Author Topic: With George/Lebron gone and Kawhi unlikely, Philly should trade for Love  (Read 3686 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Philly should go after Love hard now. I think they should be able to simply absorb Love into their cap space with a few simple moves, and it should really only cost them something like the Miami pick and maybe one or two of their lesser young prospects. That'd save Cleveland quite a bit of money, allow them to tank this year, and also get them some nice rebuilding pieces for the future.

Love the fit of Love in Philly.

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
yup. Love would be like Saric on steroids. Their best bet is surround Simmons with shooters and Love is still one of the best in the league. I think if he actually stays in Cleveland he'll remind people just how good he is, probably put up 23 and 14 or something crazy

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Said this in the Lebron to LA thread. I think it'd make sense for them.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Another Wiggins for Love trade may make sense again LOL

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Philly should stay the course.  Love doesn't move the needle for them.  Certainly wouldn't give up the Miami 1st for him. 

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Philly should stay the course.  Love doesn't move the needle for them.  Certainly wouldn't give up the Miami 1st for him.

Philly has other picks or young players to make an interesting offer to Cleveland. It doesn't have to be the primo assets.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Reminds me of the summer when Kevin Love rumors dominated the C's rumor cycle.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930

Philly has other picks or young players to make an interesting offer to Cleveland. It doesn't have to be the primo assets.

Yeah, that was really just a guess on my part; I honestly have no clue what it would take to get him. Don't overpay, but a reasonable offer for him would be well worth their while given his terrific potential fit there.

I think Bradley would also be a really good fit there, even just on a one year deal to rehab his value. He'd be a great fit to help try and contain Kyrie in the playoffs.

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Love makes 25M.  Getting Love would mean losing Redick.  If I'm the Sixers. I'd much rather have Redick and Saric. 

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
such a trade is at least plausible. philly lost in five games to a celtic team that was missing its two best players. next year can't look too attractive to them if they trot out the same team...which they won't since belinelli and others will be gone.

philly has to do something or be left behind. love may not be the answer, but it gives the team a better chance.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
I think the cavs will look to unload love. he is about the only asset they have right now. they are saddled with bad contracts like JR smith and Tristin Thompson thanks to Lebron

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I think the cavs will look to unload love. he is about the only asset they have right now. they are saddled with bad contracts like JR smith and Tristin Thompson thanks to Lebron

That is JR Smith's team right now! LOL

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think he’d just eat into Saric minutes. I’d prefer to play Saric more not less.

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Another Wiggins for Love trade may make sense again LOL

LOL I said that a couple weeks ago in an other thread....

It actually does make really good sense for both teams. Gets Cleveland young and gives the Wolves a really good PF next to Towns who can spread the floor and board....

Front court D is going to be crap! LOL

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
such a trade is at least plausible. philly lost in five games to a celtic team that was missing its two best players. next year can't look too attractive to them if they trot out the same team...which they won't since belinelli and others will be gone.

philly has to do something or be left behind. love may not be the answer, but it gives the team a better chance.
Love is most definitely not the answer.  Philly isn't in a win now mode like Toronto is.  They should develop Embiid. Simmons and their other young players while being the 2nd or 3rd best team in the East.  Then they can try again for a Max free agent next offseason.