Poll

Would You?

Yes. He's A Big Headcase & A Clown And/Or I'd Much Rather Simply Re-Sign Baynes. Keep Him Away From Here!
29 (43.9%)
No. I'd Take The Gamble And Hope He Can Contribute Well To A Title Run
37 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Hypothetically, If We Signed Dwight Howard To Minimum, Would You Be Upset?  (Read 10515 times)

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Do we really want him? Even at the minimum?

He’s been an issue in the locker room nearly his entire career and his teams have underperformed since that 2009 Finals run (fluke).

He shouldn’t start over Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford. Do you think he would be ok with a reserve role or an occasional DNP-CD? I think he would become malcontent pretty quickly. We don’t need him.

Baynes knows his role, is a great bench/locker room presence, and still opens up some minutes for Williams. Howard is still a diva.
CELTICS 2024

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Cs have made it a point to rid themselves of me first/bad teammate guys over the past couple. Howard is not a fit in that locker room. He's not worth poisoning all you young guys.

He's an unlikable dude.

Also, very doubtful he signs for vet minimum.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I don't want him.

If Ainge and Stevens meet with him and decide he'll be ok and he'll accept a bench role, then I'll give him a chance to prove me wrong. But based on what I know about his presence in the locker room I don't want him.

If he were to come, I don't want him displacing anyone in the starting lineup. Maybe he's the first or second player off the bench, but he has to know that his role is to be a rich man's Aron Baynes. Set hard picks, rebound, protect the rim, and he'd better be good at those things because he can't shoot the mid range shot Baynes can. Obviously he'll be better around the rim but Howard changes the spacing a little.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I hope he doesn't come at the vet min because you would have to think that GSW or HOU (if they lose Capela) would be much more intriguing options since he would likely start.

If we lose Baynes and Howard wants to jump on board, I would be okay with it - assuming he knows what he would be getting into.

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Howard is better than Baynes..now headwise baynes is better
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
No, if he causes problems they can just waive him.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I hope he doesn't come at the vet min because you would have to think that GSW or HOU (if they lose Capela) would be much more intriguing options since he would likely start.

If we lose Baynes and Howard wants to jump on board, I would be okay with it - assuming he knows what he would be getting into.

I’m pretty sure there’s no chance Houston takes him back. There were some burned bridges with Harden.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Vet min.   I might do it.

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
No, if he causes problems they can just waive him.

Yep, that's my primary thinking too.

I’m pretty sure there’s no chance Houston takes him back. There were some burned bridges with Harden.

LOL yeah I highly doubt Howard goes to Houston or LAL again.  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If brad wants him I would take him... so simple... and talentwise he is a great upgrade from baynes... my opinion.. If someone can make him play for a team it is brad

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
If Brad/Danny say yes, then I support the leadership of this team!   Set that screen and roll baby.   Maybe Hayward accepts a 6th man of the year award in the process.   

Finnish the game with

Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, AL and Hayward...   

Smart, Rozier, Morris

They all get 30 minutes....    #18!   
Diggles

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think Howard can keep it together for one year, but I'd rather not.

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Don't want Howard - he has reportedly become a locker room cancer on his last few stops. Not sure when or why he soured on teammates or basketball in general. Great player whose decline has been ugly. Hoping Williams gets those minutes anyway.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
If Brad/Danny say yes, then I support the leadership of this team!   Set that screen and roll baby.   Maybe Hayward accepts a 6th man of the year award in the process.   

Finnish the game with

Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, AL and Hayward...   

Smart, Rozier, Morris

They all get 30 minutes....    #18!   

Bring back Baynes too and suddenly you have an elite backcourt AND frontcourt  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'd love me some Dwight Howard.

On the Cavs, right?