Author Topic: My hope for William's first time in Boston  (Read 951 times)

My hope for William's first time in Boston
« on: June 23, 2018, 10:19:40 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
First I have to say that I love the Robert Williams pick. But if I have one concern it's that he could stand to be a bit more humble, and learn what it is to be a Boston Celtic.

So here's how I see the first day going...

Danny Ainge is personally touring Williams around an empty Boston Garden. Williams apologizes for missing the conference call and promises it'll never happen again. "Oh I'm sure it wont" Danny replies with a coy little smirk.

The history in the air is palpable and the you can almost feel the crowd roaring but much loke a bored kid in a museum however Williams is acting interested but his mind is elsewhere and his eyes are glazing over.

Danny brings him into the locker room, gives him his practice gear and asks him to meet him out on the parquet when he's changed.

Williams stumbles his way through the dark tunnel, to a spot light as the only thing illuminating the floor and emerges to not find Danny Ainge but a fully uniformed Al Horford.

Williams is excited to meet Al at first and rushes over to dap him up. Williams holds out his hand but Al just sternly looks at him, shoves a ball into his chest and says "first to 50".

Williams is taken aback but accepts the challenge from the vet he takes the ball out tries to barrel into the lane but gets easily stuffed at the rim by a perfectly timed Horford block.

Al then gets the ball and starts raining jumpers in Robert's face. When Williams starts guarding Al up close he easily blows by him for layups at the rim. After Al bullies his way to the rack with his post game, Williams looks up to the score board reading 36 Home 0 Away.

Williams finally gets the ball back drives on Al and finally unleashes a nasty dunk of his own and roars like he just won the championship. Seemingly unimpressed, Al strips him on the next possession and calmly puts the game away.

An exhausted, down trodden Williams almost jumps out of his skin when he hears "Daddy!" and Al's kids rush into his arms. As Al walks them off the court he calls back, "You've got 3 months. Be ready."

A dejected Williams goes back to his hotel room with a new found fire while the whole time watching from a shadowy box Brad Stevens smiles to himself and thinks "Now I've got something to work with."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 11:15:19 AM by Smartacus »

Re: My hope for William's first tine in Boston
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 11:05:33 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
First I have to say that I love the Robert Williams pick. But if I have one concern it's that he could stand to be a bit more humble, and learn what it is to be a Boston Celtic.

So here's how I see the first day going...

Danny Ainge is personally touring Williams around an empty Boston Garden. Williams apologizes for missing the conference call and promises it'll never happen again. "Oh I'm sure it wont" Danny replies with a coy little smirk.

The history in the air is palpable and the you can almost feel the crowd roaring but much loke a bored kid in a museum however Williams is acting interested but his mind is elsewhere and his eyes are glazing over.

Danny brings him into the locker room, gives him his practice gear and asks him to meet him out on the parquet when he's changed.

Williams stumbles his way through the dark tunnel, to a spot light as the only thing illuminating the floor and emerges to not find Danny Ainge but a fully uniformed Al Horford.

Williams is excited to meet Al at first and rushes over to dap him up. Williams holds out his hand but Al just sternly looks at him, shoves a ball into his chest and says "first to 50".

Williams is taken aback but accepts the challenge from the vet he takes the ball out tries to barrel into the lane but gets easily stuffed at the rim by a perfectly timed Horford block.

Al then gets the ball and starts raining jumpers in Robert's face. When Williams starts guarding Al up close he easily blows by him for layups at the rim. After Al bullies his way to the rack with his post game, Williams looks up to the score board reading 36 Home 0 Away.

Williams finally gets the ball back drives on Al and finally unleashes a nasty dunk of his own and roars like he just won the championship. Seemingly unimpressed, Al strips him on the next possession and calmly puts the game away.

An exhausted, down trodden Williams almost jumps out of his skin when he hears "Daddy!" and Al's kids rush into his arms. As Al walks them off the court he calls back, "You've got 3 months. Be ready."

A dejected Williams goes back to his hotel room with a new found fire while the whole time watching from a shadowy box Brad Stevens smiles to himself and thinks "Now I've got something to work with."

Nice story. TP!

Re: My hope for William's first time in Boston
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 11:36:10 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
This is odd