Author Topic: Celtics summer league squad  (Read 11362 times)

Re: Celtics summer league squad
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2018, 01:23:11 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Oof. Yabu playing SL going into year 3...not a good look for this player. This is basically a make or break year for this guy.

Don't we let most of our guys play in 2 SL's? Tatum is the first I can remember not doing it because he's so good already, jaylen would not have either but he insisted. Smart, roze, etc. all played in 2. IIRC Yabu hasn't played in 1 summer League but I could be mistaken, even if I'm not right on that, it's been 1 at the most.

Yeah, it's been one because I do remember the dancing bear came last season.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:34:13 PM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2018, 01:36:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Oof. Yabu playing SL going into year 3...not a good look for this player. This is basically a make or break year for this guy.

Don't we let most of our guys play in 2 SL's? Tatum is the first I can remember not doing it because he's so good already, jaylen would not have either but he insisted. Smart, roze, etc. all played in 2. IIRC Yabu hasn't played in 1 summer League but I could be mistaken, even if I'm not right on that, it's been 1 at the most.

Yabusele played in SL the year he was drafted (2016), but not last year because of injury.  Regardless, he’s coming off his rookie season, and that’s not an unusual time for a Celtic to participate in summer league.

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2018, 01:50:35 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
My only hope for summer league is that Robert Williams neither has a 14PT, 18RB, 5blk game where he absolutely dominates, or an 0-8 FGA, 0-6 FT, 2RB, 6TO stinker.

I don't think I'd be able to take the hysteria either way.

Here's to him playing most of the games and getting 8PT, 8RB, 2BLK and showing some decent potential.

The reactions if he did both ( which seems very possible to me) would be priceless.

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Yabusele played in SL the year he was drafted (2016), but not last year because of injury.  Regardless, he’s coming off his rookie season, and that’s not an unusual time for a Celtic to participate in summer league.

Thanks for the correction, either way, it's only been once and Celts give their players 2 unless they are very good or they think they're too advanced already (I would say high picks but smart was 6th).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2018, 02:56:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
My only hope for summer league is that Robert Williams neither has a 14PT, 18RB, 5blk game where he absolutely dominates, or an 0-8 FGA, 0-6 FT, 2RB, 6TO stinker.

I don't think I'd be able to take the hysteria either way.

Here's to him playing most of the games and getting 8PT, 8RB, 2BLK and showing some decent potential.

The reactions if he did both ( which seems very possible to me) would be priceless.
ha, even i would like to see those reactions.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2018, 06:46:03 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I’m not sure how many people we typically carry but the Summer League roster looks to be pretty much set or close to it at this point.

Robert Williams III
Semi Ojeleye
Guerschon Yabusele
Kadeem Allen
Jabari Bird (if signed by then)
Justin Bibbs
Jarell Eddie
Jarrod Uthoff
Daniel Dixon
Demetrius Conger

That’s 10 confirmed guys, maybe we add like 2 more at the most but since we are only playing in one Summer League this year instead of two that might be the complete roster already.

SERIOUSLY!?

IT'S HAPPENING, SALTLOVER! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! ;D

Bahahaha ;D.

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2018, 06:49:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
I’m not sure how many people we typically carry but the Summer League roster looks to be pretty much set or close to it at this point.

Robert Williams III
Semi Ojeleye
Guerschon Yabusele
Kadeem Allen
Justin Bibbs
Jarell Eddie
Jarrod Uthoff
Daniel Dixon
Demetrius Conger

That’s 10 confirmed guys, maybe we add like 2 more at the most but since we are only playing in one Summer League this year instead of two that might be the complete roster already.

SERIOUSLY!?

Bahahaha ;D.

I saw that.  And you think Ainge doesn’t listen to you.

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2018, 07:01:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Robert Williams III
Semi Ojeleye
Guerschon Yabusele
Kadeem Allen
Justin Bibbs
Jarell Eddie
Jarrod Uthoff
Daniel Dixon
Demetrius Conger

SERIOUSLY!?

Bahahaha ;D.

I saw that.  And you think Ainge doesn’t listen to you.

Bahaha, TP, my friend ;D. He probably won't even get off of the bench and if he does he'll likely suck, lol ;D, but at least I'll finally get to see him in green, albeit for, what, a week? LOL ;D.

It's okay. For once, I'm actually going to enjoy something ;D.

Couldn't find sauce of roster, tho ;D.

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2018, 07:03:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
here is a link with updates as we get closer and closer.

http://www.nba.com/summerleague#/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2018, 10:22:00 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2018, 02:14:45 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Any clue where is Jonathan Gibson? I really liked him at the end of last season, hope we give him a shot.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2018, 02:27:41 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
Ugh, we don't play until the 6th and 7th?? I need us to play in 2 SL what the heck man??!! Only 2 games unless we win or is it just 2? Maybe I just read the schedule wrong... :o

Oops, we play on the 9th too! We're playing three days in a row. Ugly. I'd bet if any of the guys who are already on our official roster play well in 2 of the games they will probably miss the other game. We held Jayson and JB out some last season. Maybe not since it's only one SL this time.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 02:33:16 AM by ImShakHeIsShaq »

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2018, 10:24:40 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Pierria Henry of Tofas will play in the NBA’s Las Vegas Summer League with the Boston Celtics. The competition starts on July 6 and ends on July 17.
– via EuroHoops.net

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2018, 10:27:51 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Ugh, we don't play until the 6th and 7th?? I need us to play in 2 SL what the heck man??!! Only 2 games unless we win or is it just 2? Maybe I just read the schedule wrong... :o

Oops, we play on the 9th too! We're playing three days in a row. Ugly. I'd bet if any of the guys who are already on our official roster play well in 2 of the games they will probably miss the other game. We held Jayson and JB out some last season. Maybe not since it's only one SL this time.

We play three games for the standings, and then a minimum of two playoff games.  So you’ll have at least 5 chances to watch the Summer Celts!

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2018, 10:30:28 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Pierria Henry of Tofas will play in the NBA’s Las Vegas Summer League with the Boston Celtics. The competition starts on July 6 and ends on July 17.
– via EuroHoops.net

A 6’5” combo guard who shot 42% from 3 in Turkey last year.  From West Virginia, and played college basketball at UNC-Charlotte.