Author Topic: JaVale McGee signs with LAL  (Read 4705 times)

Re: JaVale McGee signs with LAL
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 02:14:34 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
After multiple summers of failure, the Los Angeles Lakers have finally acquired a star free agent of their own and it's LeBron James, along with Lance Stephenson and 2x NBA champion JaVale McGee.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 02:20:26 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lakers Head coach Luke Walton and Lebron were in the same draft class.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 03:55:22 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Why Nick Young still isn't on this team?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 07:15:39 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Remember McGee locked down lebron for the few minutes he was there.  This is a move to prevent that

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 07:30:22 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Oh yeah? Well Boo Butt is fittin to sign with the Celtics.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 08:13:13 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Honest question.

How much cap space does LAL have left? Anyone know??

PAGING @SALT!!  :laugh:

I'm not Salty but by my math with KCP, James and Randles hold still on the books they have none. Of course if they rescind Randle QO that woudl open some up, something like 10 million ish I think. Next year they would have about 24 million if they go with 1 year deals, 42 if they trade deng and about 35 if they stretch him.

TP and thanks!

I thought Lance and McGee each signed with an exception though?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2018, 09:03:03 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Honest question.

How much cap space does LAL have left? Anyone know??

PAGING @SALT!!  :laugh:

I'm not Salty but by my math with KCP, James and Randles hold still on the books they have none. Of course if they rescind Randle QO that woudl open some up, something like 10 million ish I think. Next year they would have about 24 million if they go with 1 year deals, 42 if they trade deng and about 35 if they stretch him.

TP and thanks!

I thought Lance and McGee each signed with an exception though?

I was offline most of yesterday afternoon.  I know Lance signed with the room exception.  I assume JaVale signed for the minimum, which is also an exception, but I don’t know.

The Lakers can keep Randle’s cap hold, or they can renounce him and create some more space.  They might have a million or two more than that — again, I haven’t been able to pay attention to everything.

I expect they will hold onto Randle and wait for him to sign the QO.  This let’s them keep a productive player for this season, but also kee cap space open for Kawhi next year.

EDIT: Anytime I say “sign” above I mean “agree to”.

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2018, 09:05:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The First coat tail player to sign for LeBron.   There will be more.  Hopefully, they sign Reddick, too.

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2018, 09:27:51 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
This "build the most toxic team possible" chart needs to be revisited and revised. Lonzo + Lavar. certainly needs to be added. I'm thinking he's at least in the $3 range already.

Lakers already have LeBron, McGee, and Lance. and they're considering Cousins. Love it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efuym4h2huzmkxp/nba%20toxic%20chart.jpg?dl=0

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2018, 09:32:08 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
This "build the most toxic team possible" chart needs to be revisited and revised. Lonzo + Lavar. certainly needs to be added. I'm thinking he's at least in the $3 range already.

Lakers already have LeBron, McGee, and Lance. and they're considering Cousins. Love it.

Gah... Link isn't working  :(

Oh this is sooo good! They will be the all drama team. It will look good for the first 2-3 months than it will come crashing down and Lebron will be throwing them all under the bus. Can't wiat, please add Cousins to the all knuckle head/cry baby team bahahaha!

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2018, 09:37:24 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

Oh this is sooo good! They will be the all drama team. It will look good for the first 2-3 months than it will come crashing down and Lebron will be throwing them all under the bus. Can't wiat, please add Cousins to the all knuckle head/cry baby team bahahaha!
Just added a direct link in case the original upload wasn't working.

Yeah lol I can't take credit for the original, but we should start a thread and remake the chart for sure. Now more than ever.  ;D

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2018, 10:00:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Look on the bright side, when LeBron comes to a team they do better but then we he leaves they are a trainwreck as he will demand bad deals to get his team he wants.   This is why CLE is paying JR Smith 16 million a year.   He will join a team and gut it.  LA is going to suffer for years and not win anything.

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2018, 10:41:30 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

Just added a direct link in case the original upload wasn't working.

Yeah lol I can't take credit for the original, but we should start a thread and remake the chart for sure. Now more than ever.  ;D

Was just working on a new version of the Build a Toxic NBA Team Table. Opinions are welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qexfbd5dqdb3o9z/Build%20the%20Most%20Toxic%20NBA%20Team%202018.png?dl=0

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2018, 05:38:27 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Wait til its a big playoff game vs GSW and Javale gets rebound on offense and runs it back out with game tied! Lebron’s head will explode a second time like with Smith.

Rondo next? Sign and trade Randle for Love 😁

LOL- Rondo signed today! I called it....Hope Love is not next :)