Author Topic: maturity issues or medical issues  (Read 11619 times)

Re: maturity issues or medical issues
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2018, 02:47:31 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
He went to his aunt's house to sleep. Yikes, he's a bust!

bad look

Nope.

Biggest night of his life, and he missed some stupid conference call for the media early the next am. It's not like this was a big event that he missed. He made a stupid mistake for a stupid conference call. What were we going to learn from this conference call? How would that information help the Boston Celtics win the championship?

It would be different if it was his first day of actual work. This was a trivial event, and he treated it like it wasn't important. I'd agree with you if the conference call had any impact on anything.

We don't need to analyze every action and try to pull a greater meaning out of it. I'm sure the team is going to focus on time management with young Robert Williams. Until it becomes an actual issue, I'm going to focus on his basketball play.

Okay then, great look.

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2018, 02:56:50 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
All this will be forgotten the first time he blocks Lebron's shot.

« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2018, 02:59:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

bad look

Nope.

Biggest night of his life, and he missed some stupid conference call for the media early the next am. It's not like this was a big event that he missed. He made a stupid mistake for a stupid conference call. What were we going to learn from this conference call? How would that information help the Boston Celtics win the championship?

It would be different if it was his first day of actual work. This was a trivial event, and he treated it like it wasn't important. I'd agree with you if the conference call had any impact on anything.

We don't need to analyze every action and try to pull a greater meaning out of it. I'm sure the team is going to focus on time management with young Robert Williams. Until it becomes an actual issue, I'm going to focus on his basketball play.

Okay then, great look.

Yeah, if we can’t admit that blowing off your future employer is a bad look,I don’t know what we all can possibly agree on.

It was a bad look. It doesn’t define him, but don’t sugarcoat it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2018, 04:40:37 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
We have high expectations from 27th pick.... it is up to him to stay in the league... at first he will be behind Horford baynes theis Morris and Tatum at the rotation... If he learns he plays.. If he falls asleep adios.

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2018, 05:20:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Most young men that age have maturity issues.   Still I wish we knew more about the team rules thing in the NCAA that got him suspended a few games.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:01:27 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Even more concerning than missing the initial call is that Williams’ comments were barely deciferable when he finally got on the phone.  What’s up with that?  Doesn’t sound good to me.

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2018, 09:33:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Even more concerning than missing the initial call is that Williams’ comments were barely deciferable when he finally got on the phone.  What’s up with that?  Doesn’t sound good to me.

What’s the problem with having a bad cell connection?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2018, 09:35:52 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Is that what it was?  I was thinking substance abuse when I read about it.  Glad it was just a connection problem.

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2018, 12:15:28 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

bad look

Nope.

Okay then, great look.

Yeah, if we can’t admit that blowing off your future employer is a bad look,I don’t know what we all can possibly agree on.

It was a bad look. It doesn’t define him, but don’t sugarcoat it.

I agree that I'm sugar coating it. I'm trying to ignore a potential negative and adopt a positive image of this young guy before I see him play. Call me a homer. I tend to like to think that there's more good in people than bad. I generally don't agree with cynics/pessimists.

I'm a Robert Williams fan, at least until he gives me a reason not to be one.

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2018, 04:24:45 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

I agree that I'm sugar coating it. I'm trying to ignore a potential negative and adopt a positive image of this young guy before I see him play. Call me a homer. I tend to like to think that there's more good in people than bad. I generally don't agree with cynics/pessimists.

I'm a Robert Williams fan, at least until he gives me a reason not to be one.

so they way to talk him is to ignore potential flaws and exaggerate on his talents.....

no wonder we see his name next to established stars and (dare i say it??) Bill Russel

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2018, 07:02:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I used to live in a place in the USA that has very poor cell reception and no broadband internet in SE OHIO.   It still does not have things I would imagine LA can be the same way in some parts.