Author Topic: Ainge: summer blockbuster trade for C’s is unlikely  (Read 4760 times)

Re: Ainge: summer blockbuster trade for C’s is unlikely
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2018, 11:12:01 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't see the Celtics as having real incentive to deal, though I'm sure they are concerned with what Philly will do, with all their cap space. The Sixers must get one of these three: Lebron, George or Leonard, if they are to contend with the Celtics. They couldn't beat them in the playoffs even with Irving and Hayward absent, so they need another weapon.

The other possibility is if Lebron signs with the Cavs, and they somehow are able to sign and trade for another major player. That would also put them on par with the Celtics.

That 7th game in Boston against the Cavs was a fluke. If Boston had won that game, the media would view them differently now. I think they are a much more serious contender now than they were during last season.

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2018, 11:12:46 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I can live with just running it back this year. Make a few minor changes. No need to blow up the entire thing for Kawhi.

I wonder was Wanamaker signed to take Larkin's place or in the event Smart leaves he can step in. He's 6'4 and looks like a physically superior athlete to Larkin.

Williams gives us something we haven't in....forever. A big  athletic rim protector, who doesn't need the ball. Aka...Deandre Jordan comes too mind.

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2018, 11:27:23 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I can live with just running it back this year. Make a few minor changes. No need to blow up the entire thing for Kawhi.

I wonder was Wanamaker signed to take Larkin's place or in the event Smart leaves he can step in. He's 6'4 and looks like a physically superior athlete to Larkin.

Williams gives us something we haven't in....forever. A big  athletic rim protector, who doesn't need the ball. Aka...Deandre Jordan comes too mind.

Wanamaker was signed to replace Larkin and Nader.

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2018, 11:34:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Wanamaker was signed to replace Larkin and Nader.

I won't miss Larkin getting posted up or Nader not playing D at all.   I hope he can bring the same change of pace as Larkin who was good at that.