Author Topic: Anthony Davis loses Cousins and Rondo.matter of time now until he wants out?  (Read 3426 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
What do you think?

Ainge still has a lot of assets for The godfather offer

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
It'll be at least a year, but yes, he will now become available and West just got way harder to get through. Just hold course.

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I think given what those guys are/were likely to be losing them and adding Randle is arguably a net positive.

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
This year will be pivotal. Personally I think they will miss the playoffs. But not sure if hes a loyal KG type or will look for a way out..

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
It'll be at least a year, but yes, he will now become available and West just got way harder to get through. Just hold course.
in 2016 off season he said he'd give 2 years. Its been 2 years

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73

They made the playoffs last year and won a series.  Losing Boogie isn't much of a big deal as they were better and went further without him.  Rondo, on the other hand.  If they regress, he might start getting frustrated.

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
He recruited Randle to NO, so it might be next summer, unless half way through the season it's really going down hill.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

They made the playoffs last year and won a series.  Losing Boogie isn't much of a big deal as they were better and went further without him.  Rondo, on the other hand.  If they regress, he might start getting frustrated.
it's ok. New Orleans replaced rondo with this guy

https://youtu.be/DjM3bdMBmUo

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think Randle and Payton aren’t that big of a step down from Rondo and Cousins.

Sure the latter have the name recognition, but at this point in their careers, I don’t think they have the impact on winning games like some still believe.
CELTICS 2024

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Well, because of one of the stupidest rules I've ever heard of (Rose rule), we would have to wait until Kyrie re-signs next year to make a deal with NOP for Davis anyway...unless of course we trade Kyrie, but I don't want to go there right now.

Losing Cousins really shouldn't hurt NOP very much since they were better without him this season, but Rondo has proven to have an impact on winning. Payton seems like a perfect replacement for him, though.

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
It makes you think a little differently about the trade that brought Cousins to NO. At the time everyone crushed SAC over the trade, in hindsight they came out the winners.

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
If he does, LAL might be in similarly as good of a position as we are yet more desperate to acquire him if they can't land Kawhi.  Center is their one very weak position too.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
It seems likely he did not want to be with Cousins at all

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewDoak_WWL/status/1014205391121584131

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
This year will be pivotal. Personally I think they will miss the playoffs. But not sure if hes a loyal KG type or will look for a way out..

Whose loyal in todays NBA? If star players arent winning and franchises can't be competent enough to put talent around them why would they stay?

I think its a matter of time before Davis wants out. They already let Rondo walk when he was a huge part of that team.

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Yes, it's a matter of time now until he wants out and join the Lakers because he already has a mansion in LA.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)