Author Topic: Williams is already a better prospect than Capela or Jordan was  (Read 4590 times)

Re: Williams is already a better prospect than Capela or Jordan was
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2018, 11:24:59 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Not sure as to which gif to use, here, so I'll just post them both ;D -

So, to recap, your signature is basically just you complaining about DA not valuing rebounding.

Then DA drafts the best rebounding option possible, maybe the guy with the best rebounding upside he’s ever picked, and you’re complaining about it more than any other Celtics fan.

Then just for reference, Alkins the guy you wanted at #28 went undrafted, and your big man binkie Patton is an awful rebounder compared to a Williams.

Seems like you don’t want to update your views on Williams, so maybe it’s time to update the sig?

BOOM!

TP!
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2018, 11:34:36 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
how about is he a better prospect than Jordan Bell was?

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2018, 11:49:58 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

So, to recap, your signature is basically just you complaining about DA not valuing rebounding.

Then DA drafts the best rebounding option possible, maybe the guy with the best rebounding upside he’s ever picked, and you’re complaining about it more than any other Celtics fan.

Then just for reference, Alkins the guy you wanted at #28 went undrafted, and your big man binkie Patton is an awful rebounder compared to a Williams.

Seems like you don’t want to update your views on Williams, so maybe it’s time to update the sig?

Yeah, because prior to this selection, Ainge never addressed the rebounding problem, but honestly, yes, I was thinking about changing my sig in the aftermath of him drafting Williams. I'm just not sure as to what I should put in its place as of right now :-\.

As for my complaining about the pick, well, I'm not the guy with the poor work ethic, questionable motor, and possible problems pertaining to the health of my knee(s) who did nothing to dispel concerns owing to his character/maturity by oversleeping his very first introduction to the Boston media, etc., via a mandatory conference call ::).

Finally, when it comes to Rawle Alkins and Justin Patton, at least I'll never have to worry about them insofar as motor and work ethic are concerned, as opposed to our 27th overall selection, this year ;).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 02:12:16 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2018, 12:23:51 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
how about is he a better prospect than Jordan Bell was?
Yes. Coming into the league younger, is more athletic, has better physical measurables, and was just as productive as Bell despite playing less minutes and being misused at A&M, unlike Bell who was used perfectly
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2018, 02:08:23 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Danny Ainge doesn’t properly value guards with no recognisable NBA skills would be more appropriate now

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2018, 06:56:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think skill can be developed and honed, a guy with athletic potential always has more chance to be special than a skilled guy who is not athletic.   The real issue will they work as hard because the skilled guy who is not athletic usually knows where their bread is buttered and work very hard.  Sully is a rare example of a guy who was skilled but not athletic who did not understand this matter.   If Robert comes in willing to work and learn he will be fine but his ceiling is a lot higher and his floor is a lot lower because of the athletic thing.   It is all up to him and the coaches pushing his buttons.

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
-Not exactly a great shooter, but Williams can also hit mid-range shots occasionally. His mechanics doesn't look broken either. The 2 can't also score outside the painted area

Holy homerism batman!

Prove me wrong. Can both Capela and DJ hit mid-range shots? I rarely see either of them spot up some mid-range shots if there's any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVr6qln44cQ&t=1s

Skip to 5:35 and you can see him hitting long range jumpers consistently in the shootaround. He maybe raw, but he's not one-dimensional offensively.
Are we SERIOUSLY using practice to prove a guy can shoot?!?  Seriously?  That’s about as meaningless as it gets.
holy crap everybody!!! we have allen iverson as a member of celticblog!!!!
https://youtu.be/KrkY6IhTd-4

https://youtu.be/Wejko7S3is0

iverson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

simmons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6UZvdYzzrY

o'neil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_8_7gorEug

;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva