Author Topic: With George/Lebron gone and Kawhi unlikely, Philly should trade for Love  (Read 3680 times)

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
New Orleans should trade for Love. Mirotic, a young guy, filler, and a pick. Love rebounds and shoots well, making him a nice fit next to AD

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
New Orleans should trade for Love. Mirotic, a young guy, filler, and a pick. Love rebounds and shoots well, making him a nice fit next to AD
I'd rather have Mirotić at half the price. Plays better D, still spreads the floor for AD and others.
This team is already in CAP swamp, without much room left for moves.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I don't see the point in that for Cleveland.  Sure dropping contracts would make a lot of sense for them, but you don't just drop Love for some future asset.  He is too valuable for that.

Now Korver is a guy that would make a lot of sense to move to Philly.  With the Sixers losing Bellineli and Ilyasova, they could use a shooter, so why not have Korver come back to the place that started his career.  A lesser asset for Korver works and if Philly wants to save some cap space, they can trade Bayless who they are trying to buy out.

Something like Bayless and Korkmaz for Korver.  Gives the Cavs a young player and saves them at least the buy out of Korver next summer.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Philly will resign JR and if they were smart they would get another SG that can shoot and a combo guard that can shoot. Their starting line-up is to big to stay with the speed in the NBA. Stop playing Simmons at PG and instead move him Point Forward with 2 real guards in the back court. Right now in the NBA you have to have guards that can shoot!

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Philly will resign JR and if they were smart they would get another SG that can shoot and a combo guard that can shoot. Their starting line-up is to big to stay with the speed in the NBA. Stop playing Simmons at PG and instead move him Point Forward with 2 real guards in the back court. Right now in the NBA you have to have guards that can shoot!
I'd start Fultz, Redick, Simmons, Saric, and Embiid next year and move Covington to the bench.  That would give them 2 guards with Simmons, as well as another ball handler in Fultz, but still allow Simmons to lead the offense (since Fultz is more a scorer than distributor).  Assuming Fultz gets his shot figured out that would also provide plenty of floor spacing for Simmons lack of an outside shot and give them all sorts of mismatches offensively and defensively I'm not sure they would lose much as I think Simmons would be better guarding SF's. 

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I hope they do we would destroy them even more with Love's poor D.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I feel like Saric plays best in a similar manner to Love and he had some issues when Embiid/Simmons were both on the floor. Wouldn't Love have similar issues?

I guess I'm just down on Love's chance to be a huge difference maker no matter the fit, I think the 76ers are better off keeping Saric and other assets to make a bigger upgrade at the wing.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Isn't Philly pushing it all in to trade for Kawhi?

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Not sure why Philly would want Love. He won't make them a contender. Better to keep your young prospects and cap space IMO.

Offline sirnastee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
I think Cavs don't have a first round pick next year because of the Korver trade a few years ago.  So, tanking is not in their interest. 

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I think Cavs don't have a first round pick next year because of the Korver trade a few years ago.  So, tanking is not in their interest.

It’s top 10 protected so they can tank

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
They should try and get Kawhi, if that doesn't work out then maintain cap space for next summer. They have a real shot at someone like Klay Thompson. There are going to be plenty of options for them next year.

What they definitely should not do is trade for a lesser star this year.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think Saric is just about as good as Love. About the same on offense, Love a much better rebounder but Saric won't break your defense as often as Love does. Not much in it.

I don't think Love would fare any better in Philly playing behind Embiid and Simmons than he did next to LeBron.

I don't think guys like Love are what Philly needs = by that I mean, guys who cannot play defense and fit into their defensive concepts. Philly needs better team players who will enable and grow their defense. Not hurt it and hold them back.

Love needs to go elsewhere.

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Philly continues to be the biggest loser of the offseason.

Not sure Love is the answer though. Not sure if he is a good fit on that team. He does give Philly some shooting though that they desperately need for their poor spacing.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

It’s top 10 protected so they can tank
Cavs are better off giving up the pick next year then having it transfer to be future season