Author Topic: Ainge got his big at pick 27. Welcome Robert Williams  (Read 43626 times)

Re: Ainge got his big at pick 27. Welcome Robert Williams
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2018, 12:25:04 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Now I know the reason he didn't pick  up, Ainge called him bob yesterday during the rozier call:

ESPNForsberg
Biggest takeaways from Robert Williams’ rescheduled conference call:

* Celtics should buy him a new phone (bonus if it has an alarm)

* He does not want to be called Bob

* He was very tired after a busy draft day

« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2018, 12:27:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Robert Williams reaction after drafted by Celtics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUpOsf1nCkE

« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2018, 12:27:42 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Adam Himmelsbach

Verified account

@AdamHimmelsbach
 3m3 minutes ago
More
Robert Williams: "I feel like I love defense. I feel like most of all, I thrive off of defense."

« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2018, 12:37:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Adam Himmelsbach

Verified account

@AdamHimmelsbach
 3m3 minutes ago
More
Robert Williams: "I feel like I love defense. I feel like most of all, I thrive off of defense."
other teams are going to hate going against smart and Williams off the bench

Can't wait 

« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2018, 12:43:04 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
ESPNForsberg

So is every order draft pick, ever! Tired is the excuse? Man, I pray he grows up soon! He bought his mother a truck, he can afford 1000 alarm clocks and phones.

Last night I did a lot of searching and watching him and I came away with the thought that he could be excellent but I also saw he is a lot like Terry on social media but what I didn't see was Terry's work ethic. I found no one saying he was a hard worker. No videos of him doing anything other than flexing with a chain on him styling on pushups. Looking at pre draft workouts and he used the same answers each time as if coached, there was no deviation. What he did say was that all the teams kept telling him he needs to give more effort out there.

It's so weird learning about him because he seems like a guy we haven't picked in a long time. It's as though we went with only hard workers over the last few seasons, I hope he finds his way to that but I'm not feeling it (I know my opinion doesn't matter lol). Seems like a classic coaster.

S/N: we will know early if he is a worker because either CBS/DA will say he does or he doesn't. I have found they tell it like it is in that regard. Told us about guys that worked hard but also told us about Sully and Young when they didn't.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:49:42 PM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2018, 12:43:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I can't believe that The Lakers took Wagner over Williams. I like Mo Wagner and he's fun to watch but the Lakers are building an all no defense team.

« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2018, 12:44:27 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
Now I know the reason he didn't pick  up, Ainge called him bob yesterday during the rozier call:

ESPNForsberg

Quoted with emphasis for the hilarity of that particular aspect of Forsberg's take.   ;D

« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2018, 12:48:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I can't believe that The Lakers took Wagner over Williams. I like Mo Wagner and he's fun to watch but the Lakers are building an all no defense team.

Lakers will ALWAYS be the Lakers ....

Wagner was Seven Foot ....the giant inhe image of  Howard , Gasol  , kAJ ,  Lopez they paid out the nose for Mosgov even,  Shaq ......they are the Team or the Giant players . They always want THE best 7 footer .....Always. ... fans expect it.

I knew they would take him....100 %

They still want to give the fan s the same feel. as always . Domination though size with a KObe like player here and there.

« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2018, 12:52:11 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78

First, Vagner (as it's pronounced) is better on D than people realize.

More to the point, it's a strong signal that Magic is going to trade Kuzma and other players (hate calling them "pieces", they're human beings not objects) for whichever Super Star he's targeting (either K. Leonard or perhaps 'Bron).

If the latter (S&T) as most people suspect given his ties to the LA area which would further 'Bron's long term marketing objectives, the Cavs would essentially become Laker's East, already trading for Nance and Clarkson, along with who else is sent over.   Ingram alone won't do it so Ingram + Ball, if reports are accurate 'Bron doesn't care for LaVar, and Deng for salary matching purposes sounds most likely.

« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2018, 12:53:14 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Wagner was Seven Foot ....the giant inhe image of Gasol , kAJ ,  Lopez they paid out the nose for Mosgov even,  Shaq ......they are the Team or the Giant players .

They still want to give the fan s the same feel. as always . Domination though size with a KObe like player here and there.

Wagner will get destroyed on defense. Williams a much better fit for us...

« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2018, 12:56:42 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Its pick 27. 

Wildly best case: He becomes a cornerstone defensive big in the mold of De'Andre, Cappella.

Worst Case:  Third big off the bench good for a couple dunks, a block and six fouls.

Most likely scenario: Decent bench rotation player, good for a solid 15 minutes a night.

If you expect anything different out of a 27 pick, I don't know what else to tell you.  He adds to the length of the team, and if can use that length and athleticism effectively for 15 to 20 minutes a night, this is a home run.  And if he never gets it, he doesn't cost much and he'll be trade filler or not re-signed at the end of his rookie deal.

Your worst case scenario is a lot closer to the median case scenario. The worst case is he's a Fab Melo-esque flameout who has the physical skills but not the mentality or work ethic to ever become a competent player.

« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2018, 12:57:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The more I review Robert Williams he compares much better to Drummond than Capela

Capela is not as explosive as Williams nor Drummond.  Williams ceiling is Drummond but with a shot and better perimeter skills.  Which would be scary

« Reply #222 on: June 22, 2018, 01:01:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Wagner was Seven Foot ....the giant inhe image of Gasol , kAJ ,  Lopez they paid out the nose for Mosgov even,  Shaq ......they are the Team or the Giant players .

Wagner will get destroyed on defense. Williams a much better fit for us...

1000% agree.    They knew it too, but Wagner looks like a traditional Laker ....Image is ALL important with that franchise .    They are the same people who drive Hum Vees   .     

« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2018, 01:04:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Its pick 27. 

Wildly best case: He becomes a cornerstone defensive big in the mold of De'Andre, Cappella.

Worst Case:  Third big off the bench good for a couple dunks, a block and six fouls.

Most likely scenario: Decent bench rotation player, good for a solid 15 minutes a night.

If you expect anything different out of a 27 pick, I don't know what else to tell you.  He adds to the length of the team, and if can use that length and athleticism effectively for 15 to 20 minutes a night, this is a home run.  And if he never gets it, he doesn't cost much and he'll be trade filler or not re-signed at the end of his rookie deal.

Your worst case scenario is a lot closer to the median case scenario. The worst case is he's a Fab Melo-esque flameout who has the physical skills but not the mentality or work ethic to ever become a competent player.

FAB Melo had great size for a center but nothing exceptional in the quick/explosiveness department

RW floor should be higher.  Even if he gets beat on the drive initially, he is still able to block shots  in a blink of an eye. 

« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2018, 01:04:52 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The more I review Robert Williams he compares much better to Drummond than Capela

Capela is not as explosive as Williams nor Drummond.  Williams ceiling is Drummond but with a shot and better perimeter skills.  Which would be scary

I think Draymond Green is a good comp for Williams.