Author Topic: Could Cleveland Trade #8 For Star AND Sign Dwight For Minimum?  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I know Dwight Howard is a headcase and can be a clown, but the reality is he's probably still way better than Tristan Thompson, especially considering how TT does against the Warriors in the Finals (getting out-rebounded by Curry LOL).

If say, CLE trades #8 + Assets for Kemba (also keeping Kevin Love), or even #8 + Love + $$$ filler FOR Batum + Kemba, and then sign Howard using MLE or some minimum exception, does that convince Lebron to stay? I think it might considering there really is no "perfect" option for Lebron out there to be honest. Lakers are the closest but they still need to see how the whole Kawhi-saga plays out.

It could certainly blow up in Cleveland's face but I mean, they probably have to try something (make a last ditch, desperation effort) to keep Lebron, otherwise once he leaves nothing matters for that franchise anymore for at least the next decade.

Thoughts?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Could Cleveland Trade #8 For Star AND Sign Dwight For Minimum?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 04:28:25 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Dwight is tired of being criticized so him and Lebron is guaranteed a no go. Brown brings too much attention and Dwight just wants to blend in or be the #1 scoring option. It's either golden state or Boston. I'd bet on this.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 04:38:24 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Or Blazers

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 04:38:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Dwight is tired of being criticized so him and Lebron is guaranteed a no go. Brown brings too much attention and Dwight just wants to blend in or be the #1 scoring option. It's either golden state or Boston. I'd bet on this.

Would suck if it's Golden State, but at the same time if Howard cares about his legacy, he should probably be looking at teams like Houston (IF they somehow lose Capela in FA), Portland or Boston. Contributing and winning a ring with them would look so much better than with Golden State in terms of legacy and getting back some love/respect.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 04:39:27 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
My thought is that nobody knows what is going on in the head of Lebron, so it's impossible to tell what would please him - "peel me a grape knave!" :)

But, to play along with the concept, if those moves made Lebron stay in Cleveland another year, I'm not sure it gets them out of the East, let alone beat the Warriors.

The last thing the NBA needs is another lousy finals...so like Mighty Mouse, here come the Celtics to "save the day!" :)

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 04:45:33 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Dwight couldn't move the needle for Atlanta or for charlotte at all. I mean he couldn't even make the playoffs playing with Kemba in the east. I don't see a minimum buyout guy is the difference for Cleveland or Lebron. I mean would you post the same thing about them signing baynes? Also as others have mentioned I think Lebron and Dwight may be the worst personality match possible in the NBA

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 04:49:48 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
no.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 05:02:10 PM by 86MaxwellSmart »
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 04:52:42 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sure they could.

It doesn't sound like any players who really move the needle are all that interested in coming to Cleveland. Kemba on a rental is a move that would be tough for CLE to swallow given how invested in the pick Gilbert is currently.

I really do not see them trading it at all.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 04:53:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Dwight couldn't move the needle for Atlanta or for charlotte at all. I mean he couldn't even make the playoffs playing with Kemba in the east. I don't see a minimum buyout guy is the difference for Cleveland or Lebron. I mean would you post the same thing about them signing baynes? Also as others have mentioned I think Lebron and Dwight may be the worst personality match possible in the NBA

To be completely frank, the Hornets roster was awful. I mean it is even a wonder they won more than 25 games. Absolutely no floor spacing, and Batum fell off the edge, and in the end, it doesn't even matter. He had to fall, but lost it all.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 05:07:36 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Dwight Howard on the FA market.....     Lets gamble!  IF he would sign a Baynes type deal.....Watch out!   

Diggles

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 05:16:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
CLE is going to stink if LeBron leaves.   If he stays and they sign Dwight and add a star, which won't work because stars make much more than draft picks,   Also, no one wants their bloated no show final guys and they are not parting with Love.  We will still beat them!

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 06:28:49 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
Dwight Howard on the FA market.....     Lets gamble!  IF he would sign a Baynes type deal.....Watch out!

Dwight is the antithesis of what CBS is looking for in a big man.  He can't shoot from outside, is only decent in PnR because he has bad hands, often turns the ball over and even when he can hold onto the ball he can't hit free throws meaning he'll have to sit during the 4th Q in tight games.

He's also the antithesis of a true Celtic. He's selfish, often pushing or elbowing teammates out of the way to grab rebounds to pad his stats and often sulks (at both ends of the court) when things aren't going his way.

I would go BALLISTIC if the C's signed Dwight...seriously.   >:(