Author Topic: Ainge got his big at pick 27. Welcome Robert Williams  (Read 43619 times)

Re: Ainge got his big at pick 27. Welcome Robert Williams
« Reply #240 on: June 22, 2018, 01:50:02 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Adam Himmelsbach

Verified account

@AdamHimmelsbach
 3m3 minutes ago
More
Robert Williams: "I feel like I love defense. I feel like most of all, I thrive off of defense."

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that his best attributes are his defense and rebounding but his big question is his competitiveness? How many players have you ever heard of that are lazy but great defenders?

Someone with RW's physical attributes can erase a ton of mistakes through sheer speed and athleticism.

That said, Weiss said one of the big reasons RW fell was due to the fact that no teams had his medicals.He didn't attend the combine so was basically a mystery man. The Celtics researched his medicals when he fell into the 20s and felt comfortable enough to move forward..

« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2018, 01:50:53 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Let us hope we get his medicals soon so if he needs a knee procedure, we do that asap. Definitely always a risk when a late lottery prospect does not share medicals. It cost him money not to share it so my assumption is no bueno on that front. Just hope whatever is being hidden is not a full year recovery.

Oh, I do support the pick! But if there is a big injury we are blind about, It would stink for next year.

« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2018, 01:51:35 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Let us hope we get his medicals soon so if he needs a knee procedure, we do that asap. Definitely always a risk when a late lottery prospect does not share medicals. It cost him money not to share it so my assumption is no bueno on that front. Just hope whatever is being hidden is not a full year recovery.

Oh, I do support the pick! But if there is a big injury we are blind about, It would stink for next year.

Celtics had his medicals last night before they picked him. They started to review them at around pick 17..

« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2018, 01:53:57 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Also watching film it's not necessarily true he has no offense outside the paint. I see he can face up and shoot to about 15-20 ocassionally.

His FT form really needs work however..

« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2018, 01:56:55 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Melo, Faveratti, Sully, KO, Mickey... Have any bigs panned out since Perkins (also taken at 27 in the 1st round)?

KO was not a bust. Best big for Miami in the playoffs.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2018, 01:57:06 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

If you've seen the Rozier facetiming live on B/R's nba draft, you'll see that Ainge said he is pending the draft pick once he gets the medicals.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2018, 02:00:39 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah once Williams dropped out of the lottery, a number of teams in the lower half the draft got his medical information.

« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2018, 02:02:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Not only did every team in the league pass on Green, would he even be the player he is today in most situations?

I could easily see him seen as a Marcus Smart level player if he wasn't on a team that enabled him to play his game and be such an impact defender.

Even the Warriors only gave him the starting job because Lee got hurt remember, Kerr has been very open with that.

« Reply #248 on: June 22, 2018, 02:17:25 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

« Reply #249 on: June 22, 2018, 02:19:09 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
This isn’t a pick for the next year but the future, so I’m ok if he needs a procedure that may limit his playing time this season.

Assuming we are still going to resign Baynes, this is a great pick. If he turns into a Capela-esque player, Ainge stole the draft. If he’s doesn’t pan out, it was the 27th pick.

The playoffs we will roll with Horford/Baynes/Theis so no rush on this kid.

Let’s get KG in here to light his fire. If he is determined (and how can you not be on this team? Especially with Stevens able to get the most out of seemingly everyone), actually motivated to become great.... he can be.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #250 on: June 22, 2018, 02:32:52 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Cool, thanks everyone for info. Been traveling for business and have missed much of the news. I am super excited knowing they saw the info before picking. Seems like a perfext Aimge pick!

« Reply #251 on: June 22, 2018, 02:48:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Adam Himmelsbach

Verified account

@AdamHimmelsbach
 3m3 minutes ago
More
Robert Williams: "I feel like I love defense. I feel like most of all, I thrive off of defense."

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that his best attributes are his defense and rebounding but his big question is his competitiveness? How many players have you ever heard of that are lazy but great defenders?
Defense and rebounding. Because shooting, post moves, and free throw shooting actually require putting in the hours...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #252 on: June 22, 2018, 02:49:40 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
This isn’t a pick for the next year but the future, so I’m ok if he needs a procedure that may limit his playing time this season.

Assuming we are still going to resign Baynes, this is a great pick. If he turns into a Capela-esque player, Ainge stole the draft. If he’s doesn’t pan out, it was the 27th pick.

The playoffs we will roll with Horford/Baynes/Theis so no rush on this kid.

Let’s get KG in here to light his fire. If he is determined (and how can you not be on this team? Especially with Stevens able to get the most out of seemingly everyone), actually motivated to become great.... he can be.

Anything's possible.

« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2018, 03:04:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If he plays consistently like he did in the tournament versus Providence and North Carolina, I will be happy with that.

« Reply #254 on: June 22, 2018, 03:08:23 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Celtics had his medicals last night before they picked him. They started to review them at around pick 17..

I heard he has a nebuloma on his knee.