Author Topic: Lebron to Lakers  (Read 15419 times)

Re: Lebron to Lakers
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2018, 11:48:22 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Boy what’s left of the Cavs fans here in Ohio are salty...not toward James but toward the Celtics.

Why the C's? From the forums I read most seemed angry at the Lakers.

« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2018, 12:03:09 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
LeBron going to have a movie out in LA. Its going to b called "Me, Myself & I"
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2018, 12:43:59 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Right now i say Lakers 7th best team in west behind
GS
Houston
Utah
San Antonio
Denver
Minnesota

Now if they get Cousins, Leonard & Reddick i say 4th
I think they are behind Oklahoma City and possibly New Orleans and Portland as well.  This notion that, right now, they will assuredly make the playoffs seems strange to me.  They probably make the playoffs, but I wouldn't feel all that great about it if I was a Lakers fan.

And seriously how funny would it be if the Lakers missed the playoffs and the Cavs made them. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2018, 01:09:02 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
GS
Houston
Utah
San Antonio
Denver
Minnesota

I think they are behind Oklahoma City and possibly New Orleans and Portland as well.  This notion that, right now, they will assuredly make the playoffs seems strange to me.  They probably make the playoffs, but I wouldn't feel all that great about it if I was a Lakers fan.

And seriously how funny would it be if the Lakers missed the playoffs and the Cavs made them.

True...and with the young former Lakers leading the way with Nance and Clarkson..LOL
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2018, 01:53:19 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
GS
Houston
Utah
San Antonio
Denver
Minnesota

With the way the Pelicans played at the end they are in.  Going to be a war.

GS
Houston
Denver
LA
NO
Minnesota
San Antonio
OKC
Utah
Portland

"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2018, 02:39:06 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
GS
Houston
Utah
San Antonio
Denver
Minnesota

With the way the Pelicans played at the end they are in.  Going to be a war.

GS
Houston
Denver
LA
NO
Minnesota
San Antonio
OKC
Utah
Portland
I'm not sure I'd count out the Clippers either.  The West has a lot of good teams, but really at this point (assuming Kawhi leaves) only has 2 championship level teams.  Those good teams are going to battle all season long and I wouldn't be overly surprised at any of them finishing in 3rd or missing the playoffs entirely. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2018, 02:50:55 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I'm not understanding the seismic shift of LeBron going to the Lakers, other than leaving the East. Does LeBron joining the Lakers even have a ripple effect in the West? There's probably a good chance that the Lakers don't even make the playoffs. LeBron's recent Cavaliers team looks like an All NBA team compared to this current Lakers roster.

« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2018, 02:54:06 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Right now Cavs are better than LA

« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2018, 02:54:51 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
GS
Houston
Utah
San Antonio
Denver
Minnesota

YEA i forgot bout OKC

« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2018, 02:55:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Cavs are 500-1 to win the title, lakers are 5-1, but I am intrigued by this.

« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2018, 02:58:41 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders

Cavs are 500-1 to win the title, lakers are 5-1, but I am intrigued by this.
Who else Lakers got instead of Lebron?? Same bad team as last year with now McGee and Lance lol  wow!!

« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2018, 02:59:46 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I love the way LeBron is supposedly chasing something "bigger than [a ring]". So let me get this straight:

He couldn't win in his home Cleveland, blames teammates, conspires with buddies to win in Miami instead and leaves. Because nobody should have to sweat more than 5 years playing for their hometown and not winning it all.

Miami wins, 'cause he's got prime Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.

Once that ship has sailed, peace out, he comes back to Cleveland for all the praise of coming home. Coincidentally they got two #1 picks in the meantime.

Cleveland provides multiple All-Stars Kyrie Irving & Kevin Love. They win 1 title together, but LeBron drives Kyrie out of town, plays GM, then blames his teammates who include (still) Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, Kyle Korver, George Hill, Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance -- all of whom were starters or above average reserves on other teams.

Now that's he gutted Cleveland's roster & lost in The Finals again, he leaves for a 35-win team who's two best big men are free agents, 'cause Los Angeles.

His entire career indicates he's not winning anything without two first rate All-Stars on his team. He has none. He's going to be 34 years old for most of this season. He doesn't play defense in the playoffs, and he's joining a team full of young guys who can't play defense. This is supposed to get him out of the West, likely playing on the road all playoffs.

Ah yes, and don't forget JR Smith was part of the CLE debacle... so naturally we're going to sign up Lance Stephenson and Javale McGee. It would be funny if it wasn't real.

Riiiiight. I miss the Kobe days.

« Reply #192 on: July 02, 2018, 03:03:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I'm not understanding the seismic shift of LeBron going to the Lakers, other than leaving the East. Does LeBron joining the Lakers even have a ripple effect in the West? There's probably a good chance that the Lakers don't even make the playoffs. LeBron's recent Cavaliers team looks like an All NBA team compared to this current Lakers roster.

The vegas shift to 7:1 for Lakers has factored in the expectation that Kawhi will be joining Lebron there, just a matter of time.  Certainly more like than not that he will be a Laker, if not this season, the following season.

« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2018, 11:00:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Looks like LeBron James got a mural "King of LA" on the side of a Venice restaurant.

Sheesh, hasn't even played one minute for the Lakers and he already the "king of LA". There are the LeBron fans, there are the Lakers fans, and then there are the Kobe fans. Fascinating in Hollywood.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2018, 11:03:37 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Wow, Magic waited a whole hour in his car before his meeting to talk to Lebron about joining the Lakers. 

I am so impressed by the sacrifices the great ones will make.  LOL.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24061611/magic-johnson-waited-1-hour-car-courting-lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers