Author Topic: Summer 2018 Rumored Moves  (Read 53527 times)

Re: Summer 2018 Rumored Moves
« Reply #300 on: July 04, 2018, 11:51:03 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
If Kawhi is interested in the sixers,  why the hell wouldn't he be interested in the Celtics?   I would get it if it was a weather thing, but philly and boston, what's the difference?

« Reply #301 on: July 04, 2018, 12:00:08 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
If Kawhi is interested in the sixers,  why the hell wouldn't he be interested in the Celtics?   I would get it if it was a weather thing, but philly and boston, what's the difference?

I thought I read somewhere he has family in Philly.

« Reply #302 on: July 04, 2018, 01:18:26 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
Sources: The Boston Celtics and Marcus Smart have had good dialogue on a new deal. Still not there, but neither side is in a rush. With cap space drying up around the league, it lessens need to rush to a new contract.

« Reply #303 on: July 04, 2018, 02:31:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
Sources: The Boston Celtics and Marcus Smart have had good dialogue on a new deal. Still not there, but neither side is in a rush. With cap space drying up around the league, it lessens need to rush to a new contract.

Dante Exum signed for $11M per season, so I'm thinking Smart is demanding that typa money.

C's could give him a 1-year/$11M deal. If he demands more he is out. His shooting/offensive game has been disappointing to me so he shouldn't demand for more lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #304 on: July 04, 2018, 02:43:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA

Dante Exum signed for $11M per season, so I'm thinking Smart is demanding that typa money.

C's could give him a 1-year/$11M deal. If he demands more he is out. His shooting/offensive game has been disappointing to me so he shouldn't demand for more lol.

Honestly, I'd gladly give him 3/33M, or 4/40M.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #305 on: July 04, 2018, 05:57:13 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA

I don’t think they are allowed to do exactly that.  They can offer the QO or match other teams’ offers.

« Reply #306 on: July 04, 2018, 06:00:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA

I don’t think they are allowed to do exactly that.  They can offer the QO or match other teams’ offers.

No, they can sign him to any contract allowable with Bird rights.

« Reply #307 on: July 04, 2018, 06:01:40 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA

Honestly, I'd gladly give him 3/33M, or 4/40M.

I’m rooting for 5/$58M.

« Reply #308 on: July 06, 2018, 10:05:27 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #310 on: July 06, 2018, 10:07:37 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

https://twitter.com/BlazersBySagar/status/1014997223795376129

Doubt that would happen... Why would he even take the Q/O? Unless he wants out from the Rockets. Taking Q/O really limits what financial avenues Rockets can sign him to.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #313 on: July 06, 2018, 10:12:25 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

https://twitter.com/BlazersBySagar/status/1014997223795376129

Doubt that would happen... Why would he even take the Q/O? Unless he wants out from the Rockets. Taking Q/O really limits what financial avenues Rockets can sign him to.

It’s a negotiating ploy right now.  There is no market this year for him, so Capela’s agent is reminding the Rockets there could be a very large market for him next year, and to give him offers this summer that reflect next year’s market.