Author Topic: Woj has Mamba to the Mavs at 5 does Danny swoop in?  (Read 3322 times)

Re: Woj has Mamba to the Mavs at 5 does Danny swoop in?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
I find it interesting he list each team next to the pick except the 4th pick...I wonder if he is hearing that a trade is coming

I think that this is where the Celtics may trade in if at all. Personally I prefer Jackson to Bamba
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 05:03:12 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
There is NO WAY Ainge is trading Tatum or Brown tonight, period.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 05:05:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Giving up Brown for the 5th pick in the draft would be beyond ridiculous. You draft a guy 3rd, he turns out to be a better player than you could have hoped, and you then trade him for a lower draft pick. What sort of clown would make that trade?

Chris Wallace?

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 05:14:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Wendell Carter probably a better fit in our system, and the modern NBA in general, than Bamba. Maybe if WC will slide to a point where a package of Rozier and picks (but not SAC pick) can get him?

Honestly don't understand all the love for Bamba.  He'll be sitting in the 4th quarter his entire career.

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 05:26:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
There is NO WAY Ainge is trading Tatum or Brown tonight, period.

oh man I hope that is the case.  Danny would trade his mom if he thought it was the right move though.  I really think Jaylen and Jason should be with us for the long haul. 

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 06:01:17 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I do like Bamba. I think it's smart that he's trying to showcase his perimeter game.

I'm not sure that the Bamba experiment is worth the investment to trade up. DAL is going to ask a lot for a top 5 pick.

I'm a little more interested in Bol Bol next year. If the Kings pick hits, they might end up getting a player with some outside skills that could be 7'5-7'6. This would cost less than trading up to get Bamba, a player I'm less interested in.

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 06:12:09 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
What would be better for this Cs team, finding a Rudy Gobert, or another talented guard/wing? Maybe a Porter or Young will pan out, but how much better does it make us?

Bamba would be a coup for the Celtics because of fit and defensive potential. It's what Houston succeeded at this year, but with superior players and even more length. Teams are trying to find a defensive answer to pace-and-space, and look at these wingspans for Bamba, Horford, Brown, Tatum: 7'10" / 7'1" / 7'0" / 6'11". For reference, some important chart toppers are:

Rudy Gobert: 7'9"
Kevin Durant: 7'5"
Draymond Green: 7'1"

Baynes was an excellent defender for us, but the one thing he can't do is protect the wing & the perimeter at once. The crazy thing about Gobert-like length is that a defender can stay home and still be 1 step from contesting outside shots.

Defensively, Smart/ Brown/ Tatum/ Horford/ Bamba is a lineup of death.
Offensively, Irving/ Hayward/ Brown/ Tatum/ Horford is pretty great, too.

Mix and match between the two and that's a crazy good top-7, and yet another cost controlled player.

If we get Bamba w/o giving up Brown or Tatum, I'm all in. Sure, there's a risk, but there's a very unique reward.

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 06:17:13 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I do like Bamba. I think it's smart that he's trying to showcase his perimeter game.

I'm not sure that the Bamba experiment is worth the investment to trade up. DAL is going to ask a lot for a top 5 pick.

I'm a little more interested in Bol Bol next year. If the Kings pick hits, they might end up getting a player with some outside skills that could be 7'5-7'6. This would cost less than trading up to get Bamba, a player I'm less interested in.

Respectfully disagree. Bamba has already played a year at the college level and has the better NBA body. Bigger wingspan, more mature, can rebound, and guys taller than 7'1" or so have a very spotty injury history. The last thing we want is to draft Shawn Bradley.

Cost matters of course and I'm fine with standing pat, but I wouldn't even be thinking about Bol Bol, who I doubt plays any useful NBA basketball for another 3+ years.

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 06:21:33 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Consensus moving towards standing pat in the First but maybe grabbing a second rounder..

Keith Smith

Verified account

@KeithSmithNBA
Follow Follow @KeithSmithNBA
More
Sounds like the Boston Celtics are staying put in the first round, but trying to get in to the second round (where Boston's pick went to the Thunder). The Celtics could buy a pick or move a future pick.

3:08 PM - 21 Jun 2018

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2018, 06:25:11 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Respectfully disagree. Bamba has already played a year at the college level and has the better NBA body. Bigger wingspan, more mature, can rebound, and guys taller than 7'1" or so have a very spotty injury history. The last thing we want is to draft Shawn Bradley.

Cost matters of course and I'm fine with standing pat, but I wouldn't even be thinking about Bol Bol, who I doubt plays any useful NBA basketball for another 3+ years.

Definitely agree that Bol Bol is a big time project. He's skinny, and always will be skinny. Bamba may even be the better player. I just think Bamba is going to be overvalued tonight. I think Bol is more realistic.

Imagine yourself as a Dallas fan. Your team stinks. Tonight is a big night for you.

Are you going to be ok with Terry Rozier + SAC pick (who knows what that is) + filler?
Danny's not throwing any of the starters out there tonight in a trade for Bamba.

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2018, 06:33:31 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Consensus moving towards standing pat in the First but maybe grabbing a second rounder..

Keith Smith

Verified account

@KeithSmithNBA
Follow Follow @KeithSmithNBA
More
Sounds like the Boston Celtics are staying put in the first round, but trying to get in to the second round (where Boston's pick went to the Thunder). The Celtics could buy a pick or move a future pick.

3:08 PM - 21 Jun 2018

I'd love if they picked up another pick tonight, and would be satisfied if they drafted Smart and Rozier's replacements. Khyri Thomas and Jaleb Brunson/Jevon Carter may eventually be serviceable replacements to come off the bench.