Author Topic: Paul George ESPN special announced  (Read 3197 times)

Paul George ESPN special announced
« on: June 25, 2018, 03:03:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/06/paul-georges-offseason-to-be-featured-in-three-part-sportscenter-series/

Saw this broke online from an LA reporter, hard to imagine this doesn't end with him going to LA? I don't think he would do a documentary if he was just resigning in the same place?

Re: Paul George ESPN special announced
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 03:08:27 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
It’s all speculation right now. Some say he might stay in OKC.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 04:05:59 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/06/paul-georges-offseason-to-be-featured-in-three-part-sportscenter-series/

Saw this broke online from an LA reporter, hard to imagine this doesn't end with him going to LA? I don't think he would do a documentary if he was just resigning in the same place?
Interesting point, TP.  That would be a pretty anti-climactic ending.  The third episode is supposed to be after his signing is announced.  Who would want to watch that episode of some guy going back to the same team that was hardly a contender last year?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 04:10:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Interesting point, TP.  That would be a pretty anti-climactic ending.  The third episode is supposed to be after his signing is announced.  Who would want to watch that episode of some guy going back to the same team that was hardly a contender last year?

Yea it is crazy a week from now these guys will probably be on different teams.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 04:17:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I swear, ESPN is just trying and praying that Lebron-Kawhi-George team up in LA  ::)

Just watch, if it doesn't happen (the trio going to LA this summer), ESPN will be depressed lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 04:26:47 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Special guest his future teammate LeBron James .

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Lebron and PG in LA is a given, IMO. The only question is if CP goes with them, or if they wait a year and get Kawhi.

Unlike GSW, a 4 man superteam looks impossible there. None of them are going for cheap. I think ultimately, CP will stay in Houston.

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 04:30:11 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Sounds like he LA bound

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 04:51:19 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Eh, I don't think this has anything to do with what his decision will be.

It's the doldrums of summer where there's not a lot of sports stuff to report on.  ESPN just needs anything to fill the air.  Sure, ESPN is hoping he'll switch teams, that's a juicer story, but it's still good enough content even if he stays with OKC.

I'm imagining part 3 will be like The Book of Isaiah, just produced by ESPN.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 04:51:30 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Lebron and PG in LA is a given, IMO. The only question is if CP goes with them, or if they wait a year and get Kawhi.

Unlike GSW, a 4 man superteam looks impossible there. None of them are going for cheap. I think ultimately, CP will stay in Houston.
They can only get Kawhi in a trade now since they will have nil space to sign him next yr if PG and LeBrick are with the fakers.. Spurs will also not held on to him for a full yr without playing hence he either plays for the Spurs or gets traded out  East where the Spurs want him.

Really this drama with Kawhi will be thestory of summer.. Lebron and PG free agency is boring since we all know theyd go to LA.

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 05:04:54 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

They can only get Kawhi in a trade now since they will have nil space to sign him next yr if PG and LeBrick are with the fakers.. Spurs will also not held on to him for a full yr without playing hence he either plays for the Spurs or gets traded out  East where the Spurs want him.

Really this drama with Kawhi will be thestory of summer.. Lebron and PG free agency is boring since we all know theyd go to LA.
which is bad it means Kawhi is prob going to the Sixers
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 05:45:54 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I actually think PG will end up as the bigger impact of this summer.  We’re hearing he might stay in OKC on a 1+1 deal so just another season there.  BUT in that case, it makes LBJ’s decision tougher.  As far as Kawhi goes, SAS could concievably not trade him until the deadline.  They certainly have NO motivation to facilitate the making of a super-team in their own conference, probably less motivation than losing him for nothing.

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 06:20:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

which is bad it means Kawhi is prob going to the Sixers

Or us?

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 08:15:51 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Let em ALL go to LA.

Will make future victories against them much sweeter.

I reminisce about the days where Larry stated that "he cried maybe three times in his life and they were all because of Magic......."

What loss hurt more to him as a player: Magic in the garden with the hook or Magic in the NCAA Championship game:
"Jesus. Well I've cried three times my whole life and all three of them was because Magic did something to me. Probably college. The hook, if I remember I played it right, he came across the middle and Kevin (McHale) and Robert (Parrish) came after him and I thought he was going to pass it to (Kareem-Abdul) Jabaar because out of the corner of my eye I saw Kareem slip to the basket and I thought he was going to go in for a dunk because he was open. Actually it was a pretty lucky shot if you really get down to it."

https://deadspin.com/5881817/larry-bird-has-only-cried-three-times-in-his-life-and-each-time-was-because-of-magic

PLEASE basketball gods LET LeBron, PG13, Kawhi....heck bring Kareem out of retirement, LOL..........

LET EM ALL go to LA!

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2018, 08:39:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I wouldn't exactly call a three-part SportCenter series as an ESPN Special, but that's just me :-\.