Author Topic: Russillo: Celtics Will "Aggressively" Try To Trade Into Top 10 Of Draft  (Read 14214 times)

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
If we could get Carter with Rozier, our 1st, and the Kings pick, I would do it.

I think the most likely outcome for the Sacto pick is 7-12 next year.

Why not get a comparable pick this year at a position of need? His floor seems pretty high - already has an NBA-ready body and some perimeter game, high BBIQ, willing defender. He might plug in for 10-15 minutes right away and be ready to replace Al in 2 years when (if we are lucky) Jaylen will have earned a fat contract.

I'd also do the Sacto pick and Rozier for Wendell Carter or Jaren Jackson Jr, and I'd include the Clippers pick and our pick next year in place of #27 if possible, to still get a backup guard.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I think it's possible Ainge is after one of those bigs. I doubt it's Bomba. The rumor is Orlando's #6 could be had for Rozier and the Sac pick. Orlando needs a PG, and Rozier is a good fit.

From your lips...

I’d take that deal right now.

Mike

Let’s do this deal for the 6th pick, and the Grizzles trade where we send out the Grizzlies pick we own to a 3rd team with Parsons.  Add fillers and sweeteners if needed.  Draft Doncic and a big. Done and done. Lol

Online gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Wow, I have no idea where that account came from. Mods, how do I delete the account above (mef623)?

Mike

You're not supposed to out your own burner account after just one post  ;)

Offline Joyride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
I think it's possible Ainge is after one of those bigs. I doubt it's Bomba. The rumor is Orlando's #6 could be had for Rozier and the Sac pick. Orlando needs a PG, and Rozier is a good fit.

From your lips...

I’d take that deal right now.

Mike

Let’s do this deal for the 6th pick, and the Grizzles trade where we send out the Grizzlies pick we own to a 3rd team with Parsons.  Add fillers and sweeteners if needed.  Draft Doncic and a big. Done and done. Lol

Thats as close to fireworks as we'll ever get lol

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Wow, I have no idea where that account came from. Mods, how do I delete the account above (mef623)?

Mike

You're not supposed to out your own burner account after just one post  ;)

No kidding. But at least I'm supposed to know about my own burner account! :)

Mike

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
https://twitter.com/NBCSBoston/status/1009841908628279296

A Sherrod Blakely tweeted out that the Celtics will remain at 27 and not trade up. I think this is the confirmation that we were all waiting for. As history tells us, we should assume the opposite of what Sherrod tells us. Now I expect the Celtics to trade the #27 pick and get into the top 10.

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

A Sherrod Blakely tweeted out that the Celtics will remain at 27 and not trade up. I think this is the confirmation that we were all waiting for. As history tells us, we should assume the opposite of what Sherrod tells us. Now I expect the Celtics to trade the #27 pick and get into the top 10.

Just when I was ready for a quiet day, now we know something major will happen- I will be in the air when draft is happening. I guess I need to buy wifi now! 😁

Offline Joyride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3

Haven't we all heard this before?  The only time was legit surprised was when we traded last years 1st to Philly.  I'm willing to bet Danny drafts or trades to draft someone we've never even talked about.