Author Topic: 2019 way to early mock draft  (Read 4772 times)

Re: 2019 way to early mock draft
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 03:16:14 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I want to emphasize and run the official Nasir Little hype train.

This guy is going to be a problem in the future. He improved his ball handling, fine tuned his jab steps, his jumper looks way better than before.

I take him over Reddish personally. He's also in the gifted program and is in honors.

He locked down Zion multiple times on plays, and literally took him out of the game at times. I think that is my main issue with Zion, when he isn't leaping to the hoop for lobs, or making post plays near the free throw line, he's virtually non-existent offensively. He really needs to fix and work on his jump shot to have a shot. You can only get so far in the NBA based on athleticism.
Zion is Julius randle 2.0 to me. Possibly worse cuz randle has a jumper. It isn't a great one though
Zion is wayyy more athletic than Randle

Agreed, they don't really play that much similar. Randle is more of a bruiser. Zion is a higher flyer with play making potential. Zion apparently weighs 20 extra pounds more, but he seems to have lift from way beyond lol.

I like Zion though. I think defenses will have to keep an second eye on him, because he can take off from almost anywhere.

But honestly, I see no use for Zion on our team anymore, although getting him would make our team a lot more exciting. I think Robert Williams can provide everything he does, and better defense.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 04:51:57 AM »

Offline DarrenTillis

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
They have C's picking at #2 and choosing Nassir Little, who to me is the #1 prospect in college, even ahead of R.J. Barrett.  He was the MVP of the McDonald's game and has been drawing Kawhi Leonard comparisons.

Hey welcome to the boards! TP for you!  ;D

And I didn't see that, I did check out the Kentucky blog, and they do they have us at 2nd, picking Nasir Little.

But other than that, every other mock draft has around the 7th spot.

Either way, hopefully we can draft Nasir, although I'll be surprised if he goes 2nd. Most scouts/people seem to be enamored with Reddish.

Thanks!  Long time lurker/first time poster.

If you are planning to run the Little hype train, then I will gladly buy a ticket.  He will get at least 2 H2H games against Barrett and Reddish next season, so that will be must see TV.

As to Sac, I think they really helped us by taking Bagley over Doncic.  Bagley may well average a double-double as a rookie, but I doubt that he will have the same positive impact on Sac's record that Doncic might have. 

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 12:42:48 PM »

Offline DarrenTillis

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
A footnote on the ESPN mock I neglected to mention: It projects that the Memphis and LAC picks will not convey and that the C's will select Tyus Battle with their own 1st round pick. 

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2018, 12:59:05 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
A footnote on the ESPN mock I neglected to mention: It projects that the Memphis and LAC picks will not convey and that the C's will select Tyus Battle with their own 1st round pick.

Not surprised, ESPN has been quite incompetent for some time now. Sometimes I feel that they have an internal dislike for the Celtics.

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 02:24:32 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Another possible elite wing prospect to keep an eye on is the international player Sekou starting to show up in many top 5 mock drafts.

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 02:33:23 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
We might end up with 4 1st round picks next year if things fall the right way...  My head is spinning with the possibilities.  So for now I'll just pretend it's not a thing and root for Robert Williams to pan out big time!!

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2018, 02:38:49 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Tankathon is up with their 2019 mock simulator.

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 03:01:07 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Tankathon is up with their 2019 mock simulator.

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft
no surprise they have reddish #1. He’s a better shooter and defender than Barrett, and longer
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 03:08:55 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2018, 03:09:39 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
We might end up with 4 1st round picks next year if things fall the right way...  My head is spinning with the possibilities.  So for now I'll just pretend it's not a thing and root for Robert Williams to pan out big time!!
We don't have room for 4 prospects and next year's draft is considered weaker at this point.  I'd prefer the Memphis pick to rollover to 2021 when it becomes unprotected.  Probably need to go ahead and get the Clippers pick because I don't want chance it rolling over to a 2nd rounder. 

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2018, 03:18:32 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
We don't have room for 4 prospects and next year's draft is considered weaker at this point.  I'd prefer the Memphis pick to rollover to 2021 when it becomes unprotected.  Probably need to go ahead and get the Clippers pick because I don't want chance it rolling over to a 2nd rounder.
next year isn’t considered weaker. Source?

How could you gauge the strength of a draft a year before it happens? And how did that super strong draft of 2014 work out?

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2018, 03:32:48 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Star with Jonathan Givony but every time I hear it mentioned in podcasts it is referred to as weak. 

Here's a Givony tweat from a few months ago. 
Surprise? Word on the street is Daniel Gafford (#16 in the ESPN Top 100) is heavily considering going back to Arkansas next season. Nothing final yet, but seems to be heading in that direction. 2018 is loaded with big men, while 2019 looks very weak right now (at every position).
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/978327598567653379

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2018, 03:36:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Star with Jonathan Givony but every time I hear it mentioned in podcasts it is referred to as weak. 

Surprise? Word on the street is Daniel Gafford (#16 in the ESPN Top 100) is heavily considering going back to Arkansas next season. Nothing final yet, but seems to be heading in that direction. 2018 is loaded with big men, while 2019 looks very weak right now (at every position).
fair enough

But 2014 was supposed to be strong and all we got was embiid, and that’s about it. Wiggins overpaid, Parker about to be a journeyman, and exum:randle/smart/vonleh/McDermott/stauskas are either bench fodder

And does draft depth really matter to us? We will be picking at the top. Since it isn't deep, its top heavy.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 03:45:20 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2018, 04:06:44 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I've followed some of the prospects at the top 12, like Nasir, Reddish, Bassey, Barrett, and etc. They all project to have nice careers, Nasir, Reddish, and Barrett/Zion could become household names. I actually think this draft is going to have some sleepers.

Also, trust me when I say this nicely. Bol Bol will not have a long career, and I honestly think he's going to be a bust. A lot can change in an NBA prospect, so I wouldn't count him out, but boy oh boy does he just not look that great on the floor. If he wasn't like over 7'3, he wouldn't have any business being on the court.

My top 5 favorite draftees in no order:
Nasir Little
Cam Reddish
Sekou Doumbouya
Jontay Porter (If he can prove to reach his ceiling, and lower body fat %)
De'Andre Hunter

Barrett is clearly up there, but I'm not convinced his game is going to translate that well into the NBA. Then again, we've seen the same skeptics judge Tatum for his low 3P %.

I also like Luka Samanic. I think he'll be one of the sleepers in this draft. Same goes for E.J. Montgomery, who'll be alongside Bassey in the loaded frontcourt at Kentucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzJUocedk8Q Sekou's International highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxWchEpXe4g Luka Samanic's MVP at FIBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca8QK-u2rnw&t=434s Nasir Little's McDonald MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eQVNLzmZ_8 Cam Reddish

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:12:09 PM by Monkhouse »

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2018, 04:25:35 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

How could you gauge the strength of a draft a year before it happens? And how did that super strong draft of 2014 work out?
That's what scouts and draft experts do.  They've been watching the 2019 talent for years and seen how they've developed.  That could change of course over the next year.  Could have some late bloomers step up.  Could have some prospects shift from 2020 to 2019 like Bagley did. 

The 2014 draft was consider a good draft but not like 2017.   I'd say it has worked out pretty well especially considering the lost time due to injuries.  Embiid, Jokic, Capela, Nurkic, Wiggins, Parker, Smart, Randle, Saric, Gordon, Lavine, Bogdanovich, Harris, Warren, Hood, Harris, ...     

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2018, 04:47:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Does anyone have ESPN insider that minds sharing? The Sacramento pick should be really good as the West gets even stronger. I just wanna start preparing early.

Has us drafting Nassir Little at 2.