure, but won't miss him if he want to sign a MLE for GSW or joinning the Lakers

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Not that high on AD, he doesn't strike me as a competitive winning player, but more like Camelo+KD kind of player, if he wants to come sure, but won't miss him if he want to sign a MLE for GSW or joinning the Lakers

What do you think of Kyrie then

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
If Rondo was not signed to get Cousins, was he signed to get AD?

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

What are you saying? You would be okay with Davis signing for the MLE with GSW? That is ludicrous (I am not going to even address the KD mention)! They would then have 3 top 5 players with the other 3 (Thompson, Green, Cousins) making up another big 3 better than like 27 other teams in the NBA. Cousins will not be with GSW after his injury-plagued 'comeback' season so that signing shouldn't matter as much, but AD is the guy you give up [almost] all your assets for; he is that good!

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If AD signed with the Lakers or the Warriors we would never win a ring while he’s still in the league. This is a terrible assessment of AD based really on nothing
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
If AD signed with the Lakers or the Warriors we would never win a ring while he’s still in the league. This is a terrible assessment of AD based really on nothing

Players who haven't won a championship yet will never win a championship, apparently.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 12:41:02 PM by Big333223 »
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I see AD frustrated by team failure to re-sign Cousins.

Celtics and other teams pushing for free agency before draft. This would help Celtics a lot. They could re-sign Kyrie, then trade for Davis with a package most certainly to include the Kings pick before having to use it.

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Saw this morning he didnt want Cousins..he wanted Randle and got him..im thinking whatever Davis want, Davis will get
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Things can change